Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Photoshop,CSI & Reality - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

couldb5150

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:21 am   Reply with quote         

I am an avid CSI watcher (don't care much for Miami but still watch it)...My question to you fellow choppers is how much of the computer enhancing (PS) image improving techniques that we see on the show do you think are real or possible......I personally think they give too much credit to our "Hollywood" brains and we are supposed to accept all that they do to be REAL!!!

Your Opinions?????

FootFungas

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:25 am   Reply with quote         

0.00001% real.

splodge

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:15 pm   Reply with quote         

i loved to one where they used the reflection in an eye from a photo of an asian tourist to get a full sized photo of the killer, the eye was about 10 pixels of the entire photo, same as the one where a guy enters a room infront of a low res, low frame rate security camera, the camera missed the guy, but it cought his reflectiom in the brass door knob as he aproached to door.
it must work coz they always get there guy.
ask (i think it's yellow piggy) he watches the program with his scientist wife, they have right giggle between them.
PS, i prefer N.C.S.I. love the goth chick in the lab Smile

Hallcross Toots
Wiz

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

couldb5150 wrote:
I am an avid CSI watcher (don't care much for Miami but still watch it)...My question to you fellow choppers is how much of the computer enhancing (PS) image improving techniques that we see on the show do you think are real or possible......I personally think they give too much credit to our "Hollywood" brains and we are supposed to accept all that they do to be REAL!!!

Your Opinions?????

"Don't forget the great scene in Ridley Scott's Blade runner where Harrison Ford Asks the computer to zoom in on the Snake Girl in the bath via a mirror hanging on the wall- Hard copy Please!"

Wink Wiz

creatrix

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:07 pm   Reply with quote         

I always pretend that the big bad government has much better technology than is available to us mere mortals, otherwise those reflection and crappy image enhancement routines drive me nuts. I love it when they take a crappy resolution bank surveillance cam or something and just blow it up and it suddenly becomes clearer.

But do you ever catch the computer generated scenes? I was watching X-Files the other night and had to pause and go back several times, but I'm pretty sure that when that guy falls through the ceiling and lands on Mulder, it's CGI. Of course it's obvious when it's an alien or a morph or something, but I like trying to figure it out when it's just a shot that would be a real pain in the ass.

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:25 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:

PS, i prefer N.C.S.I. love the goth chick in the lab Smile

OMG I love here too (Paully Perrette I think is her name) She's casted perfectly for her role and plays it to a tee

~5150

FootFungas

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:47 pm   Reply with quote         

One of my favorites is when they take two fired bullets and used a 3D program to match them on the way they mushroomed.
Hello! Have you ever heard of a variable!!!!

dewdew

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

NCIS all the way.....the rest are not even close. Ditto on AB's the goth chick, makes a nice Marilynn Monroe for halloween....but the tough Isreal chick has some serious skills....i'd let her whip my ass all over the house....as long as we were naked. Cool

The goverment does have great technology that the public don't and want have for some time...maybe ever......BUTTTTTT.....like Splodge said...10 pixels is 10 pixels....You could blow them up all you want....you'll just get blur.

Sometime the Camera can capture many more pixels than the monitor that it is attached to can display. In that case you may have a little more to work with...but only if the recoding devise can record them. Fact is that most companys don't by the top of the line stuff because of price. They are cheap. I bet Donald Trump don't spend anymore on security camera's than he has too.

I do have a good use for PS...but it's more for the crook than the good guy....you can place you about anywhere you want with the time and date stamped into the picture, just like a camera...so before robbing the DONALD....dont forget to chop you into that weekend at the lake. Cool

annajon

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Did you ever see Heroes? That series is almost totally created with the actors standing in front of a blue screen. So my guess is that most complicated series are made that way, including the CSI series.

I always thought it was very stupid to see those CSI series use images from fuzzy camerawork to get their man... Because at the same time you would see the real police in the programmes where police ask our help to identify people from even fuzzier camara shots. And then I thought, how is it that people can take pictures with miniature camera's that give great shots (in some life television shows they use hand camera's that take close ups that are very clear) but they can't use the same technology to create a good securety camera.

It must be that the securety camera selling companies keep people comming back with the promise that it will be better soon.... Yeah, right .....

When?

splodge

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:53 pm   Reply with quote         

if CSI would drop the name .RAW into the clip now and again,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hallcross Toots
Oscar

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I like CSI Las Vegas Very Happy

But completely fake.

couldb5150

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:34 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
....but the tough Isreal chick has some serious skills....i'd let her whip my ass all over the house....as long as we were naked. Cool

OMG ya ain't a shitting ....she's so freaking hot and apparently knows how to handle herself.....(she can handle me ANYDAY) !!!

......AS LONG AS WE WERE NAKED OF COURSE!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Am I mental?
~5150

blue_lurker

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         

You guys wanna see some of the image shit hey got out at pine gap...we use to pin point hot babes on the beach with the satalite, got to love a big aus/American budget. You could tell if they had an inny or an outy or nipple rings.

Man I miss those midnight watches...sigh

dewdew

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:06 pm   Reply with quote         

That dumb ass David Caruso...or something like that...he could'nt find his left sock without a pair of shades to take off. Laughing Laughing He fucks that show up.

The whole writters protest was stupid to me ...until.....where the hell is my SHOW!!!......it got REAL to me then... Laughing....but you cant have the Awards shows because of the strike.....are you kidding me.....hell some dumbass telling stupid jokes....call a few names...hand out a few trophies...that's it. Whats to write....... Rolling Eyes hollywood Rolling Eyes

i'm looking for info on where to get pictures of the History Channel show...LIFE AFTER PEOPLE.....they had some nice looking stuff and i would say a good bit was done with PS....and alot of 3d max....i found a pic of a post apocolypitic walmart.....it's wicked.

EDIT:
goggling PINE GAP for web feeds. Twisted Evil

splodge

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Photoshop,CSI & Reality - Reply to topic