Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - Pre-hire questions from a new client. - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:53 am   Reply with quote         

Hello, great site you have here a LOT of talent out there. I would like some custom art work created for me.

--About Me--
I am a disabled vet and I am building my own 3-wheel bike (trike) this winter so I can still ride. I will have to have the seat custom made, the seat shop can put graphics in the seat, they have some neat examples of things they have done.

It will cost me about $400 to get the seat made, and a bit of graphics will not cost much more if anything at that point. So I want something cool on the seat, Smile

The seat will be a king queen vinatage style seat with high backrests.

Now I have tons of jpgs, and so does google images. I could just slap something "kool" on it and be done with it, but would like to explore the option of getting some art made for me.

I am open to all sorts of designs, I am looking to tap someone elses creative flow, but I do desire the following.

--The Art--
I want a tribal tattoo style that has the three letters (cuz) somehow in it.

I would prefer if the letters don't STAND OUT, but rather be almost invisible unless you know what your looking for then you cant help but see it.if that makes sense?

While I am looking for your designs, and will consider anything, I have thought that using an animal as the tribal "base" might work well. I like these animals for this concept.
Thunderbird, Chamelon, & Rattlesnake.

While I love skulls and flames, they wont work on this bike so I need to avoid them.

--The $$$--
I am not sure how much to offer for such a design? I dont want to be insulting with a low offer as you guys seem to have a lot of talent around here. but I also live on a fixed income and am trying to build a bike on it, so that means if its going to cost a lot, I will have to go with google "flash".

I was thinking, I plan to spend $400 on the seat, if I were to spend 10% of that cost designing a graphic that would be acceptable, is $40 within reason for what I am asking for?

--The Questions--
How is best to handle this process, I will try to research the other ads to see how its done around here, but if someone could just cut to the chase...would save me time.

I really would like to be able to select from several diffrent designs from diffrent people. Not really looking to hire the first guy that says. Hey! I can draw that for you no problem...even if he does produce a quality image, whats to say I didnt miss out on someone elses better idea...

I am in no hurry to get this done with, it is a winter project.

So anyway, thats my saga...thanks for reading.

Edit: now that I can post pics, here is a pic of a trike, while mine will be a bitdiffrent it will be very much like this one. especially the seat.

Oscar

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:45 am   Reply with quote         

Seems like a legit job offer... any takers?

Michel

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:59 am   Reply with quote         

Is it a bicycle or a motorcycle?

ReyRey

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:11 pm   Reply with quote         

$40 is extremely low for something like that but you were very sincere and asked very nicely and gave plenty of detail and your story is a nice one which people will want to contribute to. You will get plenty of help here. The people are very nice and love to contribute to honest people like yourself. Good luck in your project. Wink I'll check back later to see how this thread goes.
I can't do it right now, but if you don't get what you need, I will try and help later. Good Luck Very Happy

seamusoisin

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Ditto what ReyRey said. You should post pics of your project as inspiration as we are not all bikers. I have no idea what this seat looks like. Our resident biker expert is a riding over the rainbow bridge and we can't get hold of him to help us.

Here is my idea! Colours are changeable and the CUZ is in the design. If this is in leather you could have them stich in a different colourfor effect.

Oh yeah the price for a veteran is zero and you can choose whatever currency you wish.

Cheers

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:08 pm   Reply with quote         

I gave this @ 5 minutes, a picture of the bike seat would help, this post did arrive with some other spam so I hope you post something more to prove you're real. Wink

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for all the positive feedback...To answer your questions.

It is for a motercycle seat, and here is a picture of trike somewhat in the style mine will be. My seat has not been built yet but will be this style (though the drivers portion might have a tad higher backrest, and overall width might be a little more.

Anyway I am to new to post a pic apparently so hope you can follow this I will post proper latter.

img109 DOT imageshack DOT us/img109/190/22533844 DOT jpg

Yeah, I am not a spam bot, lol just a biker whose feet dont work well enough to hold up a 2 wheeler.

Thanks again for welcoming me, agreeing to help, and even starting to submit designs...really fills me with hope that this idea is going to work!

ReyRey

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Martrex

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:29 pm   Reply with quote         

I like this 3 wheeler! Very Happy Very Happy

Michel

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Here's one from a local singer, Martin Deschamps.

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Thank you for posting a link to my pic.

I like that 3 wheeler too but could NEVER build something like that Confused

Tesore

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Cool work seamusoisin & Paul!

@^cuz^, If you need some practice... start with something like this:

Wink

blue_lurker

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:38 pm   Reply with quote         

If you could give the seat dimensions and the seat style or shape would help a lot. I have designed 2 seats for a mates pedal bike with his company logo on it and would like to give this a shot for free, cause ya asked so politely and honestly.

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry cant provide dimensions as I havetn designed the seat yet. but the pic posted above shows the basic style of seat that I will be using.

blue_lurker

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:09 am   Reply with quote         

Ok so its not a pan seat as such more of a banana seat, so I guess Im looking at long and skinny then?

One more quick question. leather or vinyl, you can have finer detail with leather due to its strength compared to vinyl?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - Pre-hire questions from a new client. - Reply to topic