Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Pocketwatch Chop that didn't make it - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:17 am   Reply with quote         

Here is a GIF entry that I was working on but never completed since real life is time consuming. I thought some of you might like to see what I had in mind...

What is is, basically, is a watch that uses (nonexistent, as far as I know) "micro"-laser diodes and fiber optics to tell the time. Using 60 green lasers to represent each second, 72 red lasers for minutes and hours, and 12 blue lasers for the 5 minute markers. The lasers are shot from opposite sides, or slightly angled from a more-or-less opposite side, into a diffusing optic fiber; there is a fiber dedicated to each individual laser. Each set of lasers are layered slightly to maximize beam efficiency by avoiding crossing the other sets of colored lasers. The optic fibers transfer the light to each corresponding "dot."

It's really complicated, and I've since then come up with a much better design that could actually be a possible to produce as a real-world product (although expensive as hell; read Steve Jobs as a potential customer...)

I might make a pure-PS version to better show the idea, but I dunno. Just thought some of you gif-lovers might like it.

this high tech and exremely intricate watch is very modern and yet retains the classic style of analog watches. The use of military grade lasers and hybrid battery technology, combined with the precision skills of master watch builders brings this one-of-a-kind watch to you for only $1,430,000. Limited to a production of 5 units.

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:20 am   Reply with quote         

oh yeah; the beams aren't really high-powered, otherwise it'd run out of battery power in 10 seconds...The otherwise invisible-to-the-human-eye beams are sealed inside an airtight chamber in the center of the watch with glass sides, filled with a gas that renders them visible.

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:20 am   Reply with quote         

Nice idea. Pity you didn't get it finished in time!

Tawiskaro

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:23 am   Reply with quote         

-

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:28 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
You could have entered it as is. Nice idea and design.
i agree there still is time and it looks pretty cool as is... i say enter it and delete the thread Wink

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:55 am   Reply with quote         

All is good. Mason's saving his best stuff for the car sources...all 6 of them.
Very Happy

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:16 am   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
Tawiskaro wrote:
i agree there still is time and it looks pretty cool as is... i say enter it and delete the thread Wink

Thanks Smile I thought about entering it, but I don't like submitting unfinished chops. This one still had quite a way to go.

Eve wrote:
Very Happy

heheh Razz unfortunately, no time to do that, although I really wanted to. I do hope to see people doing a series of themes during that week, though. Could have some really great chops coming in that time period.

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:25 am   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
Tawiskaro wrote:

Thanks Smile I thought about entering it, but I don't like submitting unfinished chops. This one still had quite a way to go.

Eve wrote:
Very Happy

heheh Razz unfortunately, no time to do that, although I really wanted to. I do hope to see people doing a series of themes during that week, though. Could have some really great chops coming in that time period.
ok then... if i do a series of all the car chops would you consider finishing the chop? and submiting it while the comp is still open???
-m-

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
mellowdesign

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:56 am   Reply with quote         

I like it!

Real life sucks, eh?! Wink

Very Happy

ReyRey

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:16 am   Reply with quote         

coooooooool!

kinetic_be

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:56 am   Reply with quote         

That's pretty neat!
You should have posted it like it is, would still have scored pretty high, I'm sure.

Still, not too late to post Smile

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:12 am   Reply with quote         

Niiiiiiiiiiiice Cool

Granulated

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:31 am   Reply with quote         

good stuff...enter the damned thing and delete the thread...this will still get top 3 !!!!

seelcraft

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:58 am   Reply with quote         

Just enter it!!

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:02 am   Reply with quote         

its better than mine... and ohhh its a gif! people love gifs! or was that gifts? I get confused. Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Pocketwatch Chop that didn't make it - Reply to topic