Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - How many "old" members? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:51 am   Reply with quote         

it's been years, for some odd reason I decided to look in and see if this place is still happening...
hello to all the peeps, many years back my PC got hit by lightning, all systems fried, backup for all my art was locked up in a portable HD, 1000's of images, the other day I decided to look inside, it will not even pop up when I plug it in, Shocked I was going to post a picture, imageshack wants $? Crying or Very sad goodnight.

Cartoon Contractor

Post Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:05 am   Reply with quote         

Hi, been a couple of years since I've posted an entry. The site has slowed to a crawl over the last few years and even the H2H contest (which I looked forward to every year) hasn't been held in TWO YEARS!! So that being said! Not sure why I even come back and look anymore. Guess I miss the old days! Confused

the202
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Boosh

Cartoon Contractor

Post Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:49 am   Reply with quote         

the202 wrote:
Boosh

$40.00 a MONTH?
Are they paying you to advertise for them??? Laughing

I think I'll skip the 3rd Party Hosting!!! Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:59 am   Reply with quote         

blackfox

Post Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
it's been years, for some odd reason I decided to look in and see if this place is still happening...
hello to all the peeps, many years back my PC got hit by lightning, all systems fried, backup for all my art was locked up in a portable HD, 1000's of images, the other day I decided to look inside, it will not even pop up when I plug it in, Shocked I was going to post a picture, imageshack wants $? Crying or Very sad goodnight.

I have this thing called a hard drive. I've been adding to it for over 17 years. .. . it holds all of my PCS pics and a ton others. Putting your stuff online is kind 'a silly for storage. If you don't do something called "back up" of what you feel is important to disk, disc, tape, or floppy, that's on you. From floppies to zip drives to jazz to CD and DVD discs, it's all up to you. Heck, you can get a 64GB flash drive for less than $20, so if you lose your stuff . . . it's on you.

I go a step further. . . I back up to disk every month which I drop in a safe-deposit-box at the bank PLUS, I bought community/commercial satellite space. . so unless our planet is destroyed. . . I still have my PSC stuff from 2004!!!!

Post Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:00 am   Reply with quote         

blackfox wrote:
Paul Von Stetina wrote:

I have this thing called a hard drive. I've been adding to it for over 17 years. .. . it holds all of my PCS pics and a ton others. Putting your stuff online is kind 'a silly for storage. If you don't do something called "back up" of what you feel is important to disk, disc, tape, or floppy, that's on you. From floppies to zip drives to jazz to CD and DVD discs, it's all up to you. Heck, you can get a 64GB flash drive for less than $20, so if you lose your stuff . . . it's on you.

I go a step further. . . I back up to disk every month which I drop in a safe-deposit-box at the bank PLUS, I bought community/commercial satellite space. . so unless our planet is destroyed. . . I still have my PSC stuff from 2004!!!!

I did have everything backed up, and have a lot of stuff on discs and memory sticks, after the initial lightning strike,( I was out of the country when it happened), I checked the portable HD, it was OK because I had it disconnected, so after getting a new laptop, I never added those pics back, I just left it sitting, for years, I went off in another direction away from art, in attempting to build a free energy device, go ahead laugh, that's a whole nother story, so about a year ago I decided to look in the portable HD, it wouldn't open, but after a few tries, it opened, so I shut it down put it away again, recently I wanted to dump everything onto a much newer HD, when I plug it in, lights come on, but it does not show up on my laptop, Maxtor, the manufacturer says, "send it to us, for a fee, we'll try", I'm not ready to chance that, I have years of work in there, my nephew, is really good with this stuff, said he would give it a shot, so hopefully I'll have good news soon Confused

Paul Von Stetina

Posted it 3 X's wtf?

Paul Von Stetina

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:13 am   Reply with quote         

BSmatic wrote:
https://imgbox.com/

Ha, works for me! Very Happy
How you doin BS?

gifs work too

Post Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:21 am   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:

Ha, works for me! Very Happy
How you doin BS?

As any BS - almost impossible to destroy Laughing Just fine, thanks! Glad to see old choppers still watching this place Smile

YerPalAl

Post Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:58 am   Reply with quote         

Just be aware, CDs and DVDs also have a life span and will eventually go bad.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:05 pm   Reply with quote         

The only thing that seems to last are those cave paintings by cavemen...

Post Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 pm   Reply with quote         

What's a chop?
Pork chop?
Lamb chop?
Karate chop?

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:28 pm   Reply with quote         

My nephew got all my stuff back, I counted over 175 fat files, OMG, tons of images Shocked
time to start looking for another backup Confused

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - How many "old" members? - Reply to topic