Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - my humble opinion - Reply to topic

Lynnette0807

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:41 pm   Reply with quote         

I have read so many good things, negative things, small fights, and things like that since I have joined. I just want to say how much I love this website. I enjoy the critiques, tutorials, the fun gossip and all the help I get from other members! I don't know the amount of members, who is here, who is left, old or new, or the fact that this website is dying. I truly wish I was here when it was thriving but you never know, it could again. I don't mind if some of the composites are offensive. Art is in the eye of the beholder. I won't hold a comedian accountable for his jokes that he tells on stage about black, white, religion or other so I won't do the same with Artwork! If I don't like something, then I don't look at it but I will vote because I feel everyone deserves a vote who at least tried. You will not find me to complain about votes, or why one has more votes because I'm a pretty positive person I have only been here a few months but I am learning, and it shows. I was so excited for my first win that I shared it on facebook and dozens of my friends loved it. Some members are new like me, who need help, and some are wicked talented, either way, I will always vote for everyone, and if someday the entries do go above the 25 limit, then I might be a little more picky about who I vote for. This is just my humble feeling, not looking to argue but wanted this website, owners or moderators to know that I enjoy it very much and look forward to making many new online friends. I hope all this positive chat will spread just like a smile. Thank you for listening Smile
Lynnette0807

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Lynnette0807 wrote:
I feel everyone deserves a vote who at least tried.

Lynnette0807 wrote:
I will always vote for everyone, and if someday the entries do go above the 25 limit, then I might be a little more picky about who I vote for.

Hello Lynnette0807 ! That's the problem with the site now. It's like getting a medal for participating. It's shit and it shouldn't happen. Back in the day you had to keep a few votes just in case any noobs posted some great late chops. With the dwindling numbers in contests now, I think the votes you get to cast should be limited depending on the amount of entries. There could be some algorithm that gives you the correct amount of votes relative to the amount of entries so you can't vote for everyone or some such shite. Wink

Lynnette0807

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:53 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Lynnette0807 wrote:
I feel everyone deserves a vote who at least tried.

Lynnette0807 wrote:
I will always vote for everyone, and if someday the entries do go above the 25 limit, then I might be a little more picky about who I vote for.

Hello Lynnette0807 ! That's the problem with the site now. It's like getting a medal for participating. It's shit and it shouldn't happen. Back in the day you had to keep a few votes just in case any noobs posted some great late chops. With the dwindling numbers in contests now, I think the votes you get to cast should be limited depending on the amount of entries. There could be some algorithm that gives you the correct amount of votes relative to the amount of entries so you can't vote for everyone or some such shite. Wink

anfa wrote:
That's the problem with the site now. It's like getting a medal for participating. It's shit and it shouldn't happen. Back in the day you had to keep a few votes just in case any noobs posted some great late chops.

I honestly didn't think of that, and I think you're right. That wouldn't be fare to vote for a crap chop. I think it's because I can vote so many times and not enough entries. Either way, I do agree and will try to vote appropriately. Thank You anfa for your input, I appreciate it.

Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:59 pm   Reply with quote         

As I said before you have a really good attitude Lynette and your skills have improved quite a lot since you joined just a short while ago showing you've been doing your homework... I kind of agree with anfa about voting.Your votes are yours to do as you wish with them however not all chops deserve a vote,although art is quite subjective you should apply fair judgement and a sound criteria when voting so the people that demonstrate their skills and have smart ideas are rewarded over people with lazy work and redundant ideas.As well sometimes being justly critical of someones work instead of voting for anything they do should push them to better themselves,to improve their skills and creativity.Btw if you love this place now,it would have blown you away back in it's heyday.Anyhow keep improving your skills and pushing your creativity it's good for the mind and spirit Smile and if you get bored join in this " THEMED - ADD 1 THING " fun game... http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=9519&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=2565

Lynnette0807

Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I think I would have really enjoyed back in the heyday! Thank you for the advice. I agree with both of you and I am going to try to vote more appropriately instead of just everyone. I know I try harder to improve when I get zero votes, and I didn't look at it that way too. I'm also maybe too nice, because when I vote, I look at all of them on a daily basis. Then I think to myself, this person has no votes at all, which in turn makes me feel bad so I vote. hahaha Like I said, I will stop that because I don't want to vote because I feel bad but because the composite was AWESOME! Anyways, I ramble on, thanks again Lux:-)

Post Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:08 am   Reply with quote         

ah yeah, back in the day, your thread would have been about the flawed voting system and friendly voting Laughing

blue_lurker

Post Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:57 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
ah yeah, back in the day, your thread would have been about the flawed voting system and friendly voting Laughing

and Marco fixing that bloody Bat.

blackfox

Post Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Lynnette0807 wrote:
I hope all this positive chat will spread just like a smile.
Lynnette0807

That may be the nicest thing ever said here.

Thanx Lynette. . . I have a smile.

Post Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:08 am   Reply with quote         

I am getting so curious about this bat thing..hehe, anyways I do wish I was here when it was better. I still think it can be depending on the owners, spice it up a bit, take up some of the suggestions in the other forums about voting. Who knows, I do enjoy the tutorials, wish there were more.

blackfox - I am glad I can make someone smile. It seems a little hostile in here.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - my humble opinion - Reply to topic