Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Adobe Flash CS3: Q About Alpha Settings - Reply to topic

AlanHorvath

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:26 am   Reply with quote         

I'm new to Flash CS3 and I'm having a nightmare trying to find an answer to this problem:

Whenever I initially place a symbol on the stage, I can see the Color> Alpha settings in the Properties Inspector; no problem! But as soon as I set another keyframe, click anywhere else in the timeline or go back to the initial keyframe, the Color> Alpha options disappear (never to return) and I am unable to set any alpha/transparency attributes!

Can anyone help me out? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Alan

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:34 am   Reply with quote         

Are you selecting the symbol again when you go back to that frame?

splodge

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:35 am   Reply with quote         

you have to click on the oject to select it, the object should be a movie clip i think

Hallcross Toots
AlanHorvath

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:37 am   Reply with quote         

LOL! OMG ... I never thought to select the symbol again, because it *appears* to *still* be selected.

I just tried clicking on the symbol again and, bingo: Problem solved.

You have no idea how much I appreciate your help! LOL - thanks, man!

PS, Splodge: It *can* be a Graphic.

splodge

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:38 am   Reply with quote         

come back soon Smile

Hallcross Toots
AlanHorvath

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:39 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks, Bro' ... I'll be back!

ReinMan

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:04 am   Reply with quote         

That same thing happened when I was learning Flesh.

Note: you can make it a MOVIE instead of a GRAPHIC and it will basically behave the same... EXCEPT if you only make it a GRAPHIC you won't be able to do cool Blurs and Special Effects with it. I suggest (Splodge correct me if I'm wrong here) that you make your default a MOVIE setting for your symbols.

Oh - and stay away from the crazed foot-chewing beavers of Canada. (free bonus tip - hope you heed it!) Cool

splodge

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:25 am   Reply with quote         

i have never used the graphic setting, never seen it used in tutorials, i always use movie clip setting even for buttons

Hallcross Toots
Martrex

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:49 am   Reply with quote         

Well there in Central Jersey there is a 1/2 factor. Being suspended midway between New York and Philly. Residents not knowing which baseball or football team to cheer for? Being so close to the state capital they get even less respect from the politicians. And last I heard not even allowed by state law to pump your own gas. Sarcasm

(Disclaimer) As an ex-resident of said state I am allowed to at any time to slip back into my NJ Sarcasm with out warning and PSC is in no way responsible for anything said, expressed, or implied by such. Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

AlanHorvath

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:14 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
... EXCEPT if you only make it a GRAPHIC you won't be able to do cool Blurs and Special Effects with it. I suggest (Splodge correct me if I'm wrong here) that you make your default a MOVIE setting for your symbols.

That's good to know, ReinMan!

I'll do it.

Thanks.

AlanHorvath

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
Well there in Central Jersey there is a 1/2 factor. Being suspended midway between New York and Philly. Residents not knowing which baseball or football team to cheer for? Being so close to the state capital they get even less respect from the politicians. And last I heard not even allowed by state law to pump your own gas. Sarcasm

(Disclaimer) As an ex-resident of said state I am allowed to at any time to slip back into my NJ Sarcasm with out warning and PSC is in no way responsible for anything said, expressed, or implied by such. Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

LOL! How true, Martrex.

Being a singer-songwriter, performing artist for 30 years, I was away from Jersey for quite some time (10 years in Los Angeles; 10 years in Nashville) ... when I returned to Jersey (retiring from gigs), I was at a red light and some girl gave me the finger in traffic. I laughed and said, "It's great to be back in Jersey!"
Laughing

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Adobe Flash CS3: Q About Alpha Settings - Reply to topic