Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - SQUARE hits the magazine stands ONCE AGAIN!!!! - Reply to topic

Cambria

Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:03 am   Reply with quote         

What started out as a guest stint as a judge in our Scavenger Hunt IV seems to have made Square a celebrity!! In looking at her website, I am truly impressed with her many talents! I have always wanted to learn to knit... perhaps she can do a PSC tutorial on how to knit.

Thanks to Square & her website, I now have a recipe for making Microwave popcorn!
And let me tell you.... follow her recipe.. because it's GOOD! I'm sure that is what led to her latest cover on Fine Cooking.

(Available at your local newsstand now)

What next, Square???
Bow Bow Bow Bow

splodge

Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:51 am   Reply with quote         

our very own spice girl

Hallcross Toots

Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:15 am   Reply with quote         

Who can argue with having Constant Comment tea as part of a complete breakfast? Certainly not I.

nancers 04/05 @ 10:40 pm
I like beefhead. He's such a noob. Guide him someone, please?

nancers 04/06 @ 08:41 pm
Because you don't count beef. JMH decided that when you were a noob.

PooDeFuego 06/23 @ 03:32 pm
BEEF YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!
cafn8d

Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         

WOW! I just made the peanut butter and chocolate granola squares following Square's recipe...it was incredibly easy! And GOLLY! do they taste great! Have one, and you'll agree, they "taste like more!" I nearly finished the whole pan with my coffee this morning. Embarassed But it's (sorta) okay, because, following Square's recipe, these peanut butter and chocolae granola squares are surprisingly low in fat, calories, and sugar, and chock full of vitamins and minerals. There is a side-bar to the recipe that says Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Slim Fast, and Pria are in a biddng war to buy the exclusive rights to market Square's Peanut Butter and Chocolate Granola Squares as meal replacement bars! (I doubt they'd list the serving size as including the an entire pan, though! *urp* Embarassed Mr. Green)

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

lol you funny people

cafn8d

Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Ooo! Did you see the Filet Mingnon à là Square recipe? It calls for "YerPalAl's Saucy Hollindaise In New York" sauce. It's on page 27. I know what WE'RE having for dinner tonight!!!

Square

Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Cambria wrote:

Thanks to Square & her website, I now have a recipe for making Microwave popcorn!
And let me tell you.... follow her recipe.. because it's GOOD! I'm sure that is what led to her latest cover on Fine Cooking[u].

HAHAHA!!! That's some PSC old school for ya right there Very Happy

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/
Cambria

Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Have you had a chance to check out Square's website? It's hard to imagine that she does all that she does! And it appears that she does it ALL well. Don't take MY word for it.... go see for youself!

http://members.lycos.co.uk/square772/

Not only do her talents exist in photography & photochop, but she knits, she crochets, she quilts, she macrames, she constructs heirloom wreaths, she cooks things from scratch, AND (and this is a BIG and) she can assemble kids toys with 8,304 pieces like NOBODY'S business (with only a few brews & minimal cursing). Did I mention she's a mom too? Enough said! Mom's can do pretty much anything!

It's no wonder that her crafting talents have not gone unnoticed. Yet ANOTHER magazine cover has hit the stands!!! Looking GOOD Square! I must admit, it's a bit distressing she's hanging out wth ex-con's now... but I'm sure Square will be a good influence on Martha!

STRANGE BREW IS IN AWE OF YOU

Bow Bow Bow Bow

sage

Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing

You guys should be Canadians! Razz

cafn8d

Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Look! Excitng, but no surprise here! Square's recent winnig counted cross-stitch masterpiece "Friendly Horse" is the centerpiece for a feature article about the prestigious New York State Counted Cross-Stitch Championships in the new Marth Stewart Living! Included with the article is an interview with Square about her inspiration for the design along with instructions on how to recreate the "Friendly Horse" using a burlap sack and dental floss! Amazing!

Cambria

Post Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:06 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm afraid they'd just deport us, Sage... but that's sweet!

Strange Brew IS thinking of visiting your country... for your Strange Brews are RENOWNED!!! Molson, Labatts, Unibroue, the Sleemans brews in B.C., Big Rock brews in Calgary and dozens of your micro brewerys. We just might have to make our Square Tour include a detour up to the North!

*Hoists a brew with Sage*

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - SQUARE hits the magazine stands ONCE AGAIN!!!! - Reply to topic