Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Of aliases, zombies, self inflicted spam, & stranger thi - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

As a paying member/customer I'd like this done about aliases

Lock all alias accounts

51%

51%

[ 32 ]

Limit alias account access to only chat

6%

6%

[ 4 ]

Block alias accounts from voting

11%

11%

[ 7 ]

Block alias accounts from voting and posting

11%

11%

[ 7 ]

Allow alias accounts-do nothing

19%

19%

[ 12 ]

Total Votes: 62

splodge

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         

there's quite a few couples signing on from the same computer, couples, family, visiting PSC dignetry. a total block could be a problem.

Hallcross Toots

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Alias?
What's that?

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:42 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
there's quite a few couples signing on from the same computer, couples, family, visiting PSC dignetry. a total block could be a problem.

not really. The same site I'm talking about lets you email a mod or admin if you have a couple people that log in and you can get special permission. lot more efficient than having dozens of aliases running around making the site look like shiat.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:43 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
5 people think they should stay.... this isn't just one person voting 5 times is it, now how could someone do that Hmmm Rolling Eyes

I have to say one of them is my vote... but it wasn´t on purpose... I thought the option was to allow aliases to do nothing in the site... my bad... Doh!

Anyway, like anfa said, if ya haven´t the guts to be reponsible for yer own words, just shut up, or go somewhere else, where wussies are welcome.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Can a mod adjust this poll since Dew and Arc mistakenly voted for the wrong query?

Scion's taken alot of dissin' when he points out an alias...but i've not seen him wrong about one yet.

Most aliases are disgruntled members or cheaters anyway (those who flame forums and post images/vote)...why else the need for one?

And WHOEVER is going around ranking posts stupidly, stop it! I don't believe an outsider would give a top ranking post a 3.0, do you? You have an issue with someone, handle it in an adult above the table manner.

my 2 cents

blue_lurker

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:18 pm   Reply with quote         

We dont need no stinkin badg...um aliasses

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:42 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
splodge wrote:

not really. The same site I'm talking about lets you email a mod or admin if you have a couple people that log in and you can get special permission. lot more efficient than having dozens of aliases running around making the site look like shiat.

what's the site? post it here or pm me.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
mason4300 wrote:
splodge wrote:

what's the site? post it here or pm me.

no problem. PM for you.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:55 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
We dont need no stinkin badg...um aliasses

Right!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm here to have fun. Actually winning something is beside the point, and if someone feels the need to cheat or hide by using an alias, I pity them. Sad

TheShaman

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:

Most aliases are disgruntled members or cheaters anyway (those who flame forums and post images/vote)...why else the need for one?

And WHOEVER is going around ranking posts stupidly, stop it! I don't believe an outsider would give a top ranking post a 3.0, do you? You have an issue with someone, handle it in an adult above the table manner.

my 2 cents

I agree! I'm tired of getting 1's and 2's on my entries. Personally I think that 1-10 ranking system is stupid. Whats it good for anyway? Sure it gives the 'outsider' 'non-member' a chance to participate, but seriously.. how many of these people actually know how to use the program? Let alone know what you've done or what you've just found on the internet. Its not like it means anything, other than like what Eve said, giving someone the power to degrade your hard work by voting a bunch of times really low. Rolling Eyes And I've also seen total garbage with 10's WTF!?

Oh, and aliases? yeah... Kill them! Not the Screen Names... The people behind them Twisted Evil

My mouth and thoughts have gotten me into plenty of heated arguments here and IRL, but I would never do it behind the guise of an alias, nor do I sugarcoat things. Love me or hate me, I speak my mind, and I ain't afraid to stick up for myself. I will also eat crow when the situation calls... Right Arc? lol Wink

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Just a little "IMHO".
I really do NOT think that aliases count for much cheating at all right now.
In fact I think there is very very little cheating involved at all.
i understand a few people feel obligated to vote for friends, and support
people who need the motivation , and stuff like that effects votes some,
but not really all that much.
The last few weeks has seen a stretch of anon contests where the winners have pretty consistently been who I personally expected to win.
THAT is stinking awesome...I blame it on the fact there were a couple unexpected wins and a few more people are being careful how they spend their votes. Sure--the vote tallies are a little lower, but man...the best chops are winning. Totally cool. pirat

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
...And WHOEVER is going around ranking posts stupidly, stop it! I don't believe an outsider would give a top ranking post a 3.0, do you?...
I usually log out and do the rank think - 1 to 10, 1 for 1st place (Best in Show), 2 for 2nd, etc. Right, no?

ScionShade

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Can't change the poll now, but there is one more option that could fully address Splodges query.
Block aliases from voting and forums.
They can post and chat...fair enough IMHO.
If I had someone in my home who also hung at PSC,
I could express their views for them in forums and we could use up my votes together.

arcaico

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I´ve been through a lot o mess in my years of PSC... but I dare anyone here to point me a finger and tell me I hid behind an alias to say what I wanted to say.

Though I have an alias i used to post a few entries, when I thought people were avoiding voting for me cause it was me (paranoid? me?).

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Alex

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Well then, erase those aliases Proc.
Come on. Do it. Seriously. Do it. Do it.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Of aliases, zombies, self inflicted spam, & stranger thi - Reply to topic