Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Be Honest. Did you look? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Did you notice that mangochutney created the entire bracelet?

Yes I noticed

72%

72%

[ 24 ]

I noticed and still didn't vote

6%

6%

[ 2 ]

Sorry, I didn't look very close.

21%

21%

[ 7 ]

Total Votes: 33

ReyRey

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:40 am   Reply with quote         

How many people looked at mangochutney 's entry and realized that mangochutney created the entire bracelet? I thought this should have won or at least been a lot closer.IMHO
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/144028/votes.html?nocache=1

I'm not starting a "who's was better" thing. I just want to know if our PSC folks really look at an entry. I am guilty of not looking deeper too. I have done it before. I have tried to do better. Please be honest. The vote is anonymous. Wink

pakimo

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:01 am   Reply with quote         

Voted, and a beautifull job it was Smile

dewdew

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:50 am   Reply with quote         

It's some great ps work for sure. When i first saw it i thought it was only a good use of source, i almost did not vote for it, then i saw his "NO EXTERNALS" comments and had to go look again. I thought then it would win or at least come close.

Great work Mangochutney.

My comment left on his entry was: Very nice, if thats no external...its super.

I said that because for that to be all PS....it really looks amazing. Now stop trying to show off. Twisted Evil

nat_g31

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:04 am   Reply with quote         

I did look closely, and I did vote for Mango's great entry. I personally believe that the votes did prevail though. Your candy bar and and the work on the wood was nearly flawless, as was the wrapper and the inside of the candy. I had no doubt that it would win. The 2nd place entry was great too and pleasant to look at.

I do think that neatlydone's entries were overlooked though! Very Happy

Granulated

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
How many people looked at mangochutney 's entry and realized that mangochutney created the entire bracelet? I thought this should have won or at least been a lot closer.IMHO
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/144028/votes.html?nocache=1

I'm not starting a "who's was better" thing. I just want to know if our PSC folks really look at an entry. I am guilty of not looking deeper too. I have done it before. I have tried to do better. Please be honest. The vote is anonymous. Wink

How could people not notice ?
I mean. was the "no externals" footnote added really late on ?

Yeh..it comfortably deserved the win and I have to admit I thought it might have actually been your entry Rey !

kinetic_be

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry to say, but it's kindergarden-voting here by the majority.
The outcome of some anon. contests and regular contests confuse me.
Seems that the 'recognisable' stuff wins, rather then the well executed correct images.
I'm not talking about Rey's win, that chocolat thingy I would have eaten myself if it were real Smile but in general, the votings.... big blah.
The contrast is too high between voters. Some have a really sharp eye and vote.. some find it amazing that someone transformed a wire into a 'purple hued wire' and vote... others see 'Marco ball...' and vote (no offense Mark, nothing against you, but your average chops are quite often overrated, while you can create brilliant stuff if you want to)

But anyway, just sharing my thoughts, no intention to point with my finger.
I'm still enjoying the community here and wish to see that in the future, some of the oldschool-stuff is coming back with more 'Action' on PSC, because at the moment, the routine isn't really exciting.

Rolling Eyes

ReyRey

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:57 pm   Reply with quote         

I really don't want this to be finger pointing at everyone. I just want to honestly see how many people look. The results should speak for themselves. I think the people who say they didn't look might be more careful the next time. We all are guilty of it at one time or another. I just want to help change it if I can, even in a little way. I'm sure the people that did not look, thought they did and feel a bit silly now. It happens. No big deal. Wink

dewdew

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Yep, I did.
I vote and came back to say 'I really like this'.
It is a great chop!

rockyjob

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
I really don't want this to be finger pointing at everyone. I just want to honestly see how many people look. The results should speak for themselves. I think the people who say they didn't look might be more careful the next time. We all are guilty of it at one time or another. I just want to help change it if I can, even in a little way. I'm sure the people that did not look, thought they did and feel a bit silly now. It happens. No big deal. Wink

Yeah i didn't look,was a realyy lazy voter Embarassed Sad
well next time ill look with more attention... Wink

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Out of 43 posts, I voted for two...yours and Mango's.

Mango got "gyped" vote-wise ...no offense to all the gypsies here.

I look closely at all images...unless they have fairies in them or are horrible. Wink

Heinlein

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes I did look at it carefully , and to be honest I passed it over the first time around because all source is starting to become all too common. Besides yours Rey Rey and a few others, there wasn't really many entries that impressed me. That is why I decided to post one at the end of the first day, and I am happy with the results I received.

You all can shoot me if you want, but the number of entries per contest and the quality of the chops around here lately have gone down hill.

You know how else I can tell? When Billtvshow doesn't cast many votes as he use to, it tells you something.

I am sorry, I am usually not like this, but I really wanted to get it out on how I am starting to feel about these topics.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:29 pm   Reply with quote         

i missed the comp so i didn't see any of the entries... but i did take the time to view the link in your post to his entry and it looks very nice and well done and i'd have voted for it if i was around Wink

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
dewdew

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
the number of entries per contest and the quality of the chops around here lately have gone down hill.

Lets face it...we can't all be talented and pretty. I choose pretty. Talk about feeling GYPED... Confused
I could enter more, but the quality part is a "work in progress". It's progressing at a snails pace.

Grasshopper said: The longest journey starts with a single step. Cool so we should be hitting the STANDARDS mark next year sometime.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:59 pm   Reply with quote         

true, Dewd. I cringe seeing images I posted 3 years ago.

Sad

And yet I was fortunate to be posting when there were 7-9 pages of images.

Most of us are a patient lot; so............you have one yearto get better, ok? Twisted Evil Wink

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Be Honest. Did you look? - Reply to topic