Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - NOT a complaint.. - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Tad

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Just a general question on the adding the 4th and 5th place in the profiles... and I did see if I could find an answer in the other thread and didnt see one... I'm sorry if I missed it.

How exactly does it work if there is more then 1 person in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th...?

I had 2 entries which technically made 4th and 5th place in the voting, although by ties...

Fifth place..
http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/1000086/from-scratch.html?l=&o=votes

Forth Place
http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/1000086/from-scratch.html?l=&o=votes

The last one, my photo shows as the 6th picture although tied for 4th in. votes.....does that mean I realistically got 6th place?

Again, it's not a huge deal.... I was just wondering.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:09 pm   Reply with quote         

those 2 links both link to a comp where you came 7th

but in answer to your question, if you tied for 4th, or 5th, but finished in 6th on same votes, you get 6th, as it will be ordered in who ever entered first in the comp, so the 4th and 5th placers who are tied with you, entered before you. That is how a tie is decided here.

Briefly a few years ago, it was going to be decided on a guest voting system of 1-10 for people touring the site who were not members, but people abused this, so it was dropped.

Tad

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:04 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:

The 5th place was..

Winner:
Napalm32
41 votes

Second(s):
Krank
32 votes
marcoballistic
32 votes
navneet1234
32 votes

Third:
Tesore
29 votes

Forth:
glennhanna
27 votes

Making the 5th place(s), by votes..
Tad
26 votes
nat_g31
26 votes

Sorry that took up so much space... I just didnt know how else to post it lol.

So realistically... I would have gotten 5th place.... but, going off what you said, it's who uploads first? I assume that is why I was ahead of nat since I posted first.... that seems unfair to non-advantage members in a way but I assume it's not a real issue.

Again, Im not complaining... I just was wondering if it actually went by real votes... or the placement on the voting page. Now I guess I know Razz

anfa

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:16 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:

but in answer to your question, if you tied for 4th, or 5th, but finished in 6th on same votes, you get 6th, as it will be ordered in who ever entered first in the comp, so the 4th and 5th placers who are tied with you, entered before you. That is how a tie is decided here.

Briefly a few years ago, it was going to be decided on a guest voting system of 1-10 for people touring the site who were not members, but people abused this, so it was dropped.

Say it slower and louder. He might get it then! Laughing

marcoballistic

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Ahhh I see, no Napalm wins with 41 then Krank entered before me and gets 2nd, I got 3rd as I entered before Navneet who got 4th, Tesore got 5th, while Glenn 6th and you 7th.

You see the places are given out in that order, even in the case of a draw, as that is decided by the who entered first rule. So a draw is not a draw as such, as there is a mechanism in place to split any draws fairly. Or as fairly a system as we currently have.

Hope that is clear Smile

JORDAN792

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:24 pm   Reply with quote         

not to rag on you but the first thing I think when I read the title of this thread is "Wonder what the complaint is?" Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tad

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:33 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:

Say it slower and louder. He might get it then! Laughing

I understood.... hence me putting it in my post...

I was clearing up the votes with Marco's post. I assumed he looked at teh spot my picture was in, and not the votes.

Smile

Tad

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:35 pm   Reply with quote         

JORDAN792 wrote:
not to rag on you but the first thing I think when I read the title of this thread is "Wonder what the complaint is?" Laughing Laughing Laughing

Smile Im really not complaining... honestly 1-99th in most contests get you pretty much the same thing. I was just wondering Smile

anfa

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Tad wrote:
JORDAN792 wrote:

Smile Im really not complaining... honestly 1-99th in most contests get you pretty much the same thing. I was just wondering Smile

Hey, there's nothing wrong with a good bit of complaining mate! It makes you feel better! Laughing

JORDAN792

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Tad wrote:
JORDAN792 wrote:

I dont care if you complain... Everyone else does here.... Including me as I just complained about people complaining... complaining to a complainer is my complaint complaining about complaining.......
I think i just ripped a hole in the universe

anfa

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:16 pm   Reply with quote         

JORDAN792 wrote:
Tad wrote:
JORDAN792 wrote:

I dont care if you complain... Everyone else does here.... Including me as I just complained about people complaining... complaining to a complainer is my complaint complaining about complaining.......
I think i just ripped a hole in the universe

WOW! Now I have the ability to think backwards! What did you do man?????

blue_lurker

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:40 pm   Reply with quote         

All this over 4th and 5th placings...man next thing ya know we are going to have seedings

marcoballistic

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:16 pm   Reply with quote         

GREAT SCOTT!

why am I back in some place called Hill Valley, and why is Rick Astley so popular... and what are these 2 looking so shocked about Hmmm

Wiz

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:54 pm   Reply with quote         

"You guys kill me!" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

[img]
[/img]

Wiz

marcoballistic

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:12 pm   Reply with quote         

HOME RUN!!! Mr. Green Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - NOT a complaint.. - Reply to topic