Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - R.I.P. James Brown - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:29 am   Reply with quote         

Generations of musicians listened to James Brown, looked at him and took what they could, regardless of the kind of music they played. Much imitated, he was ultimately inimitable. Someone once suggested Brown was to rhythm what Bob Dylan was to lyrics, and there's no arguing that when it comes to foundations of American popular music, Brown is right there with Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Jimmie Rodgers, Hank Williams, Elvis Presley and Dylan -- creators whose innovations changed everything around them.

Scrumpy

Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

Very, very well said Pharoh. I'd like to add just how cool the man was in his prime. Like the guy or not, you're a fool if you can't recognize what the Pharoh said. I didn't intend for this to be a discussion on his worth or non-worth, there's a music thread for that (thanks Paul Von S. for that, I'll be sure to check it out), I just posted it for people to go shit, James Brown died, damn. That's all. I guess there'll always be kids tryin' to bust your balls about stuff they know nothing about-(Finestcall Rolling Eyes Laughing )

Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Scrumpy wrote:
Very, very well said Pharoh. I'd like to add just how cool the man was in his prime. Like the guy or not, you're a fool if you can't recognize what the Pharoh said. I didn't intend for this to be a discussion on his worth or non-worth, there's a music thread for that (thanks Paul Von S. for that, I'll be sure to check it out), I just posted it for people to go shit, James Brown died, damn. That's all. I guess there'll always be kids tryin' to bust your balls about stuff they know nothing about-(Finestcall Rolling Eyes Laughing )

Well it seems that everything i say just goes to hell... well i do got to say something very important ( I DO NOT GIVE A RATS ASS ABOUT YOUR CRAP) so what if i don't like that music or if i don't like the guy? damn it seems like you guys are on the offense all the time. Crying or Very sad

Oscar

Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Scrumpy wrote:
Yes, it was me. I felt sorry for ya 'cause no one loved ya but ya decided to stick around and keep trying- so I thought I'd point that out. But now I realize your lack of class- meh, leave, stay...whatever.

That hurts... but i'll stay just to keep " busting your balls" like you said.

splodge

Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:55 pm   Reply with quote         

i'm hoping finestcall aint another Brit, they can be such pricks sometimes Embarassed

Hallcross Toots
Marx-Man

Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:23 pm   Reply with quote         

hey thats not true so im a brit pfft that prove that one brit is...

ok so maybe i know a few brits who are a bit...

oh ya caught me gimme a hug ya big lummox Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Scrumpy

Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Well it seems that everything i say just goes to hell... well i do got to say something very important ( I DO NOT GIVE A RATS ASS ABOUT YOUR CRAP) so what if i don't like that music or if i don't like the guy? damn it seems like you guys are on the offense all the time. Crying or Very sad

"Very Important" Laughing Laughing .Finest babe, I think you think WAY too much of your own opinion mate. Lots of people looked at this post and said nothing, prolly 'cause James Brown meant nothing to them. Cool. This post was not for them. They moved along without saying anything- it's called respecting other people's views. You on the other hand, took an issue that someone (someone that you recognized as someone who was previously cool with you when you were feeling low) felt upset enough about to make a post about, a post that other people obviosly felt strongly about and decided to air your "very important" views about. Why? Did you think it would make you look hard, or cool or that we'd all think "wow, that Finestcall doesn't give a fuck about nothin'- he's such a rebel"?
No, once again- and again, you made yourself look like the silly little boy that you obviously are. My advice to you, which you will no doubt ignore, is to just STFUAC- literally. Just chop and vote and shut up. Then when you become a respected member of this community you can start to air your views. Hell, I have 100 (not so good) entries in and I still feel like a newbie, afraid to say too much. Or, you can carry on being you and continue to be seen as a Wally (I lurk around the chatroom- I know what they think about you). It's up to you- just trying to help, kid. Wink

Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:46 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah scrumpy you tell the man.. if you want to voice your oppinion you can but do it in a silent vioce...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

personally i think james brown always got what he deserved.

He sung and dance his way to riches and fame lived till 73.

but dont forget that he was known as a wife beater

Oscar

Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Scrumpy man chill... and stop with the pep talk, seriously.
If you feel old and don't want to take my crap go get a 100000 piece puzzle and kill time.

Scrumpy

Post Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:12 am   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
Scrumpy man chill... and stop with the pep talk, seriously.
If you feel old and don't want to take my crap go get a 100000 piece puzzle and kill time.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing God, you are so cool.

Post Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:12 am   Reply with quote         

finestcall is an asshole... lynch him Twisted Evil

Post Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:16 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
[quote="Marx-Man"]yeah scrumpy you tell the man.. if you want to voice your oppinion you can but do it in a silent vioce...

Way to miss my point Marx-Man

Laughing Laughing Laughing

As for the rest, I agree with you for the most part- the music world lost a legend is all.

Post Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:53 am   Reply with quote         

Eww I wouldn't go near your point... That's desgusting... I can't belive it... man eww

Razz

RexMoss

Post Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:56 am   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
eww i would go near your point... thats desgusting.. i cant belive it man eww

Razz

What the heck are you weirdos talking about? You crazy!

Post Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:58 am   Reply with quote         

Yes I am a Crazy foo!!!

But he wanted me to touch his jewel fool

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - R.I.P. James Brown - Reply to topic