Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - My personal world got shook up today. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Guns don't kill people....the bullets do

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:56 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm glad you are posting this. You have to be all over the place with something like this. Every time I hear about these things I just can't believe it. I never thought there could be this much danger when I see my kids going to school in the morning and have the horrifying thought of thinking "what if". I haven't been hit as close to home as you were and I'm sorry for the shake up you must be having. Hug them and love them and don't take anyone for granted. I just had a big heart to heart with my older daughter the other day that went on for about 2 1/2 hrs. In it I had to opportunity to explain to her that I don't get to tell her as much as I should but that I was very proud of her in the way she lives her life. Just an honest feeling that I had expressed to her but she broke down crying. I had no idea at the time I was saying it of how much it meant to her to hear it. Well I'm rambling but I'm sorry for what your daughter and the others went through as well as the families. Hang in there my friend. Wink

Dot

Location: Tacoma, WA since march 2010, born and raised in Belgium

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
In it I had to opportunity to explain to her that I don't get to tell her as much as I should but that I was very proud of her in the way she lives her life. Just an honest feeling that I had expressed to her but she broke down crying.

If all parents would do that once in a while...maybe all this shit wouldn't happen that often.

Tofu...a lot of bad things happen in this world..and sadly enough there's not always much we can do about it...so I wish you a lot of strength and hope nothing like this will ever happen again in your and your childrens life.

Here's a little text i translated from dutch:
Never leave without a kiss...
without a sweet word...
Because what's here today,
can be gone tomorrow.

sounds a bit hard maybe...but it's true.

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:03 pm   Reply with quote         

There's yet another part to the back story explaining my anxiety over this. There was an incident a few months ago not far from here (maybe an 45-minutes to an hour away). A teen brought multiple guns to the school and he killed the principal Mr. Klang. The reason behind the attack? The kid had been given an in-house suspension for bringing tobacco to school.

One account of the story wrote:

Klang then went into the hallway and confronted Hainstock. A teacher said that after the shots were fired, Klang, already wounded, wrestled the shooter to the ground and swept away the gun, the complaint said. Students and staff detained Hainstock until police arrived, Barrett said.

No one else was injured. Klang was shot in the head, chest and leg, and died hours later at a hospital in Madison, authorities said.

You don't have to look far to find heroes. Sad

FootFungas

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:29 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
holy hell, scary stuff Tofu, glad it all turned out ok, gun + people = only bad things

You mean, bad/crazy people + guns = only bad things, Right?

Chicken wrote:
Guns don't kill people....the bullets do

Thats Right!

and Tofu, Maybe you should send your kids to school with kevlar.

Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:28 am   Reply with quote         

i thought the tissue damage resulting from an open wound causing a secondary compllications caused death.

bullets without kinetic energy are harmless unless swallowed.

Shocked

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - My personal world got shook up today. - Reply to topic