Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Anyone else updating to Mac 10.9? - Reply to topic

Martrex

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:49 pm   Reply with quote         

I just installed 10.9 after partitioning my imac HD to save my stuff on 10.6 I was wondering if anyone else had upgraded to 10.9 and if so what they thought about it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

shane.e.randall

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:12 pm   Reply with quote         

I am up to date bute on the PC side. Wish I could help already having my own problems PS CC

Martrex

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes by setting it up the way I did I can go back and forth between 10.6 and 10.9 just choosing which I start up from. So most of my stuff is still on 10.6 and haven't spent too much time on the 10.9 I had just been wondering if any one else had updated and how do they like it?? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

YerPalAl

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Still on 10.8.5. I wonder if there are there significant differences?

By any chance did they re-install the "save as" function in text edit? (what a stupid thing to delete it)

seamusoisin

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:38 am   Reply with quote         

Whatever the difference you can be sure it's a "beta" version as companies shove stuff out and let the customer find out what's wrong and Apple is no different than Microsoft and all the others.

Recently updated my tablet driver on their recomendation and lo and behold all the ink tools disappeared from my Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Their solution clear the computer of all tablet driver and reinstall the new driver. You know what that did> SFA. I fixed it by removing all the drivers again and installing a driver fix that I found on the web.

Microsoft a few months back decided on it's own to install a new IE on my computer. Well at work we use a Microsoft Web access for our comunications and various data storage. Guess what it didn't work with the new IE. Geez it's the same company. You think a company thet has an office that you could put hal;f the population of Canada in could assign one person to check this. My worse fear is they don't care and take a "let them buy a new program. Disabled all the automatic updates and sleep a lot better.

I think it's better to wait and let the problems arise, let them fix if they can and procede with caution.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
TheShaman

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:49 pm   Reply with quote         

I just updated to 10.7

seems good. Safari runs nice and fast.
Not liking the new layout for 'top sites' but thats just a visual dislike.

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm still on 10.6.8 (snow leopard) I've heard that Lion has problems. Is this the case?

Cartoon Contractor

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Well I just updated to 10.9 (Mavericks) because NO ONE WOULD ANSWER ME! Laughing And so far so good! thumright
P.S. It was FREE!!!! Wink

YerPalAl

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:59 am   Reply with quote         

Yep, Apple's OS is from now on a free upgrade. Amazing. Smile

Martrex

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:
Well I just updated to 10.9 (Mavericks) because NO ONE WOULD ANSWER ME! Laughing And so far so good! thumright
P.S. It was FREE!!!! Wink

Yes to be sure I divided my HD in half and have both available. Still learning differences. I have 10.68 because 10.7 and 10.8 had modem connect problems and they wouldn't allow other stuff I had from running. So I avoided them. But the new one supposedly better and cheaper, so gave it a try. Just brought over my stuff via time machine, so far ok, we'll have to wait and see. Very Happy Very Happy

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Anyone else updating to Mac 10.9? - Reply to topic