Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Someone is stealing H2H!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

cafn8d

Post Sun May 25, 2008 2:08 am   Reply with quote         

Mason, there's a site that takes over your browser and repeatedly plays that music video. You cannot close the window, quit the browser, or do any other functions. You HAVE to force quit (on a Mac) the browser... or reboot. It's viral and malicious, though not ultimately harmful if the victim knows how to get rid of it without rebooting (many people don't).

Synthvet

Post Sun May 25, 2008 2:11 am   Reply with quote         

Nobody said anything about it taking over a computer.......I just put a value on the time I spend on a project

And when I lose it because i have to reboot my computer......I'm Pissed!!!!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun May 25, 2008 2:15 am   Reply with quote         

Mason...do not MUCK with FAF, she's got raging CARMONES.
Laughing

Post Sun May 25, 2008 2:17 am   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
Mason, there's a site that takes over your browser and repeatedly plays that music video. You cannot close the window, quit the browser, or do any other functions. You HAVE to force quit (on a Mac) the browser... or reboot. It's viral and malicious, though not ultimately harmful if the victim knows how to get rid of it without rebooting (many people don't).

see, that's what I was talking about. That is NOT a regular Rickroll, that is what I thought it was in the first place. That is not a cool thing to do, so anger is justified.

Post Sun May 25, 2008 2:17 am   Reply with quote         

The link he posted makes it look AS IF you've lost control of your computer. It actually only takes over your browser, but if you don't know what you are doing, it can make you think something worse is happening. And it lasts for minutes...not seconds.

It was not a simple YouTube video.

But what makes it worse is deceiving people into clicking the link by making them think they are going somewhere else.

For the unsuspecting user this can be very confusing.

Post Sun May 25, 2008 2:24 am   Reply with quote         

Ok, that is what I was asking. That's no regular rickroll, even if it used the song and/or video. No one was being specific other than saying "rickroll" so it seemed like you were all way overreacting, at least to someone who didn't see the linked page. Ignore my previous comments then.

Post Sun May 25, 2008 3:35 am   Reply with quote         

For shame:.
Didnt your mother teach you how to make friends?
Mad Sad Mad

annajon

Post Sun May 25, 2008 6:22 am   Reply with quote         

There is another side to this whole debacle, Oscar...

You like to mess people up, when you post on the forum. People don't want to listen to you anymore. And when they don't want to take you serious anymore, one day you will get ignored when you do need help for sure.

It's just like that story of the boy who cries wolf...

Post Sun May 25, 2008 7:42 am   Reply with quote         

Browser hijackers have NO place ANYwhere.

dewdew

Post Sun May 25, 2008 10:42 am   Reply with quote         

What the bloody blue blazing flames of hell is going on here. Everyone know's i am the most HATED person at PSC. Oscar links a so-called RICKROLL Question and now he gets the title....WTF???. Now i had to earn my way to the title by posting a few I'M PISSED threads....i had to be beat down by the whole site.....i had to be beaten to a pulp by ANFA and that damn ORANGE robo chop....IT's just not fair.....it's not fair at all......You can't just give my title away like that. Now i know how ALI felt when he was stripped of the title. Well if that's the way it's going to be FINE, BUT let me tell ya now....IF anyone tries and take over the lowest PSC SCORE on the site....YOU'll have one hell of a fight on ya hands. Because no-one chops a shittier chop than me Shocked and gets away with it. Mr. Green

arcaico

Post Sun May 25, 2008 10:53 am   Reply with quote         

Synthvet wrote:
Nobody said anything about it taking over a computer.......I just put a value on the time I spend on a project

And when I lose it because i have to reboot my computer......I'm Pissed!!!!

I feel yer pain Synth... when I'm chopping, for work or for fun, I don't usually save it while doing it... I get way too concentrated to hit the save button every once in a while... if I had to reboot the computer, and had not saved what kinda took me hours to accomplish, I too would be pissed off... seems a new Zen is growing inside of Oscar.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

ReinMan

Post Sun May 25, 2008 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

Man. I just had to go look up RickRolled on Wikipedia.

I'm SO old. Rolling Eyes

Oscar, dude. Some of life's best lessons come from the people you gonna play and hang with.

Looks like you been schooled. Wink

I dated a 24 year old once when I was 40 (SHE chased ME, folks - I wasn't lookin for it)(and, of course, didn't say NO to it Very Happy) and here is a lesson I learned:

I had no problems accessing my "inner" 24 year old when needed, but she was challenged in accessing her "inner" 40 year old. This eventually caused problems with our relationship. But she learned some shit from me, and I in turn learned from her.

Oscar, you is the age you is and you'll most likely act that age (or less Twisted Evil )a lot in your life. That's cool and how Nature intended, it seems. But you CAN look ahead a bit if you want to. Us old folks DO have some shit to give you, if you'll take it. Bow

RashDogMan is only acting HIS age, and he did it in a pretty straightforward and non-assholic way. Some of your peers here agreed with Rash. Take a look at what we're saying dude, and then (as is always so) YOU get to make the final call.

Okay - my apologies if I've flapped off too much. It is Sunday here in Canada (don't know what kinda day the rest of you might be having Wink ) so I guess I'm feeling a little Preachy.

*P.S. AND I wanted everyone to know that I still could attract the Young Beauties when I was 40. WHooo HOOO! Now (as Borat would say) not so much Razz *

Lrossa

Post Sun May 25, 2008 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Man. I just had to go look up RickRolled on Wikipedia.
Razz *

I had to look up rickrolled too if you makes you feel any better....I can't help staring at your avi.....its kinda hypnotic....what was this thread about? Shocked

Oscar

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:06 am   Reply with quote         

I remember this like it was yesterday... good times. Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Someone is stealing H2H!!! - Reply to topic