Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Daylight savings time - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Dont' forget daylight savings time is tonight. We bump up an hour at 2am EST.

I have snow flurries and they want me to feel springy? Too early but the time here on PSC will be correct.

Martrex

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Remember Arizona and Hawaii don't participate. But yes spring ahead 1 hour. Or you will feel silly tomorrow when your an hour late. Or for some who wouldn't notice till Monday morning and being late for work! Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I guess that Arizona folks are thrilled when it's standard time they don't have to figure the time constantly if they travel out of the state.

I lived a couple of years in Chattanooga which is EST but alot of my co-workers lived in Alabama about 30 minutes away and they were on Central time and it always caused them headaches to figure out the time, some of them just lived on EST since they worked on it.

why in heck we are jumping ahead this early in the year I don't know. I would really prefer just staying on daylight time all the time instead of revertng back and forth. I used to work 12 hour shifts in a hospital and you'd have to be there at 545 instead of 645 in the am and they would not pay for the extra hour. It really sucked.

MindGraph

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:37 pm   Reply with quote         

yipppeeee! More daylight at night time!!

splodge

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         

British Summer Time (BST) - UK Daylight Saving Time
Also : IST = Irish Summer Time (Ireland), WEDT = Western European Daylight Time, WEST Western European Summer Time
When is British Summer Time (BST) in force this year?
2008: Sunday 30 March 01:00 GMT - Sunday 26 October 01:00 GMT (02:00 BST)

Hallcross Toots
Micose

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:07 pm   Reply with quote         

so is this will mean 7 or 5 hours (it's "normally 6) diff from my place (GMT+1) , i have to set my psc clock...?
ScionShade

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
so is this will mean 7 or 5 hours (it's "normally 6) diff from my place (GMT+1) , i have to set my psc clock...?

You will have to set your clock from 2am PSC time to 3am psc timne at 2am psc time. PSC does not always manage to reset it's clocks at that time, or even the same day, or even the same week.

Post Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:30 pm   Reply with quote         

psc time was never corrected for standard time so whatever you have it set for now micose bump it one hour up _ at least on the forums it's a hour behind, not sure about the contest submission.. currently we are behind one hour from all forum postings but tomorrow we will be perfect with the forum times.

splodge

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:17 am   Reply with quote         

you want a clock? i got clocks up to the wazoo,
the correct psc and local time is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
http://www.hallcross.co.uk/images/clocks/clock.html

Hallcross Toots
Micose

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:23 am   Reply with quote         

great job Splodge!... aaaa u can't set the hour -1 or +1 ?
Oscar

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:27 am   Reply with quote         

WHAT TIME IS IT ?!?!?!

splodge

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:36 am   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots
cafn8d

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:41 am   Reply with quote         

Remember, you have to manually set the time you see in the forums. It's in your profile settings. PSC chat time is correct (sets automatically).

Also remember that when Procyon first took over PSC and moved the site to his own servers, he wound up staggering some of the automatic updates since having them all happen at the same time was causing daily down time. More likely than not, most PSC (automatic) clocks will be reset within the next 24 hours (if they're not already) after all the automatic updates have caught up with each other.

The time changes cause confusion every year, twice a year, especially in a global communtiy. Yes, US Daylight Saving Time is earlier and lasts longer than it used to. Last year was the first year for this extension. Bush signed a bill two or three years ago to make this change, in an effort for energy conservation. Ironically, some new study I heard about shows we spend MORE energy on Daylight Saving Time because people run their air conditioners longer with longer daylight hours.

The time is now 8:41 EDT. Wink

bigbuck

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:08 am   Reply with quote         

I hate daylight saving.....it makes the curtains fade.

sage

Post Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:43 pm   Reply with quote         

THANK GOD! I THOUGHT I BLACKED OUT AND LOST AN HOUR!!! Mad
Razz

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Daylight savings time - Reply to topic