Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Houston we have a problem.... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Designed2522

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:56 am   Reply with quote         

so the other day I was looking through the forums when I cam across the message about another one of ReyRey's pictures being posted on Pxleyes.com. I reviewed the website and started looking at other artist work and all of the sudden I got attack by a virus.... I continued to get pop ups about purchasing "XP Security tool 2010" to remove the problem.... I went online and found a program called "REMOVEIT" which stated that it worked to remove this malware. I downloaded the program and ran the virus scan which in turn quarentined a mess of files including some nessessary apps that help to run all of the programs on my computer.... now everytime I attempt to access the internet or any programs currently on my computer I get this message.... "which program would like to use to view this document" or something to that effect.... I've done a little research to find out what the hell I did and I continued to get this message

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe Application Not Found

now I found some forums in regards to other people having this same problem and what there stating is that I am missing the "rundll32.exe" app.... I went to my girls computer copied the app and put it in its location as directed by the forum but this did not solve the problem...

has anyone ever had this happen to them or ever used the REMOVEIT tool? Crying or Very sad

Designed2522

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:59 am   Reply with quote         

PS- I blame this completely on REY REY Rolling Eyes .... $750 will certianly clear this problem up!!! Very Happy

annajon

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Can you go back to a previous set up of your computer?

I mean, if you add something to your computer, usually there is a date before the time you did this change, to which you can fall back, in case something goes wrong, yes?

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I've never user RemoveIT, and I couldn't find too many reviews for the program. The ones I found were not very positive.

I would use system restore to go back to the point before you installed RemoveIT. Try the free version of malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/)

Install and keep updated a decent antivirus package. If your price range is "free", go with Avast, Avira or AVG.

annajon

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:10 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
I've never user RemoveIT, and I couldn't find too many reviews for the program. The ones I found were not very positive.

I would use system restore to go back to the point before you installed RemoveIT. Try the free version of malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/)

Install and keep updated a decent antivirus package. If your price range is "free", go with Avast, Avira or AVG.

................ that was what I was trying to say too

seamusoisin

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Malwarebytes as stated above. Worked on mine before christmas.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
supak0ma

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:36 pm   Reply with quote         

either restore as voks said, or download hijackthis! and post the log here, restore would be best tho

Designed2522

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:49 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:

thanks for all your responses, however the "system restore" function was my first solution however, even when I go to my control panel or atempt to click on the system restore function i get the same message "please pick the program to which you would like to open this file".... any other sugestions?

Sanctuary

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Me!!!
I got the same problem.
It wouldn't let me to connect for the internet.

Then i took it to c0mputer workshop and they formated my comp without my permission.
But the problem solved.

Luckily i've saved my psd on flashdisk.

Tesore

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Maybe you download a fake program (hear that all the time) and you have a nasty virus! You need real help!

Yeah yeah... I'm a big help. Sorry! Confused

annajon

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:48 pm   Reply with quote         

http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1211289.htm

Maybe this could help....

Reading the google pages on the subject, I can only conclude that the problem has been circulating for the past three years already....

Hope it helps.

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Try creating a report with hijackthis http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Have you tried system Restore on safe mode?. One of the antivirus programs i use is Clamwin:http://www.clamwin.com/. Have been using it for some time with good results. It is free.

charliesou

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Search for this..
FixExe.reg (bleepingcomputer.com is where i got it )

It repairs registry fuck ups related to your infestation.
Research it and you'll find similar stories .. I used it on my pal's pc last week and it brought his back to life.
Hope this helps.
ps malwarebytes scan was run after downloading and installing this file ..and, touch wood ,all is well.
All the best
Charlie

charliesou

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:46 pm   Reply with quote         

(XP Security tool 2010)

Yup, thats the same one my friend had.
Blast it out of the god damn airlock !!
And.....be careful out there .
Charlie

Wink

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Houston we have a problem.... - Reply to topic