Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - All source or little source that is the question - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

cherylm329

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:39 pm   Reply with quote         

I think I am a little confused by the site members expectations. I have been told time and time again that all source images are big on this site and I have even seen people get called out because they use little source, but then I see images made well that are only source and there undervoted and the ones with the most externals are leading in votes, hmmm. I think something needs to be made clear about what is exactly expected of the choppers here when chopping. Their are no rules to a chop posted anywhere on this site, so I am not sure what to chop anymore.

However, I propose a challenge. Maybe a day of the week can be chosen where everyone can only post a manipulated source image without externals and let's see who the true choppers really are Wink

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:42 pm   Reply with quote         

like you say cheryl there are no rules, i think what matters is the final result, of course if its a nice image and its all source it gets more respect imho..

TheShaman

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:45 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah Been here done this.

I personally always show the love for all sources. and I love to create them as well...

I find it much more challenging to do than to find some really great outside sources. cause anyone can google great images and incorporate them... but this doesn't always equate to getting votes.

I find if you chop for yourself (be happy with what you create) everything else will fall into place.

yes you are correct though sometimes they fall by the wayside. but BigBuck (Brad) just won with an all source. I've placed a few times with all sources...

I think people must also take into consideration, an ALL SOURCE is just that... its not All Source with the exception of this or that... that would no longer be all source then.

I think art is very subjective. meaning what I like, isn't exactly what you will like or what he or she will like. Just like the Dark Art thread. some people love the stuff, others are turned off by it. so again. Create things that make you happy. my 2¢

BTW I love the idea of a no external source day... maybe we could have that day right after.. chop on the fly day where everyone starts working an image once the contest opens.... those are a blast to do!

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:51 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
yeah Been here done this.

I personally always show the love for all sources. and I love to create them as well...

I find it much more challenging to do than to find some really great outside sources. cause anyone can google great images and incorporate them... but this doesn't always equate to getting votes.

I find if you chop for yourself (be happy with what you create) everything else will fall into place.

yes you are correct though sometimes they fall by the wayside. but BigBuck (Brad) just won with an all source. I've placed a few times with all sources...

I think people must also take into consideration, an ALL SOURCE is just that... its not All Source with the exception of this or that... that would no longer be all source then.

I think art is very subjective. meaning what I like, isn't exactly what you will like or what he or she will like. Just like the Dark Art thread. some people love the stuff, others are turned off by it. so again. Create things that make you happy. my 2¢

BTW I love the idea of a no external source day... maybe we could have that day right after.. chop on the fly day where everyone starts working an image once the contest opens.... those are a blast to do!

I totally love what I create and I do it because it makes me happy and content. I could careless about the voting. What erks me is the endless remarks about the lack of source. I was kind of trying to get an idea of what is exactly expected. I agree with everything you said though Smile

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:51 pm   Reply with quote         

I love the cleverly done 'no source' images Very Happy

TheShaman

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:55 pm   Reply with quote         

cherylm329 wrote:

I totally love what I create and I do it because it makes me happy and content. I could careless about the voting.

GOOD ATTITUDE! thats the first step and its a biggie.

well my only suggestion from what I've learned from past mistakes is:

little source normally equates to little votes.

more source equates to more votes.

and don't ever obscure the source.
always make try to make it the dominate part of your entry and you'll do just fine.

does that help?

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:58 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
cherylm329 wrote:

I totally love what I create and I do it because it makes me happy and content. I could careless about the voting.

always make try to make it the dominate part of your entry and you'll do just fine.

does that help?

Yes it does, thanks! Clarity is always better than vagueness Smile

DaVinci

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Who cares if a chop is all scource or not, I personally don't care if someone say that his or her entry is all scource! If you use external scources and the final entry looks good than that's great! It's not easy to find the right ex.scources! O well, everbody is different and everybody has it own look on these things! Cool

Soze

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Cheryl, in my opinion it is not important how much source dìo you use. And at the end you have not use much source only to get votes. Get votes is not so important. The most important thing is doing what you have in your brain at the moment you look the photo. It could be that i can't explain myself because of my maccheronic english. I wont say that your work, first of all, have to like yourself. If i'm not proud of one of my chops i don't post it. So, source or not, if i like my chop is enough for me.
On everyone his opinion............

TheShaman

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:10 pm   Reply with quote         

thats why I was saying DaVinci...

art is subjective.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:14 pm   Reply with quote         

I can't understand that last statement cause I can't rectify why the exclamation points are there.
All source is just one way of many to chop, it doesn't necessarily
follow that it will get more votes, but for those of us that like playing the all source game it's just that much more exciting when you hit a home run.
I think that you, Cheri will do very well at the all source game and look forward to seeing that happen.

Micose

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:16 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
cherylm329 wrote:

does that help?

u sound wiser n wiser Shaman, our 33 christic years old look to be working Laughing
Micose

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:18 pm   Reply with quote         

what made Cherylm today is really darn good... ive been really impressed.
cherylm329

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Soze wrote:
Cheryl, in my opinion it is not important how much source dìo you use. And at the end you have not use much source only to get votes. Get votes is not so important. The most important thing is doing what you have in your brain at the moment you look the photo. It could be that i can't explain myself because of my maccheronic english. I wont say that your work, first of all, have to like yourself. If i'm not proud of one of my chops i don't post it. So, source or not, if i like my chop is enough for me.

Votes were not my concern when asking the question I asked (and they never are my motivation to do a chop), I was trying to get an idea of what is expected (or an understanding) since so many people seem to have a difference of opinion when it comes to the use of the source Smile

Soze

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:28 pm   Reply with quote         

cherylm329 wrote:
Soze wrote:

Votes were not my concern when asking the question I asked (and they never are my motivation to do a chop), I was trying to get an idea of what is expected (or an understanding) since so many people seem to have a difference of opinion when it comes to the use of the source Smile

Ok Cheryl, do always what you feel and you will be proud of yourself.
I hav seen that here most choppers give more attention when a chop is All Source.
I , personally , vote a chop if it looks nice. In my opinio , also the idea without any source can be voted. But this is another argument...... Smile

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - All source or little source that is the question - Reply to topic