Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - SQUARE: The REAL Story Enquiring minds want to know! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

YerPalAl

Post Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:02 am   Reply with quote         

DANG!!! And I thought the Groucho nose and glasses would disguise us well enough. Guess I'll have to figure out something better for Square. Laughing Wink Laughing

Cynn

Post Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:18 am   Reply with quote         

This is such a hoot. Great job, Strange Brew!

Cambria

Post Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:43 pm   Reply with quote         

A couple years ago I had a flight layover in Philadelphia, PA. I just realized what a missed opportunity I had! I WAS ONLY 260 MILES FROM WHERE SQUARE LIVES!!!!!!
*SIGH* Sad
I am kicking myself now. To be so close... Crying or Very sad

I guess it just goes to show how fate is. But, fate has a way of taking care of things!

"Strange Brew" has booked a tour for the holidays (the only time we could all have vacation together) to go on a "Square Pilgrimage". The tour package promises such locations as Square's home residence (I DO hope we get to go inside!!!!!!) an opportunity to pet her cat Figaro, the hospital she works in, her local grocery story, and the local Victoria's Secret shop where she buys all her favorite undies! The Grand Finale will be a trip to New York's Metropolitian Museum of Fine Arts which is doing a one woman show in the new Square wing!!!! We are hoping for a meeting with Square, but the tour guide has stated with Square's high demand & commitment schedule... it may not be possible. Sad A possible side trip is to the Letterman Show where Square will be appearing as a guest is in the works!!!! (Cross your fingers on this one!!!) Razz

Contact one of Strange Brew if you're interested in joining us. (The more that sign up for the tour... the better the cost!!!). We will be travelling in an "air conditioned" tour bus once used by Huey Lewis & the News (originator of the song "It's Hip to be Square"!! ) We will also receive an autographed copy of a photo of the band (who are HUGE fans of Square!!!)

Arrow COME JOIN US FOR WHAT PROMISES TO BE A MEMORABLE TRIP!!!!

Square

Post Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:52 pm   Reply with quote         

-2 points because I don't work in a hospital, but +5 points because I really dig Huey Lewis and the News Cool

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/
cafn8d

Post Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Did we say "hospital [you] work in"? Why, Square, that covers every hospital in the country! We all know the miraculous healing power of your mere likeness! Throughout the country, every hospital has a life-size or larger statue of you. And it works! Patients in beds with a clear view of your statue feel stronger and better faster. A recent nationwide study following 65,682 patients treated at 1043 hospitals in the course of a year showed a direct correlation beween recovery and discharge times and proximity to your statue. Even after major surgeries or illnesses, patients closer to your statue had markedly shorter hospital stays and dramatically fewer complications than patients further away from yours statue. Hospitals where miniature versions of your statue were available for patients to bring home cut rehospitalization rates by 99% over hospitals with no such momentoes. So you see, Square, you do indeed "work" in the hospital--all of them! The one we are visiting during our upcoming "Square Pilgrimage" simply happens to be the one closest to your home. I hope that clarifies what was meant...

Bow SQUARE!

Cambria

Post Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:26 pm   Reply with quote         

dbbowling wrote:
Ah man....Brad and Square split! I guess Brad's rubber ducky was no match for Yerpalal's. I know Al's been seen in public with square at museums, on vacation, and in Square's bathtub....well we dont know that for sure...but al's rubber ducky was spotted in squares tub. Shocked

What irony! Did you see the new edition of Architectural Digest that just hit the stands today??? It seems to confirm your insinuation about Al's ducky being spotted in Square's bathtub!

STRANGE BREW... KILL WHAT'S INSIDE OF YOU

Square

Post Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:18 am   Reply with quote         

HAR!! That's hilarious! +2 for an AAL Laughing Laughing

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/
Cambria

Post Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:28 am   Reply with quote         

The excitement just keeps on building! Can you believe it? Even the prestigious magazine The New Yorker has discovered what we've known all along.. there is only ONE New Yorker and we're so proud she's getting the attention she's so long deserved!
Way to go, Square!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!! Hug

STRANGE BREW WORSHIPS YOU!!!!

Bow Bow Bow Bow

cafn8d

Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:21 pm   Reply with quote         

My neice and nephew have been going to summer camp. They are very sad that it's almost over, but extremely excited that they are going on a special end-of-summer field trip! They are going to see Square's one woman show in the Met's new Square Wing! I told them that we're going to see it, too, duing our pilgrimage tour. But, as eight-year-olds (twins), they keep taunting how they're going to see it FIRST! Their parents have framed lithographs of Square's famous photographs hanging throughout their home, so the twins have rightfully grown up with a rich appreciation for Square.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - SQUARE: The REAL Story Enquiring minds want to know! - Reply to topic