Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - How to remove speckles before printing - Reply to topic

markd2990

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:44 am   Reply with quote         

I scan an illustration in, make necessary changes and then paste into my document. When I print this off, I have little specs, or halo's around the edges of my object. I make sure that I'm on a totally white surface when I start, and the illustration is clean when I scan it in.

How can I remove these specs before pasting and printing? Thanks for your help, it is GREATLY appreciated! Question

splodge

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:03 am   Reply with quote         

if it's only for printing and not a web site, scan at highest resolution, save at highest resolution, try saving as .png file

Hallcross Toots
sage

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:26 am   Reply with quote         

If you're scanning using a flat bed, make sure the glass is completely dust-free. Once you have the digital file, zoom in like crazy and, using a soft edged eraser, erase the outside of the lines (where you see the halo).

I usually get scans done by professionally (using a drum scanner), but, depending on your job, this may be more costly. If you are getting your piece printed via press (offset), you should scan your image at 2 times the printer's line screen.

In any case, to make sure my backgrounds are perfectly white, I usually remove everything that is not the illustration, then place the illustration on a completely white (or whatever colour) background layer in PS.

Sometimes, when you are printing off a laser printer and have high colour density, you will get a halo effect around the edges. This is due to the printer's being unable to register each colour perfectly. If the halo only appears on your print, and not your digital file, it will be ok when you get it printed professionally.

Hope this helps Confused

splodge

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:39 pm   Reply with quote         

sounded like .jpeg archiving/shadow to me, but if you want to get all technical about it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Rolling Eyes

Hallcross Toots
sage

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Ha! I was bored at work... besides no one reads more than half a paragraph anyway Very Happy

markd2990

Post Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:42 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the replies so far. Although I understand what steps you're trying to point out, I'm wondering if there should be an easier and more accurate way by doing something with a different layer and then merging or by inverting the image and then doing "something"?

Thanks again for your help, it is GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - How to remove speckles before printing - Reply to topic