Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Remember when.... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

bigbuck

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:24 am   Reply with quote         

....in the forums, there used to be stuff about PS...and chops...and tutes....etc
Now it's just full of shit!
~sigh~

Scrumpy

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:44 am   Reply with quote         

Ban him!

Wink

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

HEY QUIT ROCKING THE BOAT!! Laughing

I also remember when more skilled people used to try to help the noobs along...
I don't know if people are being silent now out of fear of hurting someones feelings? or fear that they will be looked upon like they're trying to sway people away from a particular entry... or because monkeys will fly out their butt if they help... or just don't have the time to dedicate to help along the noobs.

all I know is, when I started, I was stupid and thought 'My entries are perfect, but why aren't I getting votes?' Rolling Eyes but after being here for a bit, eating lots of crow and asking the top choppers what to do differently... I had people helping me left and right like YerPalAl, VVP, Billtv and ReyRey. You realize yeah, I do need the help. AND I'd like to publicly thank them all again.

I would really like this place to get back to the PSC I knew (as eve has so kindly reminded me in my old age) a bit over 3 years ago. Where we were a community of Photoshoppers willing to trade our knowledge with fellow Photoshoppers for the betterment of us all. I still contend this site started going down hill when we introduced prizes to the normal chops rather than just for special occasions like H2H.

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:50 am   Reply with quote         

Scrumpy wrote:
Ban him!

Wink

Hey feck off you dirty midget canadian bastard! Your prime minister can't even read! Laughing Laughing

bigbuck

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:55 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
all I know is, when I started, I was stupid and thought 'My entries are perfect, but why aren't I getting votes?' Rolling Eyes but after being here for a bit, eating lots of crow and asking the top choppers what to do differently... I had people helping me left and right like YerPalAl, VVP, Billtv and ReyRey. You realize yeah, I do need the help. AND I'd like to publicly thank them all again.
True. I got quite a bit of helpful advice also. Seriously, maybe if there was a bit more PS emphasis around the place, and less doom, gloom, hate and flames, I'd be inspired to chop a bit more often....

dewdew

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:59 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
or because monkeys will fly out their butt if they help

This is my biggest fear. Think about it....MONKEYS flying out your WA'ZOO can't be a good feeling. Not even those small monkeys. Smile

Sorry we cloggged the forum with a attempt to help one of our own. For now on we will just sit back and watch them burn at the stake. Confused Maybe the flames will inspire us to make similar ones in PS.
I'd be inspired to chop more if the DAMN sources would be worth chopping. How many dragonflys does this place need. Sad

TheShaman

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:02 am   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
Sorry we cloggged the forum with a attempt to help one of our own. For now on we will just sit back and watch them burn at the stake. Confused

NO! Don't be sorry. I think banning should be only done AFTER warnings have been issued and ignored.
I think a time out, or having to sit in the corner would suffice in most instances where banning has occurred lately. That particular thread in question needed to be made.

look at me sounding all smart and stuff

BAILIFF WHACK HIS PEE PEE!
that is SFW btw Wink Laughing

Site Moderator

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:08 am   Reply with quote         

it's been 3 years, sean

Heinlein

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:09 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
HEY QUIT ROCKING THE BOAT!! Laughing

I would really like this place to get back to the PSC I knew nearly 4 years ago. Where we were a community of Photoshoppers willing to trade our knowledge with fellow Photoshoppers for the betterment of us all. I still contend this site started going down hill when we introduced prizes to the normal chops rather than just for special occasions like H2H.

I totally agree! We need to get back to basics!

Just look at the pre-posts for the next three days Shocked

bigbuck

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:11 am   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
Sorry we cloggged the forum with a attempt to help one of our own. For now on we will just sit back and watch them burn at the stake. (
It's not just today Dewie. Seems like a fair bit of nasty stuff going on lately...

ReyRey

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:13 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
....in the forums, there used to be stuff about PS...and chops...and tutes....etc
~sigh~

Hey everyone!!! BigBuck is going to write a tut!!!! Yeah!!! cheers What?? Shocked Oh Confused Nevermind. Please

Scrumpy

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:
Ban him!

Wink

Hey feck off you dirty midget canadian bastard! Your prime minister can't even read! Laughing Laughing

Shocked Laughing

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:20 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
it's been 3 years, sean

OK OK 3 years and 29 days.... seems like forever especially lately...
Laughing

anyway fixed it just for you
love ya Eve

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:25 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
bigbuck wrote:
~sigh~

Hey everyone!!! BigBuck is going to write a tut!!!! Yeah!!! cheers What?? Shocked Oh Confused Nevermind. Please
Ahem....
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=10095
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=8281&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
(not really tutes....but about as close as I'll ever get!)

dewdew

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:28 am   Reply with quote         

True Buck, alot of bull has been slung lately. Sometimes the everyday life stuff does get in the way of the real reason we are all here. TO LEARN AND TEACH PS. I'll be the first to admit i like to goof around in the forum...hell, i like to goof around in life in general. I can say that finding PSC has been better than any TUTORIAL i have ever watched. Even if you don't get DIRECT one on one help, it's hard not to learn something about PS from the others. Even in the GOOF OFF THREADS. This place is like a DONNIE EPISODE EVERYDAY. Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Remember when.... - Reply to topic