Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - ReyRey's layered file - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

ReyRey

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:49 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
I HATE this chop!

MAn, if I had even ONE masculine bone in my body I'd CRAWL THROUGH THE INTERNET AND KICK YOUR ASS!

What a SERIOUSLY STUOOPID CHOP!

Man! I can NOT believe that you'd waste my time with such a senseless and heartless expression of the complete lack of simple free-flowing carefulness that is usually expressed by those whom have feelings of caring and undying thoughtfulness regarding things that never ever... er.... um,

What were we talking about? Huh..

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Just put the gun down and step away from the computer. Everything is going to be allll right. Shocked heh Smile heh Shocked

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Stevster wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
Stevster wrote:
Tawiskaro wrote:
ReyRey,

Thanks for taking the time to share this!

--twk

Rey,
Thanks for taking the time to name your layers. Laughing
-S
Razz
I did!!! Layer 1, Layer 2, layer 3.
Figure it out ya big dummy! Laughing Laughing

The people who name their layers are the same people who have clean office desks. Cool

untrue! I name all my layers, but obviously you have never seen my desk. Shocked

It's a lot easier to be virtually organized than it is to be physically organized...

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Rey Rey thats ace work. I was wondering how you decide on what detail to add? Do you use a reference/ references and apply them to your image? I have a hard time knowing when something i make is realistic (enough for my standards atleast) or if not, what is wrong.

dumbat

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:24 pm   Reply with quote         

ReggieNoble2 wrote:
I was wondering how you decide on what detail to add? Do you use a reference/ references and apply them to your image?

good question that. reyrey do you know this stuff through experience or do you actually examine how things look in real life when you're putting a chop together?

ReyRey

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Some stuff I have done soooo many times, I don't need reference anymore. If I am not sure of something I set something up to see how light reacts or reflections look, etc. It's kind of like using a live model to paint a nude or a portrait. You study everything. Not just the fact that something reflects light or color a certain way, but why it does. If you figure out why it does, then you start to understand what makes something look real. Everything is there in real life, you just have to learn to see it. Some things may really add dimension to something and you may want to exaggerate that. (like a secondary reflective or cast color from a light source.) If you want to make something look like ice, go make ice! Hold it up to the light and see what it does. Look at it under a lupe. Check it out. Tomato ketchup has a texture. Why. Do you see the texture if the light is not hitting it right. You can color it red and call it ketchup but if you add a texture to it using lighting, that catches the eye and makes you look longer. It adds realism. Don't make things perfect. Be perfect while creating it but add some rips, rust, sparkle, holes, scratches, rough spots, ripples, freckles, pores. That's what makes it real.
Make a bottle of ketchup. Show the fine edge of the label. Add little imperfections. Add dried up ketchup on the rim under the cap. Put a dent in the metal cap. Take some of the ketchup out and show where someone scraped it out with a butter knife. Add a reflection from the overhead lights in the diner and sphere it to the round shape of the shoulders of the bottle. Go crazy! Imagine and create. Some people like to create make believe worlds, things that knowbody has ever scene. I like to create real things that people think they have seen. But I know they have never "Really" seen it the way I would like them to see it. bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ART bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Study bla bla bla bla Learn bla bla bla bla bla bla Listen bla bla bla bla bla LOOK bla bla bla bla bla and LOOK AGAIN!!!

dumbat

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:00 am   Reply with quote         

but would you cut yourself so you could do authentic blood?

Martrex

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:01 am   Reply with quote         

I like all the Blah, blah, blah, secrets! Very Happy

Martrex

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:02 am   Reply with quote         

dumbat wrote:

Only a non artist would have to ask that question! Of course for the realism. Don't you? Shocked Shocked Shocked

dumbat

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:06 am   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
dumbat wrote:

Only a non artist would have to ask that question! Of course for the realism. Don't you? Shocked Shocked Shocked

hey i actually had someone stab me in the back so i could do my 'dead guy' chop last month. i did the chop from my hospital bed

Martrex

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:37 am   Reply with quote         

dumbat wrote:
Martrex wrote:
dumbat wrote:

hey i actually had someone stab me in the back so i could do my 'dead guy' chop last month. i did the chop from my hospital bed

That's the spirit, Nothing can stop the chop! Nothing can stop the chop! Nothing can stop the chop!

ReyRey

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:19 am   Reply with quote         

Oh I almost forgot, Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,..........and Bla ,.
Got That?

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:03 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Oh I almost forgot, Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,Bla ,..........and Bla ,.
Got That?

Yup thanks, this was more along the lines of the response that i was needing. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - ReyRey's layered file - Reply to topic