Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - question for evryone - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

is this ludacris lol

not sure what to type here lol

22%

22%

[ 2 ]

he he :)

22%

22%

[ 2 ]

Efn knock it off allready matt!!!!!

55%

55%

[ 5 ]

Total Votes: 9

splodge

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:57 pm   Reply with quote         

if you dfont know now, buy a harley, smoke lots, drink more, beat up anoying guys, bigger the better

Hallcross Toots

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:41 pm   Reply with quote         

I am not sure if my 2 cents is valuable to you at all, but here it is...

first penny of thought is... the idea of a "man" is not exactly a definable one, as it is just an idea. This notion of a man is both culturally determined, and then further defined by an individual's environmental influences (what the person has been taught or observed). For some it may be an action like a rights of passage, that makes one a man (i.e. the Nuer tribe perform a thing called 'gar' where a boy goes through a process of asking his elder female relatives if he is a man, and eventually the females agree that he is ready, and then he goes through a scarification ceremony of sorts, where the elder men cut lines into his forehead, called 'gar', and then he is considered a 'man'. Others believe that you become a 'man' once you have intercourse with someone.

That being said, I wonder if what you are really asking is 'what do women look for in a man?'. Which leads me to the second penny of thought...
I personally look for integrity, respect for self and others, honesty, trust, confidence and humility, a sense of realness and acceptance in being human, for both himself and others (we all are human and are bound to f@#k up), someone who is both a dreamer and a doer...

oh yeah... and I suppose the size thing matters! Rolling Eyes

Humour is good too!

good luck gathering your findings!

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:01 am   Reply with quote         

dewdew

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:12 am   Reply with quote         

Been waiting five pages....and no one has posted the obvious...SO

MEN= snakes and snails, and puppy dog tails.
Woman= MY DANG RIB Laughing Laughing

Dag-jim i was holding on like Lane Frost, Checking the list as 318830 typed off. Was really excited...all them checks in a row.....Then she had to go and put size in the list, ooooohhhh what a buck off.....and then the bull stepped on my gonads on the way out the arena. Well, you know what they say about getting back on......NEXT Laughing

P.s. Well, you know what they say about getting back on....NEXT.

This part is what you do after divorce too. Only difference is this time look for a SMALLER one to ride. Laughing

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:26 am   Reply with quote         

You know that look women give you when they want to be ravaged?...

Me neither Crying or Very sad

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:09 am   Reply with quote         

Paul...quit taking yello_piggy's advice! Wink Razz

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:24 am   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
if you dfont know now, buy a harley, smoke lots, drink more, beat up anoying guys, bigger the better
hah ok this was what i was hearing i do all but i don't own a harley but i do ride a mut bike thanks for taking part in the thread and i hope your feeling better

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:28 am   Reply with quote         

318830 wrote:
I am not sure if my 2 cents is valuable to you at all, but here it is...

first penny of thought is... the idea of a "man" is not exactly a definable one, as it is just an idea. This notion of a man is both culturally determined, and then further defined by an individual's environmental influences (what the person has been taught or observed). For some it may be an action like a rights of passage, that makes one a man (i.e. the Nuer tribe perform a thing called 'gar' where a boy goes through a process of asking his elder female relatives if he is a man, and eventually the females agree that he is ready, and then he goes through a scarification ceremony of sorts, where the elder men cut lines into his forehead, called 'gar', and then he is considered a 'man'. Others believe that you become a 'man' once you have intercourse with someone.

That being said, I wonder if what you are really asking is 'what do women look for in a man?'. Which leads me to the second penny of thought...
I personally look for integrity, respect for self and others, honesty, trust, confidence and humility, a sense of realness and acceptance in being human, for both himself and others (we all are human and are bound to f@#k up), someone who is both a dreamer and a doer...

oh yeah... and I suppose the size thing matters! Rolling Eyes

Humour is good too!

good luck gathering your findings!
wow the story behind the tribe was great how do you know such things? also thanks for taking the time and sharing your thoughts. not asking for myself what women look for in a man but that is cool allways am willing to pick up tips here and there. was more trying to see women and mens thoughts on the topic. as far as the size thing goes i've heard many a tails from both men and women on that topic Wink apperently you crushed dews nads Laughing sorry neal all in good fun Smile

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:30 am   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX9b7ybKdek

Wink
hah that was shot in 1990 but looked so 70's i don't even know who that dude is but it was a funny vid

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:33 am   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
Been waiting five pages....and no one has posted the obvious...SO

MEN= snakes and snails, and puppy dog tails.
Woman= MY DANG RIB Laughing Laughing

Dag-jim i was holding on like Lane Frost, Checking the list as 318830 typed off. Was really excited...all them checks in a row.....Then she had to go and put size in the list, ooooohhhh what a buck off.....and then the bull stepped on my gonads on the way out the arena. Well, you know what they say about getting back on......NEXT Laughing

P.s. Well, you know what they say about getting back on....NEXT.

