Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - zeitgeist movie - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

supak0ma

Post Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:46 am   Reply with quote         

yes, everyone should watch this, i hope they will subtitle it so anyone in the world can watch it. I'm not so keen on the religious part, but the rest (70% of the movie) is 100% truth IMHO.

ScionShade

Post Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:30 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
yes, everyone should watch this, i hope they will subtitle it so anyone in the world can watch it. I'm not so keen on the religious part, but the rest (70% of the movie) is 100% truth IMHO.

Nice clarification.
It is actually 3 separate films pasted together..
The first is an absolute diatribe full of lies, and misdirection. It's a hate piece beyond contempt.
The second film has been partially debunked, but...unlike the first film much of the information in the second film can be confirmed elsewhere.
The third film is an accurate documentation of real facts to the best of my knowledge. Much of the US Christian community has taken those bits of history to heart for a very long time, teaching and sharing this information among one another, and some have sporadically, and non-violently attempted to fight against these injustices by disobeying the illegal, and or non existent laws. I have a very good acquaintance/friend who has recently gone to prison over this issue,
and his wife was just convicted Friday and will also be going to a federal prison.
Perhaps you've seen ..on many occasions..people on tv arguing that they do not have to pay certain taxes, then ya see them in the news going to prison for it...they are in the right.
When I say something like that about income tax, I usually get a response about how ignorant I am--without income tax how are we going to pay for roads, military, schools...etc.
I tell you if that's what you think--Don't be fooled--open yer eyes, not one penny--again...not one penny of income tax goes to you,
or anything else the government could spend it on--it ALL goes directly
to the Federal reserve ...a PRIVATELY owned bank, rather several privately owned banks to pay the interest on those dollar bills in your pocket because THEY own the money and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
just do a simple Google search will ya?."income tax interest federal reserve".....hey is that a benign enough search for ya? HA!
Good news: people are winning this case in some courts..what a few years ago was always a conviction, is starting to turn around. Times have changed..when the truth is mentioned to jurors, and the judge says "Strike that remark" then leans over tells the jury to "forget what you heard, you are not allowed to consider it", they want a reason for it...there is none.So they consider it. )
It is a pleasure to see this finally hitting the mainstream!!!
BEWARE: ALL along Christians have attempted to fight this battle,
but they were not alone...regrettably the other groups that
have raged against this machine are hate groups...white supremacists,
kkk, anti-Semites, and discontent militias. If you intend to actually follow up and learn all you can about film 3, you are going to run into a great deal of this...most of the time if you follow the links this is what you'll discover.*recruiters* IMHO is why you found the first film included with this collection.

ReinMan

Post Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Scion: that was almost READABLE!

:p Wink Very Happy

As always you bring a straightforward slice to your input, which is appreciated by this particular BeaverWithaBuzz.

I'm sorry to hear about your friends loosing that battle Crying or Very sad - I hope they can get themselves out in an expedient way. I've had friends tell me about fighting it up here (very simular set up in Canuckland) but I've never met anyone who has "won". I guess they would be rather quiet if they DID win that one. Huh..

Post Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:53 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:

kkk, anti-Semites, and discontent militias. If you intend to actually follow up and learn all you can about film 3, you are going to run into a great deal of this...most of the time if you follow the links this is what you'll discover.*recruiters* IMHO is why you found the first film included with this collection.

Regretfully, I just watched this movie in its entirety.

For those who haven't seen it, and for those who may not understand the true roots of this film, it's yet another rehashing of a century-old myth called The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

In a nutshell, the Protocols exposes a secret order of "elders" who aim to control the world through finance and media.

Of course, we all know who this refers to, and it's no surprise that, as Scion points out, most info in support of this belief will be found on anti-semitic hate group websites.

When a scapegoat is required - be it for a recession in Malaysia, the bombing of the World Trade Center, or personal tax problems - The Protocols will emerge in one form or another.

The myths in this movie have been debunked many times over by people much smarter than myself and I encourage people like Leif to do a bit of research before promoting this as "the most important movie you'll ever see".

Sadly, there are others who's beliefs are so deep-rooted and ingrained that no amount of logic or proof will suffice.
Some people, after all, still believe the world is 6000 years old.

ReinMan

Post Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:05 am   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
ScionShade wrote:

Regretfully, I just watched this movie in its entirety.

For those who haven't seen it, and for those who may not understand the true roots of this film, it's yet another rehashing of a century-old myth called The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

In a nutshell, the Protocols exposes a secret order of "elders" who aim to control the world through finance and media.

Of course, we all know who this refers to, and it's no surprise that, as Scion points out, most info in support of this belief will be found on anti-semitic hate group websites.

When a scapegoat is required - be it for a recession in Malaysia, the bombing of the World Trade Center, or personal tax problems - The Protocols will emerge in one form or another.

The myths in this movie have been debunked many times over by people much smarter than myself and I encourage people like Leif to do a bit of research before promoting this as "the most important movie you'll ever see".

Sadly, there are others who's beliefs are so deep-rooted and ingrained that no amount of logic or proof will suffice.
Some people, after all, still believe the world is 6000 years old.

