Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A Good Cause - Reply to topic

j-elzic

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi folks...I know that I haven't participated in a while here, but I still check it out...you guys have moved way out of my league!

Disclaimer: If posting this out of nowhere is inappropriate, then by all means, please delete the post. I do not want to upset anybody with this interuption.

Anyhoo...I got an email from my dad a couple days ago, I am pasting it below. As a favor to him, I am trying to share this with as many people as I can. I don't know how many of you have ever been involved with, or have used the services of a hospice organization, but they are truely are amazing. It definately takes a special kind of person to work in that field. My Aunt Linda (Dad's sister) is one of those special people.

Dad's email:

"Friends,I have a special favor to ask… You may or may not know that Wells Fargo Bank is currently running a contest (promotion)called Someday, Someway. Basically, it’s an opportunity for some folks to get a monetary boost in making their dreams come true. My sister Linda has, for some time, been working on opening Rye Angel House, a palliative care facility in Rye, Colorado. Linda has been a hospice nurse for over twenty years. That fact, plus having lost her oldest daughter, Michelle, to breast cancer two years ago, gives her an understanding of the needs of the terminally ill far beyond what most of us ever will have. Unfortunately, like the rest of us, she can advance her dreams no faster than the funds accrue.Recently, my niece Mary (Linda’s youngest daughter) entered the Wells Fargo contest with an essay describing her mom’s dream. To our delight, she was selected as one of five finalists and received a $10,000 check from Wells Fargo, which of course went immediately to further the Angel House effort. Additionally,the Wells Fargo folks are lending their business expertise and assisting with the business plan for Angel House.The GRAND PRIZE winner will be the finalist gathering the most votes by the time the contest concludes November 10th (This is where YOU come in…) and will receive $100,000. Each person(that is, each email address) can vote only once.PLEASE visit the contest website: http://memelabs.com/somedaystories/ , read the story (Mary from CO) and cast your vote. If your other household members have individual email addresses, they can each vote. It will only take a few minutes and you have a chance to help Linda help others. You also will have the opportunity to help direct some more of Wells Fargo’s money to your choice of Habitat for Humanity, Junior Achievement or Boys and Girls Clubs. Trish and I appreciate your help in this effort and encourage you to pass this along to your friends with your endorsement and our blessing. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Thanks in advance,
Bob & Trish Endicott"

Again, please delete this message if it is not welcome. If you can, take a couple minutes to check out the contest, and vote.

Thanks.

Synthvet

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:58 pm   Reply with quote         

this is a very good cause!!!!............. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

rockyjob

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah, agreed.
P.S. You should chop again Very Happy
Great work from you

Mir

Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:08 am   Reply with quote         

good cause, every little helps..

Do come back and play sometime.

Sjitske

Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:11 am   Reply with quote         

yup good cause Wink voted!

Miss SS

Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

Boo!... people outside the US can't vote as it doesn't recognise the zipcode (or postcode in the uk) Shocked

... shame I can't help. Sad Sad

Great cause....

Sjitske

Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:31 pm   Reply with quote         

can't vote outside the US? whoops I just filled in a random US zipcode Wink hehe

Miss SS

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:51 am   Reply with quote         

Ah ha! Sneaky... but I like it!!... Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A Good Cause - Reply to topic