Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - Need help. Got a picture low res, must read text. Plz help - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Fri May 15, 2009 5:17 am   Reply with quote         

Aight so the break down is i have a picture or a few of them that i need to read the text on. Ive used up a couple of different options. of course the sharpen, no luck. Changed it from raster to vector in hopes i could zoom it. no luck, worked with live trace via photoshop/illustrator. no luck. Even downloaded a online magnifying glass with semi luck i was able to read a few bits and pieces but i really must read it all. N e help on how to get the text read? im afraid to much info is lost in the scanning and it's not possible but all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Post Fri May 15, 2009 5:42 am   Reply with quote         

care to share the image?

Post Fri May 15, 2009 5:51 am   Reply with quote         

i'd love to post an image, but i keep gettin an error with it. I got msn if ur comfortable with me sending u an image shack link. It won't allow me to do that here because i don't have 5 posts and 1 day registration Sad kinda sucks but i can understand that. Lemme know if thats cool with you i'd love some help on this.

Post Fri May 15, 2009 5:56 am   Reply with quote         

unoriginal wrote:
i'd love to post an image, but i keep gettin an error with it. I got msn if ur comfortable with me sending u an image shack link. It won't allow me to do that here because i don't have 5 posts and 1 day registration Sad kinda sucks but i can understand that. Lemme know if thats cool with you i'd love some help on this.

just post the link without the http:// in front of it, we'll figure it out Smile

Post Fri May 15, 2009 6:00 am   Reply with quote         

wished i could man ive tried. This is the error i get.
General Error

In order to try to prevent spammers, we do not allow our users to post URLs in any form until they have posted at least 5 legitimate posts and have been with us for more than 1 days. We appreciate your understanding in this matter in order to help us eliminate spam from this forum. If you have somehow gotten this message even though you meet both of the criteria, please let us know ASAP.

Thanks!

this is the link, u'll have to type it in manually. h t t p : / / i m g 2 5 .i m a g . u s/ im g2 5/7 839/1 00 080 7 i. j p g

only way i could post is with the spaces unfortunately.

Post Fri May 15, 2009 6:05 am   Reply with quote         

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7839/1000807i.jpg

Gonna see what's possible, not confident though in a good result, as most letters seems to be only 2, 3 pixels big. Wich makes it practically impossible (don't believe CSI miami and consorts Very Happy)

Post Fri May 15, 2009 6:07 am   Reply with quote         

yea didn't think there was much hope tbh. Ive been working on it for about 3 hours. and used all my knowledge only been able to make out a few words here and there Sad. Sucks i don't have the original file.

Post Fri May 15, 2009 6:11 am   Reply with quote         

Yeah, fraid this will be a null operation. Too much artefact scattering (due to jpeg compression) and combined with the low resolution, this is gonna be useless to even try.

Nice dog though Very Happy

Post Fri May 15, 2009 6:13 am   Reply with quote         

yea thought so, i tried everything. even converted it to vector based in illustrator. Figured the same. To much info was lost when it was submitted n the forums / image shack. Guess i'll have to get out the ole magnifying glass for this one. Appreciate your help thou. Nice fast results on this site i like it Wink

Post Fri May 15, 2009 6:25 am   Reply with quote         

unoriginal wrote:
Nice fast results on this site i like it Wink

Just happen to have nothing to do anyway. And I'm a nice guy :p

Feel to free to chop something for the contests Very Happy (guarantee it's fun Wink )

blue_lurker

Post Fri May 15, 2009 6:29 am   Reply with quote         

let me see if I can enlarge it with photozoom has worked for me before and the text was readable, with a little guessing on some things but then it was 4 pages from one of them mini, mini bibles.

Post Fri May 15, 2009 6:32 am   Reply with quote         

appreciate the help guys Very Happy. Im going to bed atm it's 4 am. i'l check back in the morning and see whats up. Thanks again for all the support.

Ps i have a few projects i'd love to enter in the contest if u can leave me details.

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri May 15, 2009 9:11 am   Reply with quote         

unoriginal wrote:
appreciate the help guys Very Happy. Im going to bed atm it's 4 am. i'l check back in the morning and see whats up. Thanks again for all the support.

Ps i have a few projects i'd love to enter in the contest if u can leave me details.

Simple concept really.

1. Go to one of the open contests
2. Download the source pic for that contest
3. Chop the pic however you like.
4. Upload your chop to the contest for review and voting
5. Rummage around the site to see what's what while you wait for voting to end.
6. Get addicted to PSC.

Wink

blue_lurker

Post Fri May 15, 2009 11:49 am   Reply with quote         

Man there is nothing to work with here best I could do for you, found going black and white made it easier to read but then I still cant read it, maybe your eyes are better than mine. Sorry mate best I can do.

click the link

Granulated

Post Fri May 15, 2009 2:30 pm   Reply with quote         

not a chance..the only hope is to be looked at by someone who has a clue as to what the text MIGHT be and then extrapolate

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - Need help. Got a picture low res, must read text. Plz help - Reply to topic