Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Voting System (hope this don't exist already) - Reply to topic

pepperbel

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey. Don't really know how to say this, but I will try.

I've seen a number of amazing chops/edits etc. And I know art is subjective blah-di-blah, I get that, I think in general, everyone has different taste. My issue is however, that someone who spends something like 5 hours on an edit, then ends up on the, let's say, 2nd page of the contest entries, and by that time, the 1st page entries already have the majority of the vote, making it impossible for the 2nd pagee's to even come close to competing (no matter how awesome their chop is).

Has it ever been done/considered to not allow votes until after the entry time, to give everyone a fair chance? I just think that people should be able to see ALL the entries before they can vote, because I've been watching the contests and a lot of the time on page 2 or 3 there are entries where you can see the effort the chopper put into the image, but because he/she/it didn't upload it soon enough, they didn't stand a chance.

Does that make sense?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I've looked around but not found anything. If it has, then please delete this and I'll zip it. Smile

anfa

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:51 pm   Reply with quote         

thx for the pic mate, i was about to eat.... Laughing
Micose

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:56 pm   Reply with quote         

there used to be even winners without Advantage , u just have to kick ass, most of the time the best stuff end up on the 1rst page...usually... If not well, might be the chop is ok but average . Just like in boxing, if u dont knock-out the other guy, u ll have to go the points... its always better not tolet the decision to the judges..... Wink
Micose

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:00 pm   Reply with quote         

one might disagree about a winning chop, most of the time there could plenty of discussion about the first page. But like u said looks its a matter of taste..

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Voting System (hope this don't exist already) - Reply to topic