With respect, Mr. Cop, are you saying that NOTHING in this movie has merrit? Not even the sub-text of NOT ACCEPTING BLINDLY whatever we are told (including this particular film as well)? I know I ain't that edukated, but i didn't think I waz that stoopid! Razz (I'll just shut ma trap now and go on back to putting dinosaurs into subway stations an' stuff....)

ScionShade

Post Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:38 am   Reply with quote         

From what Badcop says, I think i may have missed parts--I did have a problem keeping it running.
The whole "Zion" thing this always seems to come down to
is not included in anything I know or have learned--the second I hear it I always turn a deaf ear to it. I do know that using the web for research almost consistently leads to it.
I have never found a debunking of what went on with the federal reserve and tax law that held water.

Post Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:14 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:

With respect, Mr. Cop, are you saying that NOTHING in this movie has merrit? Not even the sub-text of NOT ACCEPTING BLINDLY whatever we are told (including this particular film as well)? I know I ain't that edukated, but i didn't think I waz that stoopid! Razz (I'll just shut ma trap now and go on back to putting dinosaurs into subway stations an' stuff....)

The notion of not accepting blindly what "the man" feeds you is not really an underlying thesis here - it's just a sentiment that's repeated in every single conspiracy theory.
("Don't trust the media...here's the actual truth...".)

The "truth" that this movie wants you to believe is that a secret cabal controls the media, the money, and ultimately the world.

The filmmaker has succeeded in creating a slick, mainstream-friendly movie with a pretty cool soundtrack but please wiki "protocols of the elders of zion" to understand where this movie is truly coming from.

supak0ma

Post Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:26 am   Reply with quote         

i don't recall a reference to jews in the film, would you point me to it? What secret cabal? The men and families behind the financial crashes are well mentioned. And please, ppl, stop mentioning WIKI as a reliable source for information, it is NOT.

ScionShade

Post Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:28 am   Reply with quote         

I see no reason why it 'HAS" to be linked to Zionism, and
secondly.......trust wiki?
The parts of 3 I did see, assuming I missed something referred to verifiable historical events.

rashdog
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:00 am   Reply with quote         

Ok, not that Wikipedia is the most well respected source of information out there, but I found the 911 conspiracy page on it to be of interest. May help give a fuller picture to some of the points raised in the film (obviously to the second part in particular).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_conspiracy_theories

*edit*

doh! Sorry for bringing up wiki as a source...was skimming comments, didn't notice it the first time. Ok. In any case, I found the last paragraph in the wiki article interesting:

Quote:
From the same Time Magazine article referenced previously, "There are psychological explanations for why conspiracy theories are so seductive. Academics who study them argue that they meet a basic human need: to have the magnitude of any given effect be balanced by the magnitude of the cause behind it. A world in which tiny causes can have huge consequences feels scary and unreliable. Therefore a grand disaster like Sept. 11 needs a grand conspiracy behind it. 'We tend to associate major events — a President or princess dying — with major causes,' says Patrick Leman, a lecturer in psychology at Royal Holloway University of London, who has conducted studies on conspiracy belief. 'If we think big events like a President being assassinated can happen at the hands of a minor individual, that points to the unpredictability and randomness of life and unsettles us.' In that sense, the idea that there is a malevolent controlling force orchestrating global events is, in a perverse way, comforting."[239]

ok....I'll step back into the shadows now and let you guys fight about the Matrix some more.
Smile

ScionShade

Post Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:48 am   Reply with quote         

I would like to stress that what theorist put together through "speculation" , 'fantasy' and "assumption" should not relegate
the "facts" involved to also be considered fantastic.
I think it is a shame to jade people to the actual facts ..
because although none of us, nor the theorists have all the answers,
NOR a viable "full story" since there is so much we do not know,
I think it a shame to even TRY to make a full story without the facts when
the facts themselves are as interesting at LEAST as much as these slapped together films and diatribes.
Facts: http://www.madcowprod.com/
I am biased towards this author becuse he lives here in town and
much of what he writes and MORE I know first hand.

bneises

Post Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:24 am   Reply with quote         

I'm still only halfway through the film, I am still forming my own opinions on it. I did, however, want to defend wikipedia.
Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information, but it is a reliable source to find references to reliable information. don't read wikipedia as truth look into the references that are listed at the bottom.

cafn8d

Post Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:32 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
I would like to stress that what theorist put together through "speculation" , 'fantasy' and "assumption" should not relegate the "facts" involved to also be considered fantastic. I think it is a shame to jade people to the actual facts .. because although none of us, nor the theorists have all the answers, NOR a viable "full story" since there is so much we do not know, I think it a shame to even TRY to make a full story without the facts when the facts themselves are as interesting at LEAST as much as these slapped together films and diatribes.

Well put... it's an age-old conundrum, this meeting of theories, each with its own degrees of plausibility based on certain and various pieces of evidence. Part of the difficulty in reaching a consensus that any one theory is "right" (even "fact") over other theories is the disagreement over the credibility of each and every one of the sources, including mainstream media, the U.S. Government, and independent "reporters" (give or take quotation marks as your own opinion sees fit).

