Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Let's Share other kind of artworks (#2) - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

nevet

Post Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:06 pm   Reply with quote         

These were colored in the computer....

This one was done in FreeHand... It took forever to do, not my desine tho, just a copy since it was a project for a course i took in computer graphics....

there is a very nice program called painter by corel and combined with a wacom tablet it makes the whole thing a lot more easy... esp if you have painted with real brushed and paints before Smile

my gallery

P@u

Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:58 am   Reply with quote         

I must say everybody have a natural talent here! Congratulations to all... I love paintings.

I have a few ones scanned, I showed them in the old forum, but here they go again:

Pencils:

George Michael, in pencil too:

Some watercolours:

(this I copied from a picture made by my grandfather... I never got to know him, but he was an excellent artist.

Acrilics:

And so on, I donīt want to get you bored.

P@u

Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:01 am   Reply with quote         

Sorry, Iīll resize them when I get home... I didnīt realize they were so big.

Gort

Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:34 am   Reply with quote         

...and now for something completely different

3D carving-in-reverse done in solid blocks of acrylic. The carving is done disturbing only the bottom of the material, slowly working upwards. The 'subject' is what is removed. You are looking at what is NOT there.

Square

Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:17 am   Reply with quote         

Gort, you did those? I find that type of art thoroughly intrigueing, and even more so after your explaination. Great job!

Hell, I like everything people have posted here.

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/
Gort

Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:51 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks Square. Yes, I carved that piece and many others. All three pics are of the same piece. There is a difficulty in photographing this type of work because of all the reflections thrown about by the acrylic surfaces, as you can see by the corner shot.

YerPalAl

Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:58 am   Reply with quote         

Amazing stuff folks, thank you.

P@u

Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Gort, thatīs absolutely incredible... I still donīt get how you do this... Lovely.

Gort

Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:23 pm   Reply with quote         

P@u...I start with a solid block of cast acrylic, then using a Dremel tool, I start carving away at the bottom. I work my way up into the material as I carve. The carved surface takes on a frosted appearance, so when I'm done it looks as if there is a solid scene imbedded in the material, when in fact you could put your hand up inside the carving...carved in reverse. Many hours of work!

screwloose

Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Holy Crap Gort! That's Amazing! How big are they? Have you do anything other shapes like animals or people?

And P@u your stuff is great too!

Like Al said, amzing stuff from everybody!

Gort

Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:29 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks, screwloose...I've done a series for a local gallery and also for one in Philadelphia. In both cases we would pick one building a year on the Historic Register and I would do 24 pcs. of that building. They were signed and numbered and folks could buy one piece or sign up to get the whole series of the same numbered piece. I also enjoy doing medieval castle scenes and, my favorite, science fiction. The historic ones were small...about 2 inches on average to keep the price low. The biggest ones are 5x5x7 inches...like this

Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:47 pm   Reply with quote         

All this great work is simply amazing!!!

Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:26 pm   Reply with quote         

wow ..i can't even begin to say how cool these are to me--you have amazing talent bro-- everyone else 2 screwloose..nice..crabby patty..cynn...all this work is awsome..i'm totally humbled--holly9k(if i left anyone out it's cause i'm crying)

Terminator!

Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Wow. You are all so talented!!!
Gort!!! All I can say is, "Gort!!!"
Hot Fudge, baby! that stuff is amazing! Keep up the great work! That goes for the rest of you too.
I look at other people's stuff and I say to myself, "Self, You just plain suck."
I am completely humbled by the talent of everybody else on this site.

Post Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:02 am   Reply with quote         

Drew this today with my Intuos3.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Let's Share other kind of artworks (#2) - Reply to topic