Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Art Festival - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

YerPalAl

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:03 pm   Reply with quote         

We are gearing up for Bridgeton RiverFest 3. This is the fine art festival pene diMaio and I have been producing for the past two years. Pene has left the fold, but I have taken on a new partner to produce the show and we are forging ahead. Amazingly, the show was voted one of the three top festival event in the eastern North Carolina region BOTH years since it's start and we hope to continue this year.

We have made changes. June was just too damned hot for the festival so we have changed the date to October 26/27. This is the same weekend as the traditional Ghostwalk in New Bern so it makes this area eve more of a destination for people to come to.

We are still nearly 2 months out and already have 24 artists in house so making our goal of 50 artists and artisans looks to be very doable. For those interested our website is up and growing and we are adding information on a weekly basis.

http://www.bridgetonriverfest.com/

Tesore

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Looks great Alan... and even greater if I only could be there for a weekend Wink

All the best with the organisation of everything, let us know when there is news to report and thanks for sharing.

anfa

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Cool stuff, brother! Smile

Martrex

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry I'm busy going to an Art festival in Western, South Carolina region on that date. Sorry, but make sure you head over my way you-all. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

YerPalAl

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:32 am   Reply with quote         

I finished the poster design this weekend. The art is by Kevin Chen out of Wilmington, NC. Kevin not only paints beautifully, but also crafts hand made jewelry and is a new father. I will have more examples of his work posted in the artists section of the RiverFest website as soon as we contact him with the good news. For winning the poster contest Kevin becomes our featured Artist for the festival and gets his booth space free. Just wanted to post this update here for you folks.

Tesore

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Beautiful! Looks like a Chinese Silk Painting.

YerPalAl

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:59 am   Reply with quote         

Just a quick update. Counting the artists who have applied and are awaiting the jury process, we are now at 25 fine artists and craftspeople committed. We also got a commitment from our favorite pirate troupe to make a return and next week we will be announcing who our art judge will be and it looks like we will have a great one. (No, not you anfa, not this year. Wink )

annajon

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:05 am   Reply with quote         

Have a great time with the festival Al. And love the poster. I downloaded it.

YerPalAl

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks, Anna, we are getting lots of great reactions to the poster.

YerPalAl

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:27 pm   Reply with quote         

******* NEWS•NEWS•NEWS *******
It is with great pleasure we announce our art judge for the 2013 Bridgeton RiverFest, the distinguished chair of the Art Department of the University of North Carolina:

Jim Hirschfield
In addition to his position at the university, Dr. Hirshfield has a long and varied career as an artist, art consultant, lecturer and educator. This list is far too long to post here, but the complete CV is available for download on the Bridgeton RiverFest website; It is a fascinating 5 page read.

Here is a direct link:

http://www.bridgetonriverfest.com/2013-judge.html

annajon

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:44 pm   Reply with quote         

With such notoriaty your Festival is getting bigger and better, YPA. Good job.

anfa

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Is there free wine at this thing. When I was younger and involved in the arty shite(not a lot), there was always free wine.

YerPalAl

Post Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:33 am   Reply with quote         

We are hosting a by invitation only preview party Friday night and there will be free wine there. We'll have four wineries with booths at the event proper giving out tastes and selling bottles and cases. We expect thousands of visitors so no free wine from us during the days.

I am hoping the status of our judge will really give us a boost. Over the last 2 years we got a lot of people expressing surprise at the quality of art we show, maybe after this year they will expect it.

Its been a tough year for artists though. Sales are down in, what has traditionally been, a recession proof business. But less artists are selling well now. Hope we do all right. I'd love for all my friends here at PSC to do what you can to get the word out. Please pass along these URLs:

www.bridgetonriverfest.com

and

https://www.facebook.com/bridgeton.riverfest.5?fref=ts

and try to get your friends to visit the sites and do the same. A lot of artists, and I, will appreciate it.

annajon

Post Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:38 am   Reply with quote         

done

Post Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:50 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
We are gearing up for Bridgeton RiverFest 3. This is the fine art festival pene diMaio and I have been producing for the past two years. Pene has left the fold, but I have taken on a new partner to produce the show and we are forging ahead. Amazingly, the show was voted one of the three top festival event in the eastern North Carolina region BOTH years since it's start and we hope to continue this year.

We have made changes. June was just too damned hot for the festival so we have changed the date to October 26/27. This is the same weekend as the traditional Ghostwalk in New Bern so it makes this area eve more of a destination for people to come to.

We are still nearly 2 months out and already have 24 artists in house so making our goal of 50 artists and artisans looks to be very doable. For those interested our website is up and growing and we are adding information on a weekly basis.

http://www.bridgetonriverfest.com/
This is just awesome, the artists are indeed talented wish I lived closer I hear NC is an awesome state, good luck Al!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Art Festival - Reply to topic