Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - April 14 anonymous without a prize? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:56 pm   Reply with quote         

@ vokaris (so the quote reply doesn't get so long)...

for the advantage thing... in an anonymous comp i feel the new guys or non advantage members would not get the oppertunity to recv fair votes as their images will be posted later than an advantage member. so it kinda defeats any hope that they will win in an anonymous comp.

and w/ throwing an anonymous comp and having a symbol sure that would be ok, but i ment more give the people a choice to run in anonymous comps when they choose and give them the option to have that available to them every day along w/ the option for people that don't want to have to partake in an anonymous comps. this is why i mentioned the options of haveing the 2 diff types of comps being available to the members when they so choose. sure it may be more work to change it that way. but i think its a fair and reasonable idea to throw out there.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:36 pm   Reply with quote         

If ppl don't dispense all of their votes on day one and two, then the disadvantaged get a fair shake.

There was another thread showing how many disadvantaged WON comps.

1 or 2 anonymous comps per week should satisfy everyone.

Thanks, Proc.
Nemo

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:06 pm   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
for the advantage thing... in an anonymous comp i feel the new guys or non advantage members would not get the oppertunity to recv fair votes as their images will be posted later than an advantage member. so it kinda defeats any hope that they will win in an anonymous comp.
Let's agree to disagree then. In my experience, an anonymous contest gives a non-advantaged member the same, if not better, chance to place at the top. If more voters followed the logic of "let's vote on the last day", then n/a users will have the most chances. Case in point: yours truly circa 2006

Both winners in prize (anon) contests starting as non-advantage
The other one that comes to mind - Sliver's first win

again - non-advantage in a prize contest. There are probably others too.
Quote:
and w/ throwing an anonymous comp and having a symbol sure that would be ok, but i ment more give the people a choice to run in anonymous comps when they choose and give them the option to have that available to them every day along w/ the option for people that don't want to have to partake in an anonymous comps. this is why i mentioned the options of haveing the 2 diff types of comps being available to the members when they so choose. sure it may be more work to change it that way. but i think its a fair and reasonable idea to throw out there.
As Proc said - it is just testing the waters for now, maybe it takes, maybe it doesn't

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Not trying to sound elitist or anything but I have to wonder why there's concern about whether or not a non-advantage member has a fair shake?

One of the reasons Advantage is called that is that being a paid member gives you an advantage. If we try to even the playing field then what's the point of having Advantage memberships?

Is the consensus that Advantage should everything it already is minus the ability to work/enter ahead of a contest? Like I said; I'm not trying to be a jerk about it. Zero hostility on my part. Just wondering is all. Cool

splodge

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots
NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:28 pm   Reply with quote         

i'm not trying to cause any problems. granted yes advantage means just that... ADVANTAGE. all i was trying to say was a possible solution for everyone to be happy by looking at it from an open minded view from both sides of the members. no harm meant Wink only a suggestion.
-m-

Oscar

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:00 am   Reply with quote         

wow

cafn8d

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:20 am   Reply with quote         

Excellent, Procyon! I've always been in favor of regularly scheduled anon contests regardless of prizes--except for the Reunion Comps, of course! Wink I think this change might even entice me back to voting... and MAYBE even entering more often. Very Happy

Here's the "incognito" icon I'd pick: Cool or possibly spiderman

Laughing

infected

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:35 am   Reply with quote         

i think anonumous is good because some people votes friends and no works

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - April 14 anonymous without a prize? - Reply to topic