Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - All source or little source that is the question - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

ScionShade

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Soze wrote:
Get votes is not so important.......

Who the hell are you, and what have you done with Soze?!

TheShaman

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Soze wrote:

BWHAHAHAHA! Profound!

it must have been one of the voices (aliases) in her head Twisted Evil

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Soze wrote:

In my opinion , also the idea without any source can be voted. But this is another argument...... Smile

wrong. there is no argument...

This site gives you a source, you do with it what you want, but you must use something. Thats the contest! Even if its just using the source as a template for another creation...(showcase will disagree with that last statement) either way "The source is King" here.

Its not photoshop what ever how ever the hell you want contest.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

I think the simplest answer to your question is that most don't care how much external sources are used and simply vote for what they think looks best in the end result, without giving much thought to how difficult the chops must have been to create.You only see people getting called out for not enough source by the few people who do think that there should be much more source. A couple people can make a lot of noise, especially on this site. Rolling Eyes

cherylm329

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Soze wrote:
cherylm329 wrote:
Soze wrote:
Cheryl, in my opinion it is not important how much source dìo you use. And at the end you have not use much source only to get votes. Get votes is not so important. The most important thing is doing what you have in your brain at the moment you look the photo. It could be that i can't explain myself because of my maccheronic english. I wont say that your work, first of all, have to like yourself. If i'm not proud of one of my chops i don't post it. So, source or not, if i like my chop is enough for me.
On everyone his opinion............

Votes were not my concern when asking the question I asked (and they never are my motivation to do a chop), I was trying to get an idea of what is expected (or an understanding) since so many people seem to have a difference of opinion when it comes to the use of the source Smile

Ok Cheryl, do always what you feel and you will be proud of yourself.
I hav seen that here most choppers give more attention when a chop is All Source.
I , personally , vote a chop if it looks nice. In my opinio , also the idea without any source can be voted. But this is another argument...... Smile

Honestly, I don't vote for an image because of the source at all. I vote for attractiveness to the eye and orignal ideas, or something dark and scary, hee-hee.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:47 pm   Reply with quote         

ALL SOURCE SATURDAYS (A.S.S.)...sounds good to me. Very Happy

ScionShade

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:50 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
I think the simplest answer to your question is that most don't care how much external sources are used and simply vote for what they think looks best in the end result, without giving much thought to how difficult the chops must have been to create.

that's TOO true and makes a lot of sense.
mason4300 wrote:
You only see people getting called out for not enough source by the few people who do think that there should be much more source. A couple people can make a lot of noise, especially on this site. Rolling Eyes

That I don't get at all. It's the nature of the beast that the less source you use the easier it is, occasionally someone does something brilliant with very little source, BUT they do THAT in PS...more commonly they get credit for found sources that the whole chop relies on--most often the little piece added from start source has little effect on the great found source.
which brings us right back to this very accurate statement....
mason4300 wrote:
simply vote for what they think looks best in the end result, without giving much thought to how difficult the chops must have been to create.

ScionShade

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:54 pm   Reply with quote         

dbbowling wrote:

That certainly would be fun to do once in a while--
I'd even join in on a "DARK" chop day--
many of us have never done a dark chop at all...
i did once.....I think it scared people.
A skin disease day would be a blast, and a robot day...
it'd be fun to do cliches on purpose....together. IMHO.

Soze

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:56 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Soze wrote:

Old Soze is death Scion!!!!!!
I'm the new one. I better person...
you can be sure of that!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cherylm329

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:59 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
dbbowling wrote:

That certainly would be fun to do once in a while--
I'd even join in on a "DARK" chop day--
many of us have never done a dark chop at all...
i did once.....I think it scared people.
A skin disease day would be a blast, and a robot day...
it'd be fun to do cliches on purpose....together. IMHO.

Incorporate yourself into a chop day, haha Razz

Those are some good ideas and I think it would make the contests a bit more challenging and fun to have a theme every now and then.

Soze

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:59 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
ScionShade wrote:
Soze wrote:

BWHAHAHAHA! Profound!

it must have been one of the voices (aliases) in her head Twisted Evil

No one can say if Shaman , Anfa, Scion, Arcaic............and all the others had in the past any aliases hahahahahahahaha.
Is sure that Soze had it!!!!!!!!!!!
Had
Had
had!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
What is done is done. Now I'm another Soze OK?

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:10 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
That I don't get at all. It's the nature of the beast that the less source you use the easier it is, occasionally someone does something brilliant with very little source, BUT they do THAT in PS...more commonly they get credit for found sources that the whole chop relies on--most often the little piece added from start source has little effect on the great found source.

That's precisely what I mean. Maybe I didn't word that second part very well, but that's what I was getting at with my first post; In general, most people don't vote based on the work, they vote on the eye-candy factor of a chop, even if it has very little source. I don't criticize the chops that use only a small amount of source if the source is what gives the outside source image it's wow factor. Likewise, I don't think chops that use a pretty outside source as their main vote-getter by just adding in source into the background or relatively insignificant spots just so "the source is used." Now, there are always exceptions, but like I said, I'm speaking of the entire thing in general, no chops specifically.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:14 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah, those exceptions are rare, but usually stinking brilliant....
L@Rue could pull that off any time he pleases.
...and/or Mightybeet and Beefhead.

ScionShade

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:15 pm   Reply with quote         

It's really hard to keep up with this thread while drawing naked pictures of Chicken for the chat.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:19 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
It's really hard to keep up with this thread while drawing naked pictures of Chicken for the chat.

maaaan...stop reminding me that I can't visit the real chat anymore.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - All source or little source that is the question - Reply to topic