Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Hola - Reply to topic

clantoncs

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:54 am   Reply with quote         

Hey!
I started coming here a few days ago when I decided to try to figure out photoshop. The tutorials here are really fantastic and extremely clear. When I saw the contests, I was immediately intimidated by not just how powerful photoshop can be, but what really creative people are using it to do. I'm still rather intimidated, in fact. But nevertheless, I started seeing what I could do with the pics.
It's a few days later, and "what I can do" is still relatively nothing, but I still have learned so much just from trying the competition every day. You guys give such good critiques and hints, and are all really supportive--I don't feel like a schmuck for trying. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks.
If you happen across one of my pictures and can think of how I could improve it, PLEASE leave a quick comment!

splodge

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:31 am   Reply with quote         

here's some more tips and tricks, (tutorials)

http://www.hallcross.co.uk/free%20stuff/TUT'S/tuts.htm

and welcome to the site

Hallcross Toots
wendysmurfie

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:51 am   Reply with quote         

Hi,

Dont forget to check this thread http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2127 When you dont know what to do you can try some. There are very much tutorials on the internet but not all are clear and easy to follow. But since your a english teatcher you probably dont get stuck as soon as i do. Laughing

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome clantoncs. Smile

bigbuck

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome!

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:58 pm   Reply with quote         

consider yourself warned.

Micose

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:49 pm   Reply with quote         

hi!

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:36 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
consider yourself warned.

yeah, theres this one nutter called UnlimitedHorizen. don't give him any tips or your opinion. he'll bite your testicles off. But tell him he whines a lot. He'll respect you for that. really. Wink Seriously, though, welcome to PSC.

Post Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:00 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome to the second best site on the WWW, (Sorry but Nude midgets on unicycles is still the best site out there)

If you feel intimidated just look at some of the better choppers portfolio's and look at the early chops...we were all there at on point or another...Just chop and dont expect to much and it will come....wow that was very Zen like for me huh Razz

clantoncs

Post Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:10 am   Reply with quote         

good lord, Wendy! that tutorial thread is ridiculous!! I wish I had seen that sooner! Heh, English teacher makes me sound so old. I'm fresh out of college and am teaching English as a Second Language to college kids here in China now (I'm American).

Lurker, thanks for the advice. I took your suggestion and looked at some of the top posters first chops. It's very endearing. Inspiring, too, I hope I can become more creative and improve as much as some of you guys have. Now I'm trying to figure out something new with each contest. On the tunnel contest I learned how to pull off transforming (still need some practice to use it affectively). On the metal bits contest, I learned how to blend a texture. I blended an apple around the metal bits--of course, you can't see it at all, it looks like I just threw off the hue a little bit. Nevertheless, I learned the process of how to do it.

thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

karell

Post Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:39 pm   Reply with quote         

hello!!! and welcome Very Happy

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Hola - Reply to topic