Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - has PSC changed this much - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

blade_in_exile

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:19 pm   Reply with quote         

hi all.

first let me ask that this post does not get turned into a bitching session between people.....thanks in advance

i was, a couple of years ago, a member of this site that posted every couple of days if not every day and loved the banter and the quality of the images...the reason i mention this is so people do not think i am a newb that hasn't been around long enough to comment.

now to the reason for the post....sorry its taken so long

i keep seeing this on a lot of the entries.......

"you loosing a lot because of late entries."

now i vote when the contest opens BUT i always save a few votes for the last day as well. the reason for this is that some people that cannot afford/need/want advantage do some really great work as proved recently but have not been given the recognition because they do not have advantage.....before anyone asks yes i do have advantage and got it within a week of coming back as i think its a great way to supprt he site even though i am not good enough to take full advantage of this i do like the extra time

what i am getting at...finaly gets back to the point i hear you say.....is this

i remember when people used to look at a contest more than once and always saved a few votes....does that not happen anymore????

sorry for going on............comments as always welcome but remember the top of this post, lets not turn this into bitching session.

Blade

JORDAN792

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm guilty... I usually only vote the first day, but I will try to visit contests the last day if I have time.
I like voting for newbs though cause I remember what it was like to be a newb. It's nice to see new talent in here.

Tesore

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:23 pm   Reply with quote         

I look every day 2, 3 times for every contest... sometimes give some vote(s) the first day, but mostly the last day. There are more people do so... cause we comment on the comments if you know what I mean Wink

TheBullShark

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:56 pm   Reply with quote         

As a newbie, I agree and think its voter apathy... people who think why spend the time looking at all the less interesting (only diplomatic term I could come up with) entries when the masses will have them vote sorted by the end of day one...

I try to come back but dont often get the chance...

Why are the Vote numbers not hidden with the order random until the contest closes?

seelcraft

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:12 pm   Reply with quote         

The second time I vote, when I come back to the contest, I reverse the order, to "recent", and run thru the entries until I hit one I've already voted for.

(But I don't vote as often as I should. Embarassed Sad )

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I would vote more if I had less votes.

One shold get 3 votes to spend each day the contest is open. If one vote the first day one only have 3 votes. The second day one get another 3 votes (6 total). And third day the final 3 votes (9 total).

So if one waited with voting till the last day one would have 9 votes in total to spend.

That would make people think a bit more about what they are voting for.

Also with less votes I belive people would take more time writing something, and it would be less: ...
Idea

Rangizzz

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I often write that sentence Smile Because it's true! Smile I'm here for 24h/day and I see almost all entries. But not all people do that, that's why I reccomend to buy advantage. It's only my opinion, I don't force people to do that, I don't get any profits of it. It's just my quiet opinion Smile
There is one chopper that improved his skills A LOT lately and I'm sure (I can evet bet Smile) that with advantage he(she?) would get top three at least once of his(-er) last three entries.

TheBullShark

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Since you guys are discussing the old times... who was ledirlo?
Did most of the tutorials...

Oscar

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing

I was starting to miss this thread, someone every month or so comments/rants about the same thing.

Add this along the next ones...

About not getting votes
About friendly voting
About late voting/early voting
About Crappy entries with a lot of votes
About good entries with no votes
About RainMan/ReyRey
About Arc, Arc's bull@#$, Arc in general....

This is just how the site is, if you got an idea of how to make it better please submit your inquiry and it would get reviewed as soon as possible. Thank you.

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:24 am   Reply with quote         

I like the site just the way it is....don't change a thing!
I have to say though.....sometimes there's 25 cool chops that I like & on the first day I might use up all the votes Rolling Eyes
....In the future I'll try and save 'em until the last day Wink

"Every time you win, it diminishes the fear a little bit. You never really cancel the fear of losing; you keep challenging it."
Don't get discouraged when the votes for your chop are low, it only means that they haven't invented a vote that can describe how awesome it is........duh.

I know I've been absent here lately but it's only because I'm right in the middle of repairing our flooded home.
I will be here more often when I'm done with all the hard work. (believe me.....there's lots of it Huh..

TheShaman

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:46 am   Reply with quote         

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

If I like your entry in my glue induced stupor it will get my vote.
If I pass out before I get to yours... well... I apologize.

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:38 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

If I like your entry in my glue induced stupor it will get my vote.
If I pass out before I get to yours... well... I apologize.

Not related to topic I just have to say I love that GIF and I love that movie...Classic Airplane. Thats all...as you were! Laughing

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:55 am   Reply with quote         

[quote="seelcraft"]The second time I vote, when I come back to the contest, I reverse the order, to "recent", and run thru the entries until I hit one I've already voted for.

this is what I do mostly Smile

ReinMan

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:10 pm   Reply with quote         

blade_in_exile wrote:
Has PSC changed this much?

Yes.
Yes it has.

JORDAN792

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:48 pm   Reply with quote         

here's a suggestion to fix some of the shitty voting trends... dont Fu#&$ng vote for chops that suck...sorry, chops that aren't good, if you posted then it doesn't suck.

Also, dont vote for you're friends just cause there you're friends.... we should have an F-you voting day where everyone votes for the good chops instead of vote whoring and friend voting.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - has PSC changed this much - Reply to topic