Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Sans Fizz==> no zing - flat, lifeless - ho hum ETC. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

blue_lurker

Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:39 am   Reply with quote         

Cheese and vegemite sandwich...mmmm...love it

ReinMan

Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:35 am   Reply with quote         

Oh Great Lurker, whom is BLUE: I challenge thee to write one paragraph (at least 100 words) on

THE GLORY THAT IS VEGEMITE!

Dare ya to do it! DOUBLE DARE ya!

blue_lurker

Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:51 am   Reply with quote         

And what prey tell oh great man of Rein will you do in return if I accept this quest you set for me. The hand of your daugther, the treasures of your kingdom, such a quest into the world of eatable spreads should be rewarded.

ReinMan

Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:55 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
And what prey tell oh great man of Rein will you do in return if I accept this quest you set for me. The hand of your daugther, the treasures of your kingdom, such a quest into the world of eatable spreads should be rewarded.

Shocked You SILLY blue ZOMBIE-MAN!!!!!! You gain only the Deep Pride of FACING my CHALLENGE! You kids today! Zeeesh!

When I was your age and I was issued a challenge by the leader of the threads I would get down on my lousy stinking KNEES and offer DEEP SOULFULL THANKS that I had even been NOTICED!

Now - are ya gonna do it or am I gonna have to call you a POOFTA publically and then spank you with a rubber chicken!?? The choice is yours!

blue_lurker

Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:03 am   Reply with quote         

Geez dont have a cow, just askin. Yeah why the hell not Reinmaster I accept. (But the rubber chickin thing sounds cool)

blue_lurker

Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Vegemite Spread Of the God’s
Or
Or Just another Marmite

WHAT IS IT?

Most people here first herd about Vegemite in the popular “Men at Work” Song “Down Under”:

[iBuying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich
And he said,

"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."][/i]

When a Man from Brussels handed Colin Hay a vegemite sandwich, but what is it, what does it do and what’s in it. Is it some strange mixture of vegetables and mites, or some one named Veggie’s sandwich that has been given away, or is it a secret societies top secret weapon to take over the world?

Vegemite is considered as much a part of Australia's heritage as kangaroos and the Holden cars, going to the beach or fighting a croc in the backyard pool. It is actually an Australian obsession that has become a unique and loved symbol of the Australian childhood and carries on into adulthood. A Vegemite sandwich to an Australian child is the equivalent of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to an American child. The difference is the taste and believe me it’s a big difference.

It is made from leftover brewers' yeast extract (a by-product of beer manufacture, and ya know we love our beer) and various vegetable and spice additives. The recipe is some what like KFC, its contents are shrouded in secret and only a handful of Mite Monks, (those of the blessed yellow jar); know the secret spice and herbs. It is very dark reddish-brown, almost black, in color, and one of the richest sources of Vitamin B. It's thick like peanut butter, it's very salty, and it tastes like, like, well let’s say it’s unique in its taste.

Australian children are brought up on Vegemite from the time they're babies, to young adults to the aged and infirmed. Australians travel all over the world with at least one small jar of Vegemite in their luggage, for fear that they will not be able to find it, and also to have a little taste of home when we feel home sick.

A LITTLE HISTORY:

Vegemite dates back to 1922 when the Fred Walker Company, which became Kraft Walker Foods in 1926 and Kraft Foods Limited in 1950, hired a young chemist to develop a spread from one of the richest known natural sources of the vitamin B group - Brewers Yeast. Following months of laboratory tests, Dr. Cyril P Callister, who became the nation’s leading food technologist of the 1920s and 30s developed a tasty spreadable paste.

In an imaginative approach, Walker turned to the Australian public to officially name his spread. He conducted a national trade-name competition offering an attractive 50 pound prize pool for the finalists. How the 50 pounds was distributed or who was the winning contestant has unfortunately been lost in history, but it was Walker's daughter who chose the winning name out of the hundreds of entries.
That winning name was Vegemite and in 1923 Vegemite first graced grocers' shelves. It was described as "Delicious on sandwiches and toast, and improves the flavour of soups, stews and gravies"

VEGEMITE FACTS:

1. Ever since World War ll Australian troops have depended on Vegemite for a taste of home. In World War II, soldiers, sailors, and the civilian population of Australia all had Vegemite included in their rations. Soldiers’ Vegemite came in three sizes: seven-pound tins for the platoon, eight-ounce tins for soldiers on the go, and half-ounce rations for behind enemy lines. This war-time demand meant that civilian were limited. Hence, advertisements were run to explain the situation.

