Ok children. Let me tell you a story. A long, long time ago, there was a contest where a user seemingly printed out the source image several times, clipped the copies to a line, photographed it, and then claimed it was pure chopping ability.
To 'prove' his claim, he created this tutorial:
I'm no rocket scientist, but he did not manage to hoodwink me as he did several other choppers.
Take time to examine his entry and see what I am talking about.
1. He offers no psd file to back up his claim.
2. His tutorial final comes nowhere near the 'deftly executed' entry.
3. The reference to the clips as a source is laughable.
4. Duh on the bg- he just took another pic of his blank wall with the blue green wallpaper.
5. He's a photographer, yet claims he sold his only camera the week of the contest.
6. This photographer who just sold his digital camera also claims not to own a color printer.
Thou do'st protest to much.
7. A photographer WOULD own clips and line to hang pics to dry.
Pay very close attention to the shadows on the clips, and the slight creases they cause on the paper, as well as the warping (moguls) on the surface where the ink coverage is high. (oh, i'm sure he thought of that when chopping it, right)
How did he also change the lighting on every clip to match and show the surfaces of the clips from the sides that aren't visible in the 'outside source'? (oh, yeah, he chopped them - lol)
Also, take a look at the body of his work for comparison sake.
I am only posting this because the spirit of the tutorial isn't in keeping with REAL tutorials like ReyRey's and really should be removed.
Anyone have thoughts on this or care to dispute my obsevations?