Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Villains, Vixens, and Vampires Contest - Reply to topic

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon May 11, 2009 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey, this contest might be fun to enter, my friend that lives down in Key West just called and asked me to enter, $1000 bucks is a $1000 bucks, and the recognition is worth a lot more than that. I've never been to that crazy freakshow, but maybe this year Twisted Evil good luck if you enter, post your art here if you do, I might give it a shot. Wink

POSTER SUBMISSIONS DUE JUNE 1!!!!

CHANCE TO WIN $1,000 in cash!Photography, cubism, graphic design, watercolors and cartoons have all been donned on the past 29 years of poster art. Join the revered ranks of artists whose creations have been seen by over 70,000 party revelers, by designing a Fantasy Fest® centerpiece to be remembered for years to come. We encourage incorporation of “Fantasy Fest 2009,” this year’s theme, "Villains, Vixens, and Vampires" as well as the 30th Anniversary. You may include the date in the border if the art is better suited as stand-alone. We also persuade artists to incorporate details that are unique to Key West. Posters may be horizontal or vertical and a variety of sizes are accepted, though generally art chosen is about 18” x 24”. Keep in mind that this needs the flash of a poster, but is also a piece of artwork purchased by festival attendees that will hang on the walls of their homes. Submission deadline is Monday, June 1, 2009. The artwork will be the sole property of Fantasy Fest upon selection and payment to the winner.

Official website;
http://fantasyfest.net/

Past poster winners here. (I know we could have some contenders, 2008 was awful, lol)
http://secure.floridakeys.com/stores/showprod.cfm?&DID=69&CATID=22&ObjectGroup_ID=34

Contact info;
Fantasy Fest®
1111 Twelfth Street, Suite 211
Key West, FL 33040
Fax: 305.294.3335
kwfanfest@aol.com

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon May 11, 2009 5:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Hurry and do it before MarxMan tells us how this is working for free because the evil bastards will take your work and not pay you for it! Shocked Laughing

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon May 11, 2009 6:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Notice the name? Laughing I see his cup is empty, and his mammogrammer doesn't look that used either...

Post Mon May 11, 2009 7:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Al?

glennhanna

Post Mon May 11, 2009 9:21 pm   Reply with quote         

So do we have to submit it by mail? I don't see where we can submit an entry online, besides the email address.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon May 11, 2009 9:27 pm   Reply with quote         

I was wondering the same thing, that's why I included the contact info, I just sent out an e-mail, so I'll let you know what I find out. Wink

Martrex

Post Tue May 12, 2009 11:53 am   Reply with quote         

They do have serious parties down there but especially crazy during that time. Been there and proud and very surprised to say I survived. Women running around in only body paint. And some men willing to try the same!! The cops relaxed and sitting on the sidelines watching for only any real problems.
Ah! Thanks for the memories.
I was down there over the xmas holidays last year when the rest of US was freezing it was pleasant and in the high 70's both air and Ocean. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed May 13, 2009 5:38 pm   Reply with quote         

I just got a reply from F Fest staff, and here it is;

Please print and send in the mail. We have a board that selects the winner so the better the presentation the more likely you are to win. Generally, it is best if it is 18x24.

Our address:

Fantasy Fest
1111 12th St., Suite 211
Key West, FL 33040

Rolling Eyes

Post Wed May 13, 2009 5:51 pm   Reply with quote         

So they want us to actually print out the poster?

Jeez... Rolling Eyes

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed May 13, 2009 6:53 pm   Reply with quote         

do you actually want to win? Laughing

I found a Villian,

and a Vampire...

However, I'm bouncing this project around, and its a tricky one, I mean have you ever seen a Vixen before? No? me neither Sad and I've been waiting for years Laughing

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed May 13, 2009 7:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
... I mean have you ever seen a Vixen before? No? me neither Sad and I've been waiting for years Laughing

Eve? Where's Eve when you need her? Twisted Evil

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed May 13, 2009 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing
I think you mean Kittie.

Post Wed May 13, 2009 8:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Shocked Kittie is not real, someone made her in PS...duh

This may not go over well with families that want to visit, do you think I should tone it down a little?

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Villains, Vixens, and Vampires Contest - Reply to topic