Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - The 500 - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Luxwiz

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Just wanted to announce that after 14 years of fairly regular participation in the comps here at PSC I have reached a milestone... my 500th win.All I know about PS I learnt here at this wonderful place.I had always had an interest in photography and dabbled in illustration and oil painting so when I discovered the art of photomanipulation it naturally captured my attention.While searching the web for photoshop sites I came across PSC and was amazed at the talented members here.The technical expertise,creativity and humor in the daily comps here got to me so I registered here in 2004 mainly to watch the daily comps and entertain myself.It wasn't until 2 years later that I finally found time and made an effort to actually try to learn photoshop in order to join in and enter some of the comps.That was a magical time here,the members were like a family and there was such a great feeling of belonging to something special.Even if you didn't have a clue of what you were doing there was always some talented member that was willing to give a helping hand,giving advice,correcting your flaws and teaching you techniques with which to improve your work.Photoshop was not easy at the beginning so I decided I would stay non advantage until I was good enough to compete half decent.Well one day I was so surprised when I signed in and lo and behold the advantage calendar came up before my eyes, some wonderful member that I barely knew actually gave me the gift of a years advantage membership.Well more reason to get down to business and learn how to chop properly.It took me 2 years and 150 entries before my first win,so nothing came easy.The competition back then was top notch and 40,50 and 60 entries in a contest was common place.So a win for someone like me was a real buzz and will never forget my very first one... http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/2593/unicycle--juggler.html?l=&o=votes Well many years have gone by and over 1600 entries later I am still learning and still entering in the daily comps.Many changes have taken place here since then,the daily comps often have very few entries nowadays although I've notice a small increase in new member participation recently...but hey PSC is still alive and I would just like to take a moment to thank the various owners that through thick and thin have continued to believe in maintaining the site on line and to the special spirit which has made possible the many good times and all the wonderful people that throughout the years have come together here... so THANK-YOU PSC Very Happy

Zizounai

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Well said Lux, and very emotional. You almost made me shed a tear. I wish I knew this site earlier, but here I am, one of the new ones... Decided to stay amongst the winners and the losers Wink Congrats Lux and thanks for this touching testimony. Smile

Tawiskaro

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Luis,

I tip my hat to you. I think you have now cranked out more quality work than Tesore and Marcoballistic combined. You have their work ethic on steroids.

It was tough to win back in the day. I don't mean to say that victories are easy to come by today--it's just that there were so many fine competitors back then that it was an uphill climb for even the best choppers. Consider this entry of yours in a competition with ninety-one entries:

You came in 9th (29 votes) with this still-entertaining GIF. My less entertaining GIF came in at 21st (17 votes). The winner was badcop, with a resounding 57 votes. The comp is here:

http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/2305/wooden-box.html?l=all&o=votes

After all these years, I still remember and enjoy this jack in the box--and many, many more of your clever and skillfully rendered chops.

Thanks for keeping this place going with all of your contributions!

--twk

Bic9000

Post Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:58 am   Reply with quote         

Well done Luis for reaching 500 entries.
Your chops have been funny, original, clever and skillfully executed. I both admire and hate you in equal measure for that.

I await the next 500 (come on, chop, chop)

Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Post Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Congrats again Lux it is a big accomplishment and you should be proud.

YerPalAl

Post Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Congratulations Amigo. 500 wins is certainly a milestone. Be proud and be steady. I always enjoy your chops.

dio

Post Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Daaamn! Gratz Lux, that's awesome!

Luxwiz

Post Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Bic9000 wrote:
Well done Luis for reaching 500 entries.
Your chops have been funny, original, clever and skillfully executed. I both admire and hate you in equal measure for that.

I await the next 500 (come on, chop, chop)

Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

thanks a million BIC,btw it's 500 wins and 1628 entries... and at this stage of the game I think if I got to 1000 it would probably be through my next incarnation as the Lux lama Razz

Luxwiz

Post Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:

Thanks for keeping this place going with all of your contributions!

--twk

yes Ted we've had some good comps together in all these years... and thanks to you for all your inspiring gifs,I really liked this one: http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/172747/votes.html

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:50 am   Reply with quote         

Congrats Luxwiz! Your one of the main reasons I stop by the psc from time to time. You have come along way. Your choppin' skills have greatly improved since your first chop. Live long and chop Captain Luxwiz.

Vuvuzela :psc: cheers

Luxwiz

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks Z,gene,Al, dio ,db and to the rest of you great talented friends here,past present and future... keep that PSC flame burning thumleft

YerPalAl

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah, well I actually entered today's contest. Laughing

Luxwiz

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Yeah, well I actually entered today's contest. Laughing

hahaha ... and I'm taking a break,this is like tag team wrasling Laughing

BigGame3113

Post Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Bow Bow Bow

Post Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:09 pm   Reply with quote