Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - h2h round4 in review - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post Mon May 04, 2009 8:21 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

no, really... you needed from 1am to 8am to replace the background and paste a yeti and some rabbits (with some fucked up shadows under them and a friggin motion blur on their backs)? you REALLY needed 7 hours for that?
no pun intended, but I made my round 2 crab in 1 hours at work, after a weekend at the hospital and after a day at work, still having to go home, eat fast, and go back to the hospital... I bet you could have done better than that in 7 hours... you just got lazy...

I never said I took 7 hours, actually. I said between 1am and time of submission. (Not that it makes any difference in this case, but I would have had only 6 hours anyway since I'm not in the same timezone as the PSC clock.) I actually spent less than an hour working on what I ended up submitting, not out of laziness, but because I was tired as hell, so yes, you're right, I could have definitely done better had I spent 7 hours working on the chop I submitted.

I guess you wouldn't know, but I spent Sunday night-Monday morning driving non-stop for 1100 miles to get back home in time to take a shower, get dressed and go to work, where I was at until 11:40pm. Got out, drove home and had to do my chop. Instead of flaking out and not submitting anything, I actually tried to do something.
I didn't "paste" a yeti, I actually made that, thank you very much. I spent much of the time I had cleaning up the source.
I cleaned the sky and snow, separated all the buildings and trees, and then I had to actually think of something to do with it. I had trouble finding some images to work with for my actual idea, finally gave up from exhaustion since I only had 4 hours to sleep before I had to get back up for work again. So yeah, not lazy.

How much time did you spend on this masterpiece, might I ask?

Post Mon May 04, 2009 8:56 pm   Reply with quote         

probably 1/2 an hour... but I never aleged I didn't have time for it... I expressively pointed out I choked hard.

point is, even if I had short time, I'd try hard, if I was to blame external factors... the baloon didn't ring any bells on me, and I assumed my fault widely... not blaming external factors that alegedly didn't allow me to do good.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Mon May 04, 2009 9:11 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
probably 1/2 an hour... but I never aleged I didn't have time for it... I expressively pointed out I choked hard.

point is, even if I had short time, I'd try hard, if I was to blame external factors... the baloon didn't ring any bells on me, and I assumed my fault widely... not blaming external factors that alegedly didn't allow me to do good.

I also have said multiple times that I was not inspired at all by the source, and choked. I also did not fail to "try hard." I did the best I could at the time. As I have already said, just now, and in the past, the chop I submitted was not my original idea. That was what I finally ended doing because my original idea was not working out and I couldn't keep my eyes open.

As for "blaming external factors," you're the one who brought up the whole "external factors" sob story of you being at the hospital. I was simply responding to that, since you seemed to think that it DID matter and sounded like you assumed I had a nice, pleasant day with plenty of rest before I started on my chop.
If external factors are irrelevant to you, then why did you mention them? However, if you think that fatigue and lack of sleep are not factors in how well one can think of ideas and chop, then you're a fool. I know my chop sucks ass, but it's not a "no-show" no matter which way you look at it.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - h2h round4 in review - Reply to topic