Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - This is strange - Reply to topic

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Over the last few weeks, a few e-mails from Naiko, (AKA) Micose, or at least they look like they are coming from him, but he does not respond and the e-mails are directing me to a Chinese scam site that offers cheap shit, only they don't deliver the shit if you know what I mean, anyway, has anyone else received one of these e-mails? And where is Naiko, I have sent him more than a few replies and nothing, is he OK?

This does not sound like Naiko...

Surprise Unlimited:
Friends,
I recently found a very good site.It can offer you so many kinds of eleconic products which you may be in need,such as laptops,
(gps, TV, cell ph
ones, ps, MP3/4, )motorcycles even several kinds of musical insuments and etc..
¡ðhttp://tinyurl.com/2cfdjd5¡ð

Rolling Eyes Confused

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:36 pm   Reply with quote         

while were on the subject of scams, I've been getting a slew of these lately, anyone else?

Robert Kojo
Manager,
International Commercial Bank,
Kaneshie Branch, Accra-Ghana.
Email: rbtkojo.icb31@yahoo.es
Date: 7th Jan,2011

Sir,

You may be surprised to receive this offer since we have no previous communications. I write to solicit your assistance in a funds transfer deal involving US$10.5M.
This fund accrued as undeclared profit made last year by this branch of the International Commercial Bank which I head.

My head office here in Accra-Ghana has already approved my Management Profitability Report for the year 2009/10 which further secures this fund.

This amount of US$ 10,500,000.00 currently floats on a Non-Investment Account without a beneficiary.
Upon your response, I will configure your name on the database of the entire International Commercial Bank as holder of the Non-Investment Account housing the funds. I will then guide you on how to apply to my head office for the Account Closure/ bank-to-bank remittance of the funds to your designated bank account.

If you concur with this proposal, I intend for you to retain 40% of the funds while 60% shall be for me.

Sincerely,

Robert Kojo

Greetings in the name of the lord.

A letter from me to you.Mrs.Deborah Hutchinson, 69yrs old from Switzerland. You might be wondering where I got your contacts from but I have really taken my time in searching thoroughly. You came into my mind has the lord has directed me to and am willing to do so. I have noticed that you are God fearing, courageous, fulfilling and ambitious in life. I want you to know that you have been the chosen one and please, try and do my will because each of my words or statements must not go unfulfilled reaching the unprivileged,orphanages and the needy as you are blessed.

Dear Beloved One, I am the above named person but now undergoing medical treatment in Western Africa. I am married to Mr. Williams Dale Hutchinson, who worked as a world contractor for over a decade before he died. We were married for fifteen years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for two weeks. Before his death he made a vow to use his wealth for the down troddenand the less privileged in the society. Since his death I decided not to re-marry or get a child outside my matrimonial home. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of ($12,000,000.00 millions us dollars) with a Vault with a bank in Western Africa. Presently, this money is still there.

Recently, my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next three months due to cancer problem. Though what disturbs me most is my stroke. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to an individual or better still a God fearing person who will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct here in. I want an individual that will use this to fund and provide succor I understand that blessed is the hand that giveth. I took this decision because I do not have any child and relatives.

I do not want my husband's hard earned money to be misused or spent in the manner in which my late husband did not specify. I do not want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly manner,hence the reason for taking this bold decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going.

I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Almighty. With God all things are possible. My happiness is that I lived a life worthy of emulation. Whosoever that wants to serve the Almighty must serve him with all his heart and mind and soul and also in truth. Please always be prayerful all through your life.

Please assure me that you will act according to my specification herein. Lastly i want you to also reply me with some vital information of yours such as:

Full Name:
State and Zip Code:
sex:
phone number:
occupation etc......

Hoping to hear from you.
Thank you and May the Almighty bless you.
Yours sincerely,
Mrs. Deborah Hutchinson

Tesore

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:42 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't no why, but I like him!
elephant

All the rest is spam, but you know that Wink

Paul Von Stetina

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I just got another one from Naiko's e-mail address...WTF Confused

This is a big wholesale company in china, sell eleconic products to all the world,such as laptop, camera, phone and so on. We can offer the low price and high quality to you. If you have free
time, please take a few to visit our official website: ¡Ñhttp://tinyurl.com/2cfdjd5¡ø
Then any questions, please contact us freely.
Temporary use your e-mail, I am sorry

Synthvet

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
I just got another one from Naiko's e-mail address...WTF Confused

This is a big wholesale company in china, sell eleconic products to all the world,such as laptop, camera, phone and so on. We can offer the low price and high quality to you. If you have free
time, please take a few to visit our official website: ¡Ñhttp://tinyurl.com/2cfdjd5¡ø
Then any questions, please contact us freely.
Temporary use your e-mail, I am sorry

so just buy something......maybe it'll shut them up........ Laughing Laughing Laughing

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Someone really enjoys spoofing Naiko's email addy. Or PVS has a hellacious trojan on his machine.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:25 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Someone really enjoys spoofing Naiko's email addy. Or PVS has a hellacious trojan on his machine.

Shocked don't say that shit... its funny now that you mention it, this thing has been outside for a few weeks too.

glennhanna

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:45 pm   Reply with quote         

I woke up this morning to see a new voicemail waiting for me on my cell phone. I had been sound asleep... I'm glad I didn't answer.

The first part of the message was cut off... it must have started the message while my "Please Leave a message" was playing.

It was a female recorded voice that said something along the lines of "debit card has been deactivated. To transfer to a security advisor, press 1".

My first thought was, "oh crap, somebody has been trying to use my credit card or debit card. My bank must have suspected criminal activity on my accounts"

I was in a panic, and was supposed to get ready for work but I went online and checked my bank account to see if any money was gone but didn't see any unauthorized purchases. This was when I suspected the voicemail to be some kind of scam. I then googled robocalls and debit cards online and found that this is a method scam artists use to trick you into keying in your credit card number after you press "1".

Don't press "1". Call your bank directly. Never give out your card number to an incoming call.

The call came at 12:04 AM with a caller ID of "4077"

I used both my debit card and credit card today with no problems.

bigbuck

Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:36 am   Reply with quote         

Are they from his gmail account Paul? Might be a facebook connection if they are?
Also Nico has had a few virus probs in the past as I recall...
I was getting a few similar spammy ones from a girl I know on facebook @hotmail.com. When i contacted her she said she didn't have a hotmail account?

annajon

Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:41 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
Are they from his gmail account Paul? Might be a facebook connection if they are?
I was getting a few similar spammy ones from a girl I know on facebook @hotmail.com. When i contacted her she said she didn't have a hotmail account?

That could be the case. There is a spam bot working that even calls itself facebook. But those emails are just a little different so I can spot them in the list. And... Those spam emails don't show up on facebook, only the ones that are real show up there, so never open them in your email account, just go to facebook to check first.

Anna

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:26 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:

nicolastcherno@yahoo.fr this is the address they are coming from

one more, tis the season...

Hello Friend,

I have a vital information about an unclaimed form($16.4m)which belong to my late client under my costudy,get back to me if interested in this transaction with your Full Names,contact address,direct phone numbers and country as i shall provide to you all necessary claim documents of this fund.

NOTE:This transaction is %100 risk free and it will cost you nothing,only your trust.

Thanks for your anticipated co-operation,as i await your urgent reply,to enable me proceed.

YOURS SINCERELY,
Barrister Owen Smile (ESQ)

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - This is strange - Reply to topic