Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - DUMP THE QUEUE - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

is this a good Idea?

Yes lets dump the queue

80%

80%

[ 17 ]

No I like lame source pics

19%

19%

[ 4 ]

Total Votes: 21

YerPalAl

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:38 pm   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
Despite the poll's biased wording, it's pretty clear that something needs to be done. I have proposed an extensive course of action that includes wiping out a TON of the oldest images in the voting queue and implementing the automated controls. I am also going through and taking care of every image in the other queue, so regardless of how fast we are able to take action on this from a coding standpoint, you should see a lot of new sources in the daily voting in the meantime (there are 3 today).

YAYYYYYYY, LET'S HEAR IT FOR BILLTVSHOW AND THE REST OF THE MODS!!!

YerPalAl

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:30 pm   Reply with quote         

I understand that tutorme is also involved in making the source selection better so another hats off to you as well, pal.
salut

Alex

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:02 pm   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
Also, watch it with the language. That was completely unnecessary.

That was a joke. BTVS knows it.

Anyways, ban me, I don't care. If we can't say shitty anymore, how will I describe this site?

Raising Brow

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:07 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
billtvshow wrote:
Despite the poll's biased wording, it's pretty clear that something needs to be done. I have proposed an extensive course of action that includes wiping out a TON of the oldest images in the voting queue and implementing the automated controls. I am also going through and taking care of every image in the other queue, so regardless of how fast we are able to take action on this from a coding standpoint, you should see a lot of new sources in the daily voting in the meantime (there are 3 today).

Let's wait and see! Wink

[img]
[/img]

Laughing Wiz

JORDAN792

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Bow Nice work Mods... Todays sources are awesome!

ReinMan

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:
YerPalAl wrote:
billtvshow wrote:

Let's wait and see! Wink

[img]
[/img]

Laughing Wiz

Wiz, you can put a LOL face at the end of that, but your attitude is really starting to bug my arse. If you don't like this site, go find another. If you don't like the work of the MODs here, go find another. If you can't figure out a way to HELP this site, go find another.
- Reinier

blue_lurker

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Wiz, I think the solution is easy...go back to just having the source posted...take away the choice and there done...no problems ya chop what ya gits. Level playing field all even.

Its time some of you people started enjoying this for the most part FREE site...yep its FREE to be use...just as the MODS do all the work here for FREE, yep they don't get paid.

Fine have a little grip and put forward your point of view but do it with some class and don't be an ass K. If you can find me a better type site out there that works exactly how every one wants it, then I say leave here and go there.

I for one am getting damn sick and tired of all the complaints about the FREE service you get here and think its time a few of you just STFU. (Yeah I left out the chop cause I dont chop that much, and even I need to be told to STFU as well) Wink

seelcraft

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:05 pm   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:

Thanks, Steve! Let's hear it for the Foxbilt Dumpomatic!

Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Alex wrote:
TutorMe wrote:

Anyways, ban me, I don't care. If we can't say shitty anymore, how will I describe this site?

Raising Brow

Keep it up.

Wiz

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:22 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Wiz, I think the solution is easy...go back to just having the source posted...take away the choice and there done...no problems ya chop what ya gits. Level playing field all even.

Its time some of you people started enjoying this for the most part FREE site...yep its FREE to be use...just as the MODS do all the work here for FREE, yep they don't get paid.

Fine have a little grip and put forward your point of view but do it with some class and don't be an ass K. If you can find me a better type site out there that works exactly how every one wants it, then I say leave here and go there.

I for one am getting damn sick and tired of all the complaints about the FREE service you get here and think its time a few of you just STFU. (Yeah I left out the chop cause I dont chop that much, and even I need to be told to STFU as well) Wink

Try Choppix for a while BL, it's different, and the change is fun most of the time.. also they are into anybody's suggestion as to what the next comp is all about.

BTW: I split my time between here and there, so as to keep my chopping edge keen.

Please Note: I'm not plugging the site, that is not the reason I've suggested them, but variety is the spice of life even for jaded old curmudgions like us!

Wiz

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:43 am   Reply with quote         

Ok that's it.
All of the images in the Source Queue have either been approved or denied.
I started yesterday sometime and worked off and on until now; probably spent 5 hours or so going through them all.
Should be apx. 200 new ones in the voting queue.
ReinMan

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:48 am   Reply with quote         

Whoo HOOOOOO, BILLAH!!!!!!!!! bounce compress bounce

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:57 am   Reply with quote         

kewl...
Smile

i wonder which 5 of mine got rejected... i dont care really. i will find out when they dont ever show up..lol

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:23 am   Reply with quote         

No one gives a damn about your family pictures or your kid doing something cute... or your lame flower pictures. Please don't fill up the queue with lame images ... what we need is something that gets out ideas flowing.

LOL Alex

TutorMe wrote:
Alex wrote:
TutorMe wrote:

Raising Brow

Keep it up.

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:35 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
No one gives a damn about your family pictures or your kid doing something cute... or your lame flower pictures. Please don't fill up the queue with lame images ... what we need is something that gets out ideas flowing.

I dont shoot flowers, kids or family to put on here... i shoot cool shit. but i can... in fact, i might just submit 1,000 pics of family and cute kids holding flowers for you mr grouch since you like them so much. Laughing

one of mine is up for chopping as we speak.... not today, not tomorrow, but soon (and it aint no damn flower, family or a kid doing something cute)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - DUMP THE QUEUE - Reply to topic