What makes one source and its theory (= interpretation of evidence) more believable than another? This, again, is the most important point that I myself found in the Zeitgeist movie. Be skeptical. Don't take for granted the beliefs you may already hold. Seek out and pay attention to evidence, and separate it from any interpretations that have been offered to you. Interpret the evidence for yourselves. It's possible you may feel "enlightened" by a change of mind, but the exercise may even strengthen the beliefs you already had.

Am I saying "let's agree to disagree"? NO! As Scion said, "...none of us, nor the theorists have all the answers, NOR a viable "full story" since there is so much we do not know..." Let's keep the debate alive, sharing pieces of evidence, questioning where they fit in, sharing our own theories while being open to other possibilities. Questioning together, we may gather enough facts to eventually journey closer to a unified answer.

I am reminded of (particularly the first 8 stanzas of) John Godfrey Saxe's (1816-1887) version of the famous Indian legend, "The Blind Men and the Elephant" (cut and pasted from one of myriad web sites found through Google):

It was six men of Indostan,
To learning much inclined,
Who went to see the Elephant
(Though all of them were blind),
That each by observation
Might satisfy his mind.

The First approach'd the Elephant,
And happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side,
At once began to bawl:
"God bless me! but the Elephant
Is very like a wall!"

The Second, feeling of the tusk,
Cried, -"Ho! what have we here
So very round and smooth and sharp?
To me 'tis mighty clear,
This wonder of an Elephant
Is very like a spear!"

The Third approach'd the animal,
And happening to take
The squirming trunk within his hands,
Thus boldly up and spake:
"I see," -quoth he- "the Elephant
Is very like a snake!"

The Fourth reached out an eager hand,
And felt about the knee:
"What most this wondrous beast is like
Is mighty plain," -quoth he,-
"'Tis clear enough the Elephant
Is very like a tree!"

The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,
Said- "E'en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;
Deny the fact who can,
This marvel of an Elephant
Is very like a fan!"

The Sixth no sooner had begun
About the beast to grope,
Then, seizing on the swinging tail
That fell within his scope,
"I see," -quoth he,- "the Elephant
Is very like a rope!"

And so these men of Indostan
Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,
And all were in the wrong!

MORAL,

So, oft in theologic wars
The disputants, I ween,
Rail on in utter ignorance
Of what each other mean;
And prate about an Elephant
Not one of them has seen!

Post Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:07 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
i don't recall a reference to jews in the film, would you point me to it? What secret cabal? The men and families behind the financial crashes are well mentioned. And please, ppl, stop mentioning WIKI as a reliable source for information, it is NOT.

Though most people understand what is implied when someone states that a small group of people control the banks and media, you are correct that there are no overt references in this film.

My intent here was simply to point out the origins of the belief system. It's a very old concept that was simply updated with a 9/11 chapter.

As for your question, "what secret cabal?", the film states the words, "the men behind the curtain", who meet at a secret island location and use code names to ensure their identities remain hidden. What more do you need in a secret cabal?.

I understand your distrust of Wikipedia so feel free to look up the Protocols at the library or your local extremist mosque. Whatever.
While you're at it, read up on the Federal Reserve.

If, after you've done this, you still believe that the world is controlled by a few evil men who are planning to implant all citizens with microchips...
If you believe that these few evil men willed thousands of Americans to orchestrate the 9/11 attacks on their own people (from the demolition experts to the Pentagon cover-up staff to the Bin Laden look-a-like)...if you believe that these evil men convinced Europeans to set off bombs in their own train stations, then there's nothing I can do to sway your opinion.
Your willingness to believe is stronger than any proof that's out there.

ScionShade

Post Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:20 pm   Reply with quote         

I do not believe Illuminati have anything to do with Zionisn. I think we are talking two different concepts here. I have never looked into it, but would be personally surprised if the Rockefellers,Clintons,Bush etc. were all Jewish.
and the chip thing? It's already the law in US and Britain.
We're all gonna be carrying a chip in a card--within a year or so-
it's totally voluntary BUT

--without it --you are not allowed to fly, train, cross borders, open a bank account, trespass on gov't property ..like libraries,state colleges,parks...sheesh,they own a lotta beaches........it was gonna go under the skin, but for all the resistance against that idea in both countrys. BUT now the argument is, since we can't go or do anything without it anyway....and you're an innocent person with nothing to fear who doesn't mind that your card is constantly tracked by gps...then the only reason you'd have a problem with something the size of a grain of sand is only cause you are up to something no good. It's not a LEAP to implanted tracking and identification, it's just a matter of a little grease and public opinion. The chip is a done deal--implants are just a semantic, not a paranoid fantasy at all.
Just how hard a pill will it be to swallow getting a grain of sand
injected into your skin once you're all used to being required to carry that card everywhere just to live anyway--the implant will be a convenience.....unless yer a dirty sneaky sneak sneak.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - zeitgeist movie - Reply to topic