Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Serps makes the glossy pages.... kind of - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:14 am   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
what gives w/ that? can any one do anything about that as in are our images created by use of source pictures here at psc copyrighted in any way? if so how and should we take action against these people? i do reconize that first link that brad posted (window one).... just wondering.
-m-
hah finally found it here is the link: http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/90546/display.html

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:03 am   Reply with quote         

[quote="DaVinci"]"maybe we should all google our entry names to see who is violating our copyrights and PSC's."
/quote]

there's no copyright of any kind here

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:46 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Stephen. We give credit on our Credits page for those who send material to our site. We will be contacting the 2 who have sent us the 4 pictures you detail below. And thanks for bringing the photoshopcontest.com site to our attention - I have been able to track down the WindowHanging picture there, but none of the other 3. It is always our intent to ensure that we give credit to the original authors of all of our material, and in the case of those pictures where it can be shown to us that the artwork did not come to us from its original source we either remove the image from our site or offer to give full credit to the original author(s) (FYI - please refer to our credits @ http://www.joe-ks.com/credits.htm). Once again, thanks for sending this to us - we will check into this to verify details of same.

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Update:

Quote:
Stephen - FYI that I've followed up on this, and agree that the 'moving in' image does appear to originate from the photoshopcontest site. As a first step towards clearing this up, FYI that I've revised credits for same to the true author (thbeghin) @
http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_mar2007/WindowHanging.htm
and given credit for same @
http://www.joe-ks.com/credits.htm#movingin
Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. Are you one, or the author, for the links below, or do you have a suggestion as to who to contact @ the photoshopcontest site for further details? As well, we are in the process of conatcting the 2 who sent us these links to clarify where they were obtained.
Cheers,
Joe Defries
the joe in joe-ks.com

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

how about removing the joe-ks watermark from the images

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:48 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
i agree!!! how bout letting thbeghin's name appeaer on the image and i didn't see how that 1st link gave credit to him only the second. also is it true we don't have a copyright here?

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I'll email him back with the suggestions... Twisted Evil

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
vokaris wrote:
i agree!!! how bout letting thbeghin's name appeaer on the image and i didn't see how that 1st link gave credit to him only the second. also is it true we don't have a copyright here?

Actually, if you mouseover Theirry's image, it does come up with a "thanks to PSC"

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:24 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
vokaris wrote:

Actually, if you mouseover Theirry's image, it does come up with a "thanks to PSC"
shit man i must be blind i still don't see it Shocked

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Can you see me now? Very Happy

maikrphone's mouse is still credited to an Idske Mulder and the Scooping Dog to a Cathy Young

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Thanks for your response, Stephen. FYI that ALL of the images we receive from readers of our site & subsequently post come with NO watermark data. If images come to our site with watermark data, we do not use it. As to how to ascertain WHERE those images come from, I challenge anyone to verify where they originally receive ANY image that it is indeed THE original source. As well, when we randomly check for similar images on google images, often we see MANY other sites that already have that same image on their own site, so it is virtually impossible for us to track down original sources. BUT that does not mean that we don't try our best. I challenge anyone on the internet to come up with full credits like we do - in fact, we require first & last names for submission of our material. For example, how I am to know who 'thebeghin' or 'fempie' are? We're not perfect, but we do try to track down original sourcing.

One of the reasons we do add our domain to the watermark is to encourage this type of feedback so that we can track down original authors - and - when we do receive feedback such as yours - either remove the image or give true credit where credit is due. FYI that now that we are aware of the 2 images you've given me links to, we have removed our logo from those pictures. As well, I have made mention of PSC for the cat and mice pic link you've just sent me:
http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_dec2007/MiceCrawlingCat.htm
and have revised & updated our credits page @
http://www.joe-ks.com/credits.htm#photoshopcontest

As an aside, now that you've brought the PSC site to my attention, I love the concept - quite similar to http://www.worth1000.com/ but very interesting on it s own. And as another step of 'good faith' please let your members know that I've created a link on my "GR8 Site Links" page (actually many growing pages) for browsers on our site to join in with the fun @ PSC: http://www.joe-ks.com/GR8SiteLinks.htm (under the 'Blogs' section on the left side...) Instead of a confrontational approach, I'd love to do a win-win with PSC - perhaps where we can use images from PSC - with full credit details to PSC - in exchange for using them on our site... we're now @ 8 million hits/month...

Cheers,
joe
joe-ks.com

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Serps makes the glossy pages.... kind of - Reply to topic