Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - FRUSTRATED at restrictions that are in place for newbies! :( - Reply to topic

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:12 am   Reply with quote         

So I have just signed up and entered my first 2 contests.

Just feel rather deflated and frustrated for these 2 reasons.....Firstly, I have received a couple of votes from more well-established members and I'd just like to drop them a message to say thanks, but I can't!!! Secondly, I'd like to be able to vote for other entries too, but I cant!!!

For sure, I can understand that certain measures and restrictions need to be put in place for newbies so as to deter rogue accounts being created as well as spamming, but really, is this not a little bit TOO much of a defensive stance with regards newbie restrictions, or what???

regards,
Robbyh1001

ShootHerman

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:15 am   Reply with quote         

Hi

You need to post 10 images before you can vote on other images.
Welcome.Wink

SH

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:37 am   Reply with quote         

...and click the red "Inbox" up in the right corner on your screen when you are logged in.
I have sent you a pm.

SH

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:08 pm   Reply with quote         

ShootHerman wrote:
...and click the red "Inbox" up in the right corner on your screen when you are logged in.
I have sent you a pm.

SH

Thanks you for your assistance, my friend! Yes, I don't think it'll be too long before my features become unlocked as I am quickly thinking of entries to make in some of the comps. I was probably a little too quick to vent my frustrations. I can now see why these restrictions have to be in place when the comps rely on vote numbers in order to pick winners.
Thank you for the PM, look forward to seeing you around the site!

Regards
Robby Very Happy

YerPalAl

Post Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:56 am   Reply with quote         

Robby, the other issue you have is votes. One of the problems is late posting of entries. Many people here tend to vote early and if you are posting an entry late on the second day or on the third day the voting is essentially over by then. Try to get your entries in as early as possible.

Post Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:10 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Robby, the other issue you have is votes. One of the problems is late posting of entries. Many people here tend to vote early and if you are posting an entry late on the second day or on the third day the voting is essentially over by then. Try to get your entries in as early as possible.

Yes, since making my last post here I have familiarized myself with certain site conditions and rules and am in total agreement with what you are saying and advising. I don't expect to win any competitions. My technical skills, know-how and abilities are miles behind virtually all other folk here! But that's ok...I enjoy all this and the main eye-opener for me since joining is seeing the stunning array of breathtaking images that portrays skills and abilities of lateral thinking beyond belief!

Thanks for you advice! Smile

Post Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:16 am   Reply with quote         

Hi BSmatic (couldn't quote you for some reason....more restrictions! lol)

Well, I a assuming that you are not taking a dig at me personally and that possibly your experience of newbies' on this forums has been tainted prior to me joining?
Well anyway, JFYI, I have just completed my 9th entry so one more to go before I can vote and comment on others' work and I can't wait! Smile

Post Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:50 am   Reply with quote         

robbyh1001 wrote:

Well, I a assuming that you are not taking a dig at me personally

Absolutely not!
robbyh1001 wrote:

and that possibly your experience of newbies' on this forums has been tainted prior to me joining?

Yes but more like the old guys on the balcony in muppet show, but without any sense of humor...you'll learn to ignore it (me) in time. This was my previous statement about newbies here:

robbyh1001 wrote:

Well anyway, JFYI, I have just completed my 9th entry so one more to go before I can vote and comment on others' work and I can't wait! Smile

This place needs more fresh blood now than ever. Old folks got inactive, depressive yet unable to leave (it's like small town without children) so it's up to you and other newcomers to make it great again (and believe me it was). All we can do at least is to welcome you.
so welcome and have fun! (it's mandatory) Laughing

TheShaman

Post Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:57 am   Reply with quote         

welcome Robby.

what the others said and such.

also, don't be frustrated by the lack of votes. it happens, esp with the site being a bit slow.
During prize contests (tuesday) those have even less votes since there's money involved.

Post Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:12 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome, and don't get dispared when you are left out in the votes. You almost have enough entries to cast your own, that will make you friends soon enough... Laughing

... bla bla bla bla bla bla ...

hmm, sorry, I am one of the old galls here, getting longwinded and frustrated for having only a small handheld tablet to access the site these days. Lost internet on the old computer... another problem many people seem to have here.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - FRUSTRATED at restrictions that are in place for newbies! :( - Reply to topic