Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PLease???? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ReyRey

Post Fri May 29, 2009 8:23 am   Reply with quote         

Ok. I had fun in the H2H. I wasn't even sure there were prizes. Then I was told there were. From what I understand, it's $100 and a lifetime membership. Well....... My membership still has an expiration date and nobody contacted me about money or any prize or even congrats. Confused At least make believe that you care.
This was a big event. No notice was posted on the front page, even at the final round. Very lame. Now that it is over it just fizzles away?? If it weren't for the wonderful members here this place would just dry up and blow away. Come on. Show a little interest or hire someone that will. It's kind of sad. We try to get excited about stuff and make this site exciting but it seems like we are on our own. (I'm not talking about the mods) You all are great. I'm also not saying anyone is a bad person, but we are trying here and it's not working. Show a little excitement about your own web site and it will echo through your members. (that didn't sound right. Shocked Laughing ) Please. Thank you.
P.S. who do I have to rub to get my prize?? Wink
Suggestion: Please. Next H2H. Put a banner on the front page announcing it. (pictures and words and everything) Announce when each round starts. Get people excited. Then announce the Winners at the end. Post them up just like you do the daily prize winners and let them know what they won and when they will get it. You might even say some nice words. (o.k. I'm pushing it) I'm trying like hell to do my part to make this place fun, but your bringing me down man.
PEACE Wink
As you see below. I had to make my own banner. I was proud. (now I'm not sure why. Crying or Very sad ) Cool

blue_lurker

Post Fri May 29, 2009 8:29 am   Reply with quote         

Post Fri May 29, 2009 8:36 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey

Post Fri May 29, 2009 8:36 am   Reply with quote         

Sorry. I missed that. I still think news should be on the front page like headlines. Pictures, links, make it exciting. I have A.D.H.D. If it doesn't have big pictures I don't see it. (I'm serious) New people to the site are not going to look for the news. It needs to be like a newspaper. Big headlines when you are doing something special. Grab the peoples attention. Especially people just visiting the site.
Thank you for the kind words in the news. I still am going to leave this thread here because I still feel things need to change a bit. Wink

Mir

Post Fri May 29, 2009 8:37 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

As you see below. I had to make my own banner. I was proud. (now I'm not sure why. Crying or Very sad ) Cool

You were proud because we were all proud of you! You did a great job worked very hard and had a good time as did many others. But you are right. This was a big thing, so many gave a lot of their time to make it happen. It should have been on the front page and well jazzed up too. Don't feel down ReyRey we all respect your talent and congratulate you on your fine win.

cafn8d

Post Fri May 29, 2009 8:38 am   Reply with quote         

Hug

cheers CONGRATULATIONS (again Wink) ON AN EXCELLENT JOB, REYREY! cheers

Yep, the winner was announced, ALMOST as quietly as the H2H itself was. Not many people check the NEWS link. Confused As for your prizes? It is a shame that whatever Proc needed to do took such precedence over taking care of business here at PSC, but I'm sure he will take care of it... eventually. *sigh* Maybe one of the Mods has direct line to contact the boss?

annajon

Post Fri May 29, 2009 8:39 am   Reply with quote         

I am still amazed by your layerfile ReyRey. All the work you did on it, wow.

I think that PSC news center should be partly on the front page, that way we are reminded it exists. Because I had totally forgotten about the news...

Maybe a tip for those people who were juggling new front page ideas?

ReyRey

Post Fri May 29, 2009 8:40 am   Reply with quote         

Mir wrote:
ReyRey wrote:

You were proud because we were all proud of you! You did a great job worked very hard and had a good time as did many others. But you are right. This was a big thing, so many gave a lot of their time to make it happen. It should have been on the front page and well jazzed up too. Don't feel down ReyRey we all respect your talent and congratulate you on your fine win.