This part is what you do after divorce too. Only difference is this time look for a SMALLER one to ride. Laughing
shit neal you make me laugh sorry if ya got divorsed but hell theres another fish in the sea so to say but we are all but one of many

Mir

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:37 am   Reply with quote         

I have just been through the rough phases of two teenage sons, and the question of I am a man now has come up more than a few times in the process, so I think I have thought about it this more than once. What I always said to my sons was you know you are a MAN when:
you say "No this drink will be one too many"
you do what you have to do in the morning to get up and do an honest day's work.
you do not trash a women no matter how trashy she may be.
you enjoy life to the fullest without hurting anyone else while you do it.
you respect yourself so others will respect you also
you only raise your fists in defense of your life.
choose your friends they can make you or break you.
look after your body and your soul (don't mean you need to be religious but by having good moral values)

More often than not it will not be easy but if you keep them as your objectives in life than it probably means you're on the right path.

A woman does not usually know herself what to look for in an man, but every woman knows she's onto a good thing when she sees the qualities mentioned above. The rest will follow naturally.

If I had a daughter I would say" Guard your self respect with your life" if you have that no man can ever hurt you".

All this may be old fashioned and from a different culture but that is the way I look at it.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:43 am   Reply with quote         

Mir wrote:
I have just been through the rough phases of two teenage sons, and the question of I am a man now has come up more than a few times in the process, so I think I have thought about it this more than once. What I always said to my sons was you know you are a MAN when:
you say "No this drink will be one too many"
you do what you have to do in the morning to get up and do an honest day's work.
you do not trash a women no matter how trashy she may be.
you enjoy life to the fullest without hurting anyone else while you do it.
you respect yourself so others will respect you also
you only raise your fists in defense of your life.
choose your friends they can make you or break you.
look after your body and your soul (don't mean you need to be religious but by having good moral values)

More often than not it will not be easy but if you keep them as your objectives in life than it probably means you're on the right path.

A woman does not usually know herself what to look for in an man, but every woman knows she's onto a good thing when she sees the qualities mentioned above. The rest will follow naturally.

If I had a daughter I would say" Guard your self respect with your life" if you have that no man can ever hurt you".

All this may be old fashioned and from a different culture but that is the way I look at it.
thanks mir for taking part in the thread i find nothing wrong w/ old fashioned those are good traits to have and good points were made Wink

Oscar

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:35 am   Reply with quote         

Out in the wild Very Happy

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:22 am   Reply with quote         

hah oscar thats funny wher did you get that one off of myspace and you did a good job on changing my cloths lol Laughing Laughing Laughing

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:19 pm   Reply with quote         

My ADD kept me from reading all the responses so I can only give my $0.02 (US) random stream-of-consciousness answer:

1. A man is male by birth. Sorry if that offends transgenders but it's just my opinion. I still treat any sex-change person with respect that any human being deserves though.

2. A man is respectful of others as long as they are respectful of him. To know how to handle those that aren't respectful to him please see #'s 3 through 5 and then remember the "walk away" principle.

3. A man is doesn't stoop to the level of those that don't respect him.

4. A man is does not confuse fear with respect. This is bully/hoodlum/gang banger mentality. Three different terms for "loser".

5. A man is tolerant up to the point of compromising his values. Once you compromise your values you've compromised your integrity and anything else doesn't count until you get your integrity back.

6. A man is honest about everything even if it means owning up to your own mistakes/faults/weaknesses. If you're wrong or do wrong then admit it.

7. A man is someone who earns his keep to the best of his ability. The generosity of others is a gift not a right so don't expect others to be your personal gift horse. And don't give me crap about disabilities. I said a man earns his keep to the BEST OF HIS ABILITIES. I know plenty of disabled fellas (and fillies) that work more than many able-bodies I've seen.

8. A man is not afraid to cry when and where it's appropriate. When my father-in-law died I sobbed at the funeral. When my kids were born I cried in joy and relief that both they and my wife were okay. When I sprained my back last month I cried from the agonizing pain I was in. Crying does not equate to weakness it equates to an outlet. (Just don't go crying over crap like not being in someone's top 8 list of friends on their MySpace page.)

9. A man is willing to learn throughout his entire life. Never make the mistake of thinking you already know enough.

10. A man is someone who is willing to put himself in harm's way if it means protecting someone they love; willing to fight when there is no other recourse; and able to tell when these two situations occur.

11. A man is someone who can come up with 11 things for a list like this. Razz

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - question for evryone - Reply to topic