Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - One less bad guy on the streets - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ReyRey

Post Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Here is an update to this story that I posted some time ago.
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=14211
And part two. http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=282951
LITCHFIELD — A former Watertown church choir director and Sunday school teacher in Thomaston today plead guilty to charges that he sexually assaulted a 15-year-old boy.

David Stanco met the boy while teaching a religious education class at St. Thomas Church in Thomaston. The boy came forward after another man, Rey Michaud, 42, of Plymouth, who says he was assaulted repeatedly by Stanco while a boy in Watertown, started a search for other victims.

Stanco pleaded guilty to one count of second-degree sexual assault and one count of risk of injury to a minor. He faces between five and eight years in prison when he is sentenced Feb. 10.

YerPalAl

Post Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Too bad the sentence is so light.

ReyRey

Post Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:22 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Too bad the sentence is so light.

I'm doing a couple interviews to see if we can get more victims to come forward.
Now that he pled guilty, maybe more will find the courage to speak up. At least I hope so.

glennhanna

Post Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:33 pm   Reply with quote         

This man has proven time and time and time again that he is a threat to the community. We're talking decades of terrible crimes with multiple victims. This man should not be allowed to be free again. I do not agree with the limited jail time he will be sentenced to, but at least he has lost the comfort, power, and community status that fostered his ability to meet new victims. This isn't complete justice, but you have now protected others from going through this nightmare. I hope you can also sue the bastard for all the money he holds, for all the psychological torment he put on the victims. You done good, Rey!

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Saw this on your FB post. Well done Rey.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:33 am   Reply with quote         

I say shoot the dirty fucker repeatedly square in the face until nothing is left.

Or better still, smash his genitals with a meat hammer and torture the fucker, make it last hours, days, months. Make the bastard suffer so hard.

5 - 8 years... bloody ridiculous, these twisted freaks should be culled. Evil or Very Mad

supak0ma

Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:27 am   Reply with quote         

don't worry, the motherfucker won't survive long in jail.

annajon

Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:39 am   Reply with quote         

Have a very VERY happy life ReyRey, and don't give that man another thought, untill you need to talk to the judges in February. Then, when the doors close after him for that long (however long that is) say good riddens forever.

There is nothing you or anybody could have done more or less to make the judges see different. That work is up to the jury and the lawyers in the USA, and lateron to the parole board.

But if you let yourself and you family go that distanse... all the time that guy has to spend time in jail, you will sentense yourself to the same punishment.
He is the one behind bars. You are the one who finally got the freedom to move on. Take that freedom and make it yours.
You can help that young man take his freedom back and make it his too.

And if you were ever wondering how it is possible that he "only" got those 5-8 years.... well, that is the differense between owning up to something and saying that you did not do it. And that is a lawyer thing totally. The DA leaning on the accused to take a deal, and not take the chances they both had with the jury and the judge....

seamusoisin

Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:35 am   Reply with quote         

The continued pandering of these criminal assholes by the legal system, handing out light sentences with no regard to the loses of their victims along with the agony they must endure, is proof positive that not only is Justice blind but stupid. There is no proactive solution attempted by the system only a poor excuse of light punishment to make it go away. Somewhat like the elephant in the room. This is the result of the continued cover-ups by the Catholic Church whose solution was to transfer the offender to another parish. Shame on them, shame on the lawyers, and shame on the judges who all want to get it done and move on with no solution or rela justice.

There is an ongoing story in Canada of Theoren Fleury a superstar hockey player who lived a horrible hell because of this.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/10/09/theoren-fleury-was-abused-an-absolute-nightmare-every-day-of-my-life/

By coming forward others also came forward and now this pervert has been re- arrested and will be tried again and hopefully convicted. The sad part after his first conviction the government of Canada granted him a full pardon. When this came to light there was a huge uproar and the pardon system in Canada has been changed. This pardon let him apply for coaching jobs in Mexico and California. Thanks to the persistence of the press he was located and eventually brought back to Canada.

Theoren Fleury was a hero. hockey allstar, Stanley Cup winner, Olympic hockey medal but all this is is small in comparison to him standing up and coming forward.

Rey Michaud Hero.

Thanks

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
Designed2522

Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:56 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
don't worry, the motherfucker won't survive long in jail.

agreed!!!!

annajon

Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:06 am   Reply with quote         

It is scary to read how many young people are (and have been) abused by their coaches in sports all over the world, and how little response they get when they let on about it.

It is also scary to know that there are countless children every day, who go through the abuse, who are starting off on this ever growing journey of pain and suffering and who too are waiting... hoping... that somebody will make it possible for them to get the strength to walk away...

My own abuser got away with it, because of the time passed before I was ready to stand up for myself. And every time I hear about people like ReyRey and this Theo and his friend, I am hoping that this time, things will change for the better.
But that day will only come, I guess, the day ALL the abused children of all ages come forward at ones, and say enough is enough. Untill then, we can only wish everybody strength and courage.

Tesore

Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:38 am   Reply with quote         

I'm so proud on you!
Hug

anfa

Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Well done brother. The twat should be tortured.

cafn8d

Post Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Well done, ReyRey! salut

Whether or not other victims come forward, I hope you find some peace and satisfaction with this outcome. If it weren't for you, this young boy would probably STILL be getting abused.

Yes, it is a light sentence for such heinous acts. Was it a plea deal for leniency? Certainly this freak will have to register as a s-x offender when he is released...? (I admit I found "spam offender" kind of funny, but I would still prefer if the language filter could detect whether the poster was a member in good standing before auto-"correcting" our posts.)

I encourage ALL of you reading this to visit your local library, Town Hall, and other public institutions and check where they keep their current postings. A lot of people don't even realize this information is available to them. The local police department spoke at a staff meeting at the library as part of a campaign to step up public awareness. As a result, public information on local registered s-x offenders became easier to obtain at the library. I'm sure other police departments would be willing to do likewise.

ReyRey

Post Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:25 am   Reply with quote         

You can also access your local sex offender list online. ( in the USA)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - One less bad guy on the streets - Reply to topic