Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Hello - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Mon May 04, 2009 9:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey everyone, just wanted to write quick and say hello. I am, technically, new to this site. I just registered this evening, just a few moments ago, but have been following these contests and viewing all the works posted on this sight for nearly a year and a half now. Why I am getting around to just now registering, I don't know, but I figured now is the time =) I really am only a beginner to Photoshop...I use CS3, but between school, work, etc., it seems I'm never able to find the time to really learn the program. Just for a little background, my name is Micah, I am 17, currently enrolled in a graphic design class at a local tech school, and will be graduating there in just under a month now. As I said before, my schedule seems quite busy at all times, so I don't know when I'll actually be able to post my first chops. I'm really just joining so that I can learn to use the programs. I'm not so worried of competing, as I know from viewing some of the psc masters, I don't have to worry about chopping that well for some time =) Glad to be part of this site...if you guys have any recommendations for tutorials for beginner to intermediate level users that might be useful to me, please let me know. I've viewed countless tutorials on the web in the past few years but I know theres still plenty of good one's out there. If you know any good sources for tutorials please let me know as well and I'll try to check them out in my spare time so I can start posting some respectable chops here =)

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon May 04, 2009 9:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Wecome to PSC Micah, good luck and chop something soon, as we say here "STFUAC" Very Happy (but I mean that in a good way)

TJ

Post Mon May 04, 2009 9:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Shut up and get choppin'

Just kidding! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think the only way you will learn is just do you best and the people here at PSC will help.

Lets see what you have and welcome in.

Now CHOP! Very Happy

splodge

Post Mon May 04, 2009 9:26 pm   Reply with quote         

not a spammer, chop chop

Hallcross Toots
Tesore

Post Mon May 04, 2009 10:58 pm   Reply with quote         

No spam? Confused
I spammers! Especially the whoosy sound they make when they fly by!

Welcome Wink

YerPalAl

Post Mon May 04, 2009 11:00 pm   Reply with quote         

This is a great place to learn, welcome aboard. Very Happy

mikey

Post Tue May 05, 2009 12:01 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome, feel free to ask questions. Cool some of us have been doing this for a while. Very Happy

Post Tue May 05, 2009 12:11 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome, Micah...hope you enjoy yourself Very Happy

Post Tue May 05, 2009 1:40 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Welcome, Micah...hope you enjoy yourself Very Happy

that's what she said...

Welcome Micah

fempie

Post Tue May 05, 2009 2:16 am   Reply with quote         

have a fun time here! Smile

Post Tue May 05, 2009 5:50 am   Reply with quote         

proteus wrote:
Hey everyone, just wanted to write quick and say hello. I am, technically, new to this site. I just registered this evening, just a few moments ago, but have been following these contests and viewing all the works posted on this sight for nearly a year and a half now. Why I am getting around to just now registering, I don't know, but I figured now is the time =) I really am only a beginner to Photoshop...I use CS3, but between school, work, etc., it seems I'm never able to find the time to really learn the program. Just for a little background, my name is Micah, I am 17, currently enrolled in a graphic design class at a local tech school, and will be graduating there in just under a month now. As I said before, my schedule seems quite busy at all times, so I don't know when I'll actually be able to post my first chops. I'm really just joining so that I can learn to use the programs. I'm not so worried of competing, as I know from viewing some of the psc masters, I don't have to worry about chopping that well for some time =) Glad to be part of this site...if you guys have any recommendations for tutorials for beginner to intermediate level users that might be useful to me, please let me know. I've viewed countless tutorials on the web in the past few years but I know theres still plenty of good one's out there. If you know any good sources for tutorials please let me know as well and I'll try to check them out in my spare time so I can start posting some respectable chops here =)

Welcome to PSC and enjoy..... Wink

Tarmac

Post Tue May 05, 2009 10:24 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome, Micah. Cool moniker. I like it. Smile

Tawiskaro

Post Tue May 05, 2009 11:24 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome.

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Tue May 05, 2009 12:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome to PSC. Very Happy

Enjoy your stay, because you can't leave.

Tommeken

Post Tue May 05, 2009 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome... Very Happy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Hello - Reply to topic