2. In 1939 Vegemite received endorsement from the British Medical Association which allowed doctors to recommend it as a Vitamin B-rich, nutritionally balanced food for patients.

3. These days you'll find jars and tubes of Vegemite with Aussie backpackers and travelers the world over.

4. Vegemite is responsible for giving us a second national song - the "Happy Little Vegemites" jingle and it continues to put a rose in every patriotic cheek.

The Happy Little Vegemite Song
We are happy little Vegemites as bright as bright can be,
We all enjoy our Vegemite for breakfast, lunch and tea,
Our mummy says we're growing stronger every single week,
Because we love our Vegemite,
We all adore our Vegemite,
It puts a rose in every cheek!

5. Some Aussie men believe that Vegemite puts more than a rose in every cheek, and has been linked to great sexual prowess.

6. 22.7 million jars of Vegemite are manufactured in Australia every year - that's 235 jars per minute.

7. 30 jars are sold in Australia for every one exported.

8. Vegemite is in nine out of ten pantries in Australia.

9. It strongly resists water and provides superior protection against rust and corrosion.

10. It tastes great...NOW.

Well 5that needs to be explained, Vegemite was a big part in my life as a kid growing up. I hated the stuff my father disowned me and my mother never recognized me in public, (at home she was kind but I knew she was very disappointed with me). My brother was a vegemite kid and he was always used as an example of what I should be like.

“Look at your brother mate, he likes football, he likes Holdens, damn son he likes playing football in the Holden, and he likes vegemite…why oh why can’t you be more like him”, my father would cry, in a very manly sort of way.

I joined the navy at the tender age of 15 years 9 months, and soon realised that vegemite would become a greater part of my life. It was used for everything, shinning boots, camouflage makeup, breakfast lunch and tea. Still I could not stand the taste. It was not until my 16th birthday that I finally acquired the taste of vegemite. My then girlfriend of 2 years gave me a special birthday present, and with a little dab of vegemite and a special invitation I finally became a true dinkum Aussie male, and learned why vegemite was good for me...

Well that’s it over 1072, words and I hope you will take the time to try a little bit of Aussie Flavour.

Blue.

ReinMan

Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Good Man!

You've spared yourself the SHAME of PUNISHMENT!

Very Happy

sage

Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Cool

ya goofs!

Actually, I can't believe I read the whole thing! Kind of reminds me of the list of 100 things you can do with Coca Cola, besides drinking it and using it to clean your toilet bowl!

YerPalAl

Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

. . . . . you can DRINK it!?!?!? Shocked

blue_lurker

Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I cant beleive I spent 45 minutes writting the damn thing, not to mention research time but then Im at work so Im being payed to do it... Laughing

sage

Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
. . . . . you can DRINK it!?!?!? Shocked

scary, isn't it!

ReinMan

Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Blue Glurker wrote:
My then girlfriend of 2 years gave me a special birthday present, and with a little dab of vegemite and a special invitation I finally became a true dinkum Aussie male, and learned why vegemite was good for me...

YIKES! you mentioned a SPECIAL gift from your girlfriend AND "dinkum" in the same sentence! I'm blushing! Embarassed (see?)

I wonder what happens if you mix Coca-cola AND Vegemite together? SOme form of high-explosive I suspect! But if you add in some CHEESE I'm sure you'll get an edible mixture that won't blow the doors of your cottage. (but don't stand downwind if you know what's good for you!) Shocked [/quote]

sage

Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:23 pm   Reply with quote         

coke, vegemite and cheese! just add a couple of corn nibblets and it could be the best thing since poutine!

blue_lurker

Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

"VEGECOLA"

BRB just checking the patents office...

Damn to late.

ReinMan

Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:31 pm   Reply with quote         

sage wrote:
coke, vegemite and cheese! just add a couple of corn nibblets and it could be the best thing since poutine!

Now I'm NOT trying to be gross here, merely scientiific... but IMAGINE the POO you would have the next day! Shocked Shocked Shocked

(Please : no images required Confused )

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Sans Fizz==> no zing - flat, lifeless - ho hum ETC. - Reply to topic