Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - All source. No Reference. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Micose

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:35 pm   Reply with quote         

ah well...its just that...all source, no references are just USEFUL to know HOW the work was made...Nobody (not me at least) said its better or not, its quite important to put it in authors note...still..an INFORMATION u know.....
Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
Red sauce is my fave.

I also like tartar sauce and certain brands of BBQ sauce.

SP Sauce? Does that sauce classify as a BB! sauce or Tomato? Hmm?

acemanoj

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:56 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Who cares. Argh JMO

I disagree. May be some members care...I think so.
See reyrey....IMHO you are one of the finest chopper in PSC. The only name 'ReyRey' is enough for members to know that the chop is been finely gone through the photoshop machine. But what about some other members....they need a phrase(all source) proof to go through the votes.
I am recently obsessed with this phrase.....may be I am overdoing it...but that what makes it sure, that I have not used any externals.
I myself get stun with some members work....then I ask myself....is that really made by him/her?. I think that what so ever...all source or externals.....every one should mention 'behind the scene' of that chop.

Well what do you think???

Wiz

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:26 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Who cares. Argh JMO

"Ditto 'Who Cares!' IDGAF as long as it's HP!" Razz

ReyRey

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:38 pm   Reply with quote         

People know when they are being dishonest and their conscience will be their judge. Or the members will run them through the ringer. Nobody gets away with anything around here, so be honest to yourself and don't worry about dumb phrases. If you do win by cheating, it will be a hollow win with no meaning and you will know it and it won't make you proud. Judge yourself first. Do something to make yourself proud, no to make other people think you are awesome. Wink If you can make a much better image by using other outside sources, then do it!! Just make sure that your idea is the main source of that image.

ReyRey

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:53 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:01 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
People know when they are being dishonest and their conscience will be their judge. Or the members will run them through the ringer. Nobody gets away with anything around here, so be honest to yourself and don't worry about dumb phrases. If you do win by cheating, it will be a hollow win with no meaning and you will know it and it won't make you proud. Judge yourself first. Do something to make yourself proud, no to make other people think you are awesome. Wink If you can make a much better image by using other outside sources, then do it!! Just make sure that your idea is the main source of that image.

Sorry to disaggree on the above highlighted point (and maybe you were being sarcastic, though I see no SARCASTIC SMILEY to notify my of your intended sarcasm! Razz)...

I've notice a number of times posts in the top 5 getting tons of votes, and then someone mentions a shadow is wrong, or a perspective is out. Sometimes the poster corrects these things, and other times they don't. What I've noticed is that PEOPLE VOTED EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE SERIOUS "chopping" ISSUES with the post. And some of the people who voted are actually pretty good choppers and should know better.

It pisses me off when people gets votes because of WHAT THEY'VE DONE or their REP. We should be voting on EACH IMAGE AS A SEPARATE ENTITY. PERIOD. And if a "big shot" chopper has f*cked up we should TAKE AWAY points from them for being lazy and just letting their Common Fan Club carry them along on yet another slide into the top ten.

okay... as Blurker would say "I'll get off my soap box now...".
(previous statement © Blue Lurker, somewhere in Oz)

Love and 1st of December Seasonally Appropriate Hugs to All!
ReinDear reindeer

ReyRey

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:43 pm   Reply with quote         

You speak the truth o' wise one. Bow

dewdew

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:33 pm   Reply with quote         

WELL IMHO.........wait........i'm still having issue's with the Honest part......o.k........here goes. I understand the whole fan club thingee ma vote hater stuff, and i understand on chops that look like shit......hell i have done roughly 149 of them blackeye and i know i get my fair share of "AWWWWWEEEE LOOK.... HE TRIED........bless his heart votes cheers .........BUT if ya'll are going to hate me because i am seriously kicking some ass........PLease.......it's not MY fault.......DAMN IT, i have artist in the blood....i know......it's not fair to you guys........but lets face it......this is MY dream.....and dammit.........i'll tell who to vote for who around here........what's tha matter......Ya'll know my chops look like true life originals......all them pixel's, all coming together like a big-O- milkshake.......all oooozzzzzzeeeeeeiiiinng with goody..goody....treat.

SO DANG-IT Ya'll start voting for what YOU know is the best...........and if ya see a OLe pal sitting there with his votes all kicked to shit.......how bout helping the poor fellow out........after all you can kick shit out of EM tommorrow. Cool .......peace out.......and ya'll can have your way.......LATER....like i said this is my dream........NOW GET YA'LL's ass back to chopping.......what's this look like.......RECESS..........you buncha love muffins.........oohhhhh and A bacon-cheese-burger with bar-b-que sauce is the BEST.....as far as sauce goes.....makes for some monster POOTS.....wife's should love it

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I am guilty (not the right word but close enough) of the no reference. I disclose that more to show that the picture I created was my own idea/vision,not to say that the quality of the picture is becuase of my technical know-how. I've seen a few entries that look very creative but then I do some searching and find that the person has just copied someone else's idea almost verbatim (not the right word but close enough) Razz I think ReyRey has the photoreference mentality exactly right. It is just lazy to create something and not consider the real world.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

bigbuck

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:13 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:43 pm   Reply with quote         

If eveyone stopped voting because there is a flaw in a work, there would be nobody left!!! Shocked

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:01 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Who cares. Argh JMO

Right! I mean I usually don't pay attention to any author's note. But I can figure it can help someone to understand how that chop was made...

badcop wrote:
I just say "who cares" when someone says, "all source".
Because half the time, it's just another robot or flower or fish.

Yes! Super bored of robot, flower or fish. Argh
But... but I voted for the last winning flowers... Question Shocked
I was probably half-sleeping...

ReyRey wrote:
A lot of times when I see "no reference used" I think, "Man ..they should have used reference".

You're right! Wink

ReyRey

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:07 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
If eveyone stopped voting because there is a flaw in a work, there would be nobody left!!! Shocked

I think he meant major flaws. Obvious ones. Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - All source. No Reference. - Reply to topic