Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Granulated

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:47 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
3) I respect all human being's rights to search or not search, in as long as they do no harm to others making that same choice.

hmm...thinking about... If I worship anything other than the gospel of Trey Parker & Matt Stones it'd be Google !

Granulated

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:49 pm   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
Every man and woman has a spiritual side which has to be awoken by a Power stronger that his of her will power.

Are you cutting and pasting ? Smile

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:55 pm   Reply with quote         

OK chirdens, gather round, this is what I've learned so far;

There are 2 major forces in the universe, those being Positive+ and Negative-, there is a lot of

room for grey between these 2 forces, but from these forces, all things are created or destroyed,

we as human beings have been given a gift to use these forces any way we see fit, each of us is

truly God like, each of us has the ability to create heaven or hell on this beautiful earth,

the earth also was created by this Pos.+ force of nature, the cycle always starts with Pos+

energy, Neg.-energy can only come from Pos.+, balance is achieved when there are somewhat

equal parts of these 2 energies, with a slight offset to the Pos.+ side, like I said the cycle

starts with +.

Where are these Pos.+ & Neg. - energies?, they are all around us, Smile life = +, Sad death = -,

Smile truth = +, Sad lies = -, Smile love = +, Sad hate = -, etc. etc.

Jesus was a very Pos.+ person, his teachings have had a very Pos.+ effect on many people, just

as you could say Hitler was a very Neg.- person, and his actions have had a very Neg.- effect on

many people, this all goes back to the fact that each of us has the ability to create heaven or

hell, right here in our own backyard, the old saying goes, you reap what you sow, if you create

something, you have something, if you destroy something, you have nothing, the cycle can not

start again until something is created, so which force do you represent in life? Pos+ or Neg-, the

choice is yours, I have learned that it is always better to be Positive and create, this earth has

everything you need to create anything you can think of, we come from love, which is the best

form of Pos. + energy, I think that when we are not loved, we tend to gravitate towards hate and

Negativity, so the more we love, and take care of each other, the more Positive energy we have,

each force can be magnified if we let it, but we have a choice. Smile Sad

Granulated

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
Religion as a control mechanism works through fear of death or more specifically what may be afterwards.

If you do wrong then you must live forever being tourchered for deeds done in less than a century....

what a crock of shit. Nobody should fear death. especially when life is relatively short.

It's only short if you believe that 'something happens' after you die, which it doesn't, so it's not. Goodnight Vienna.

Granulated

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
...stuff...

Hitler was in fact positively driven..but in an extremely warped and insane sense.

ReinMan

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
Paul Von Stetina wrote:
...stuff...

- some more stuff -

Er, um... Gran?

You got a cracker on your head, dude. Confused

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
Paul Von Stetina wrote:
...stuff...

Hitler was in fact positively driven..but in an extremely warped and insane sense.

Rolling Eyes well ya, you could say someone loves to hate, I said there are lots of grey areas between those 2 forces, anything can be twisted when you're warped...

Granulated

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:54 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Granulated wrote:
Paul Von Stetina wrote:
...stuff...

- some more stuff -

Er, um... Gran?

hehehe

After being comedically (is that a word?) impressed by the classic Lionel Rich-Tea chop that has been around the web for a while I decided to make another rich tea oriented mirth squeezing avatar....

Rich-Tea Cunningham ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Just thinking that most Americans wont know what a rich tea is. It's a biscuit (cookie) and not a cracker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_tea

ReinMan

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
ReinMan wrote:
Granulated wrote:
Paul Von Stetina wrote:
...stuff...

- some more stuff -

Er, um... Gran?

hehehe

After being comedically (is that a word?) impressed by the classic Lionel Rich-Tea chop that has been around the web for a while I decided to make another rich tea oriented mirth squeezing avatar....

Razz

And as far as this thread goes, I think it is time that Fonzie Rides The Shark.... Very Happy

Granulated

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
Granulated wrote:
Paul Von Stetina wrote:
...stuff...

Rolling Eyes well ya, you could say someone loves to hate, I said there are lots of grey areas between those 2 forces, anything can be twisted when you're warped...

It's all in the terminology. Which was kind of my point.

Granulated

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:59 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Granulated wrote:
ReinMan wrote:
Granulated wrote:
Paul Von Stetina wrote:
...stuff...

- some more stuff -

Er, um... Gran?

hehehe

Razz

And as far as this thread goes, I think it is time that Fonzie Rides The Shark.... Very Happy

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Cool

FootFungas

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:47 pm   Reply with quote         

creatrix wrote:

Well, I think when you look at "science," we are basing knowledge - or beliefs, if you prefer - on a logical assessment of the world around us. Yes, the dating methods may not work, but knowing the half life of an elements decay and the amount of said element within the bone matter of a living creature, one can reasonably extrapolate the age of the "prehistoric" bone matter. Yes, it may turn out to be incorrect, but looking at the methodology allows me personally to put "faith" in it. I do not feel the same about Biblical or other creation stories.

I'm not saying you should believe in creationism because carbon dating might not work.

But are you gonna throw it out the window because of a testing method that can be rendered useless if the atmosphere from today is different from when the creature died?

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Gotta agree with scion and chris.
What I believe
1. There is one True God and my Heavenly Father.
2. The Bible is God's perfect Word.
3. Jesus Christ is my Savior and Lord in whom all things consist.
4.I believe science reveals Biblical historical truth,especially for creation.
5.God is made of three persons, The father, The Son, And the holy spirit.

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:56 pm   Reply with quote         

the burning couch

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:10 am   Reply with quote         

I was raised in a Catholic household, but Catholicism just didnt stick with me.
It's just way too big a world out there , with soo much diversity in it's people,cultures, religon's etc. etc. , to stick myself to one belief system. Waaaaay too big for that...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.