Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Computer Problems - Google Problems - Reply to topic

Dream_weaver

Post Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Is it just me or some of you having similar problems when doing image search in Google.
I do an image search and I only get partial results, the rest are blank boxes like they are still loading and the page doesn't scroll. Some other times when I image search, my browser freezes and I have to Alt-Tab out of it and shut down from the Task Manager or have to do a complete reset. Am afraid that if I am unable to find a fix for this, that I won't be able to participate anymore.
I am using Win7 64 bit with Firefox as my browser. Everything up to date on driver side of things.
Thanks for the help and suggestions...

WhimSea

Post Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:00 pm   Reply with quote         

i used to use google as a home page, but then it started having problems connecting, especially after their April Fool's day prank.

I use Bing as my home page now, but then use the Google toolbar for doing searching and it works. I don't like the search on Bing - just the daily photo.

so, did you try doing a search using the google search from the toolbar? I don't know why it works for me, but it does.

Dream_weaver

Post Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the quick reply. I did try that and had same problem as earlier mentioned. But just now I was able to do a search by going into standard view, show size, and then I clicked on reset tools. That seemed to clear it up for now. But who knows about for later...Thanks again...

Alex

Post Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:59 pm   Reply with quote         

They had a problem today. Yep. Google Images is very unstable since the new layout, but today was just the worst day ever...

Post Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Google image search seems to have implemented a jQuery plug-in called "lazy load". Basically it loads the images as you scroll down. If it's not lazy load then it's very similar.

I'm guessing that the architecture of the plugin is rough on computers with lower amounts of installed memory.

Dream_weaver

Post Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:09 pm   Reply with quote         

I appreciate all the feedback on this problem. I have 4 gig ram, so I hope that isn't the issue. I think it is something to do with my Firefox since I just did a search using IE and it ran just fine. Oh well, I guess until they have a plug-in or fix it for Firefox I will just use IE for my image searches. Thanks again...

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Computer Problems - Google Problems - Reply to topic