Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A name for an English Learning school - mainly in the summer - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

DaVinci

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:37 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:38 am   Reply with quote         

candron wrote:
maybe?????
TES
The Endless Spamschool

TES.... TES.... hmmm... strange name Shocked

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:47 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
candron wrote:
maybe?????
TES
The Endless Spamschool

TES.... TES.... hmmm... strange name Shocked
T.E.S sorry teske LOL

cafn8d

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:11 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Whats this 'we' crap? What are 'we' to you? Your mindless drones who will basically work for free? We're a good lot here, and I don't like seeing us being taken advantage of. You come in here out of the blue entice us with your supposed cash prize for a contest that you basically put everyone down in... And now you're looking for more?! You're a piece of work man.

OMG people wake up, stop being taken advantage of. Its not like this guy has been a participating member here and is asking for our help...

I think we need to revisit some old threads and links

start with this one

and then re-read vokaris' article It sums up everything nicely

If you're gonna sell yourself, at least make sure you're getting what you're worth. Don't sell yourself short! You all know the difference between a cheap crack ho and a call girl right? Yet they basically do the same job.

Final Summation: Don't be a cheap crack ho!

Eve wrote:
Quote:
Yes, by all means, we want to avoid the time and consideration professional designers offer and go right to the lowest common denominator of grade-school dropouts whose portfolio’s crown jewel is a logo for their dad’s wholesale llama manure clearing house.

Laughing
enlightening article.

Laughing

Mr. Automax came back and said he liked this or that and wasn't a spammer... did the prize ever get awarded???

It is a little off putting for an "outsider" to come to PSC with so many "requests," but the ensuing PSCer participation just goes to show (1) what a creative group we are and (2) how starved for games we are... and perhaps (3) how slow and boring work is even for those of us who still have jobs!

So what's the word on the H2H and Reunion comps?? Anyone want to *really* annoy Splodge and start a NEW Word Association thread? Wink

Lastly, I'd like to invite hollisterb to start chopping in the contests. Don't worry about your current skill level. Come with a willingness to learn and perseverance to withstand a lack of votes (at first), and really become a part of the PSC community. We'll help you learn to do some of these things for yourself, like movie poster chops, and you won't get so much flak for asking for creative help now and then, like names for English Summer Schools. And get yourself an Advantage account. Even at US$10 for three months (I recommend getting at least the $30/yr level), that's a heck of a better deal than a "cheap" $100 for a "contest"-turned-request and getting flamed! Wink

TheShaman

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:23 am   Reply with quote         

Don't get me wrong caffy, I'm all for fun & games, I just don't like seeing us all get taken advantage of.

Like Blurk said, Chop the Chopper is a great way to have fun here.

We should have more fun contests like the ones hollisterb is trying to bring to the table. Yet I question his motives because he basically came out of nowhere and is not really a member of our community yet. Sorry for being cynical. I've been burned before by people asking for stuff like this only to be left with an empty bag at the end of a hard days work.

I did a bunch of ad designs for a client who paid me for the first few ads, then hit me with 30 more to do. I gave them over to him... and the check is still in the mail. Rolling Eyes You live and learn.

cafn8d

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:39 am   Reply with quote         

No, see, I agree with you, Shaman. One person's fun and games is another person's paying job. But if this guy is willing to start learning to do these things for himself, wouldn't we feel better about helping him along, instead of winding up doing it for him? TEACH a person TO fish, sort of thing? Plus, if he's willing to actually participate as a member of PSC, he'll be supporting us in turn. While several of us do think he got carried away (too many requests for what was offered as a contest), this guy did show a critical eye with the chops being offered in his "contest" thread. That's why I think he should try to learn how to do this sort of thing for himself--and why I think he COULD. Smile

TheShaman

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:41 am   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
No, see, I agree with you, Shaman.

Hug you're one of the best caffy!

cafn8d

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:48 am   Reply with quote         

Smile Hug

blue_lurker

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 am   Reply with quote         

There was an earlier thread started by this guy about contests and shit and I said the same thing as Caf did, but...for some reason it was removed...wondered why because as I said in chat this will end in a rip off for some one and free work for some on else.

I would be very surprised if any one see his $100 dollars, like to be proved wrong but I have my doubts.

Martrex

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:06 pm   Reply with quote         

I do have a question on this matter. Is it a place to study English in-depth and analyze its structure.
Or is it a place to learn English in general, for those who want to learn that language.
Both would have very different batches of public, interested in them. And as such the name would have to be either serious to get the interest of the educated to intrigue the educated.
Such as: (Further Study of English, FSE)
Or somewhat simple for those not so familiar with the English language. Such as: (English Learning Center, ELC)

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

TheShaman

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
Or somewhat simple for those not so familiar with the English language. Such as: (English Learning Center, ELC)

taken
http://www.elcusa.com/

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Kind of timely...

Our company has been asked to rebrand a clean energy firm.

Part of the job involves coming up with a new company name, which is something we've never been asked to do before.

Since we've never done it, we don't know what to charge.

I've spent the past hour searching for industry standards on this sort of thing
but haven't had much luck.

If anyone has experience with this, I'd appreciate it.

cafn8d wrote:
... but the ensuing PSCer participation just goes to show ... how starved for games we are... and perhaps (3) how slow and boring work is even for those of us who still have jobs!

ok here's an idea for anyone bored and starved for games...
Find the grammatical errors in the message of the guy starting an English school.

TheShaman

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:27 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:34 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
grammar nazi cat

He's starting an English school, so I'd say I was more of an "irony nazi"

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A name for an English Learning school - mainly in the summer - Reply to topic