Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - Can I do this? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Oscar

Post Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:30 am   Reply with quote         

you don't want to regret not doing what you love, i'll tell you that much.

But what do I know, I'm just the guy who chose to stay on the job he hates and not follow his heart. Move on...

WhimSea

Post Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:04 pm   Reply with quote         

do you ever listen to Dave Ramsey? he had a call from some gal that had just quit her well paying job and was just starting school to get her doctorate (which she didn't need for her job), her husband was about to lose his job, they were about to lose their house and she was wondering if she should take out a loan to pay for school... which she said the school that she wanted to go to it was going to be a whopping $150,000!!

he repeated everything back and said no! you're not going to get a loan for school, she did not have to have her doctorate, she didn't have to have it right now, she gave up a really good income, she and her husband were about to have no income and probably be homeless soon and she needed to go to a school she could afford, not the school she wanted to go to, because they couldn't afford it, and she did not need to spend $150,000 on getting a doctorate anyways.

so guess, i'm saying check around at different school - many, many have online classes. you could even do a class or two while still working. giving up income nowadays isn't a great idea, unless you have an emergency fund, all your debts paid off and extra to live on while you're taking classes. and don't forget that there is not a magic wand to land a job with your new skills immediately after graduating, so you might need even more income to survive until you do get a new job.

soooo... look and look and look before you jump. test the water before jumping in, make sure you got your floaties, etc! ;-D

Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:04 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks to the tip from badcop i checked it out and learned that all the reviews claim this school to be bogus.

I'm going to study on my own for a while with the guidance of a friend who has been earning a living online writing code and adding his art to sites for 16 years ....I start at square one now though ....by learning HTML. ...then CSS ...and so forth.

One step at a time.

Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:53 am   Reply with quote         

That school is a scam for sure... There are plenty of reliable accredited schools that offer graphic design if you want to make them part of your plan of attack, I say YOU CAN DO IT if you WANT to do it.

I work full time, go to school full time and I have four kids age 8 and under.

I do it. I even managed a 4.0 last semester.

I didn't WANT it when I was 19. I did terrible in school then. I WANT IT NOW and work hard to get it done.

If you are ready, go for it! If you aren't ready for the commitment, wait a bit until you are ready to invest yourself.

http://www.track4va.com

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - Can I do this? - Reply to topic