I'm not looking for pity or warm pats on the backs. I just want to be excited about this place and my excitement is fading away. Confused
I'm trying to get myself interested by making socks, starting Claf Day, etc. Guys like BlueLurker and Reinman and others (you know who you are) keep this place interesting. (They should be put on the payroll Laughing ) Why are we trying so hard???

annajon

Post Fri May 29, 2009 8:42 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Sorry. I missed that. I still think news should be on the front page like headlines. Pictures, links, make it exciting. I have A.D.H.D. If it doesn't have big pictures I don't see it. (I'm serious) New people to the site are not going to look for the news. It needs to be like a newspaper. Big headlines when you are doing something special. Grab the peoples attention. Especially people just visiting the site.
Thank you for the kind words in the news. I still am going to leave this thread here because I still feel things need to change a bit. Wink

I can relate to this need for big pictures or not seeing it so well....

Even if there would only be a NEWS FLASH button on the front page that keeps blinking untill you have pushed it to see what's in the news, would that not be possible?

ReyRey

Post Fri May 29, 2009 8:48 am   Reply with quote         

I get yelled at all the time at work for not reading emails. Laughing Now they know better than to send them. They call instead and say " I sent you an email". Then I will go look. I don't think of things like that. I think visually with pictures and colors. Once I start creating don't expect me to be checking emails and texts. It ain't gonna happen. I try. But it just doesn't happen. A.D.H.D! Real bad. I take a shower in the morning every day and every day I step out of the shower and can't remember If I washed my air. Shocked

nat_g31

Post Fri May 29, 2009 8:49 am   Reply with quote         

Yeah, I remember mentioning the front page link in, like, round 2. Seems like the superbowl of psc was more like a backyard dog fight that only selected members knew about. The excitement definitely fizzed away during the h2h. Even those of us who didn't win the whole thing and were excited to get past round 1 would have loved to hear something. . .

I think the layout issues may save this site, especially if big events are actually BIG!

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
Tesore

Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:00 am   Reply with quote         

Congrats (again), we are (serious!) all very proud of you! Very Happy

I see the NEWS button for the first time now Embarassed
But heeee... we are picture-people, no readers!

Till now I chop and vote every day (... night that is!) to keep up the good spirit over here. But heee... again... look at the voting, NOT even 400 votes some days... That's not good.
AND... I don't like the topics that says: Where are the old choppers, the big guys, the good guys, the best guys? Those chops today suck!
Well... that's a nice welcome. Confused Why would someone still do its best?
I'm sorry, but needed to say this. I'm here 2½ years now and still feel like a newbie, thanks to that type of sayings. Please think before you react or make a topic! It's so rude!
It's not only for me, I am a tuff lady you know rambo , I can eat you raw (after I chop you in too a tomato cherry )... *looks more like a cherry to me*..., but especially for the newbies!

Also: thanks to all the dear people who always are so nice to help out and give advice and a friendly word when I needed it: highly appreciated! Hug

So I throw with tomatoes and eat biscuits, read the topics... and react in my beautiful, but a little blurry, English.
And if I can do anything more, let me know! Cause I agree totally with you about the front page!
Cheers Wink

*Hoping it's understandable what I have written*

Mir

Post Fri May 29, 2009 10:27 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Mir wrote:
ReyRey wrote:

I'm not looking for pity or warm pats on the backs. I just want to be excited about this place and my excitement is fading away. Confused
I'm trying to get myself interested by making socks, starting Claf Day, etc. Guys like BlueLurker and Reinman and others (you know who you are) keep this place interesting. (They should be put on the payroll Laughing ) Why are we trying so hard???

Pity!! You don't need anyone's pity. You won the H2H!!! Very Happy Sorry if it came out wrong, I was just trying to agree that this kinda thing should be front page!! It is the sort of thing that brings in a lot of interest.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Fri May 29, 2009 11:13 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
I see the NEW button for the first time now.
But heeee... we are picture-people, no readers!
how about making the News link can change to red when something is added to that page (similar to the inbox link when you get a new message), turn back to blue when user has checked the latest news.

Tesore

Post Fri May 29, 2009 11:33 am   Reply with quote         

Vokaris... you have a pm in your inbox!

Just helping Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PLease???? - Reply to topic