Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - need major help with my patch tool in cs3 - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:13 am   Reply with quote         

I'm trying to use the patch tool like I always do when I'm editing images to get rid of blemishes in the skin. As you should know its supposed to take a piece of another part of the image and copy it into the area that I want it to be in. The problem is that when I use it instead of the "crawling ants" outline staying in one spot (allowing me to move from inside them and find an area) the whole thing moves and it copies the part I outlined to a totally different part and copies that one area. I don't know what to do to change it back to the way it was working before? Can any of you people tell what I'm doing incorrectly?

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:46 am   Reply with quote         

I've had this problem before. All you need to do is utilize your period and shift key to implement proper grammar. Hope this helps! Wink

Paul Von Stetina

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:56 am   Reply with quote         

eat less chocolate Wink

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:10 am   Reply with quote         

drknotter wrote:
I've had this problem before. All you need to do is utilize your period and shift key to implement proper grammar. Hope this helps! Wink

Laughing

...maybe you guys forgot what Mr. Winky emoticon means?
Very Happy

Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:23 am   Reply with quote         

I'm not sure if I'm responding to spam here or not, but since this is a photoshop forum, and you're asking a photoshop question, I'll take my chances.

Try reseting your preferences. Go here: http://photoshophelp.blogs.com/photoshophelp/2005/07/photoshop_prefs.html to read about HOW to do that.

Like I said, I don't know if this is spam, but come on... It's a simple question, and there are many people here with the smarts to try to help. Who cares if the persons grammar sucks? There are plenty of members here who are worse when it comes to grammar... Dewd I'm talking about you. Laughing

I would hate to be a new member here these days.
[/rant]

bigbuck

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:07 am   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm responding to spam here or not

Highly likely!!!!

gravyboat

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:24 am   Reply with quote         

I would hate to be a new member here these days.
[/rant]

.....a little less forgiving than we used to be aren't we..... Sad

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.
TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:39 am   Reply with quote         

Ima translate

pyt_typhanie wrote:
I'm trying to use the patch tool like I always do when I'm editing images to get rid of blemishes in the skin. As you should know its supposed to take a piece of another part of the image and copy it into the area that I want it to be in. The problem is that when I use it instead of the "crawling ants" outline staying in one spot (allowing me to move from inside them and find an area) the whole thing moves and it copies the part I outlined to a totally different part and copies that one area. I don't know what to do to change it back to the way it was working before? Can any of you fine people tell what I'm doing incorrectly?

Do you have Source or Destination checked?

rashdog
Site Moderator

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:46 am   Reply with quote         

drknotter wrote:

Ha! That's great!

ReinMan

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:35 am   Reply with quote         

I have an idea for SPAM PEOPLE checking:

So, a definate NEWBIE account asks a Photoshop question, one that might seem weird or a bit off. No one has heard of NEWBIE before. Might be spam. Might be Newbie.

So, the FIRST PERSON who responds (that person being a legitimate member here) asks the supspect NEwbie a question. Something like "tell me the platform/software version/etc" and then (THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART) NO ONE ELSE RESPOND TO THE THREAD.

If the original poster answers that first question even slightly intelligently, we can proceed with the thread. IF THEY DO NOT then DON'T ADD ANY MORE TO THE THREAD.

My experience here is a lot of "new" people ask for help, then a lot of us repond with lots of helpful stuff. And usually you NEVER hear from the original poster again. A) because they are most likely a Spammer B) because they have no real interest in staying around and being part of our actual community.

This is my idea. I think it might help with this "problem".

reindeer (P.S. I'm starting a new thread with this topic in it - http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=11022)

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

rashdog wrote:
drknotter wrote:

Ha! That's great!
How about this Why be a Douchbag?

ReinMan

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:25 pm   Reply with quote         

pyt_typhanie wrote:
rashdog wrote:
drknotter wrote:

Ha! That's great!

Okay - we have a response from the original poster.

You may all now stop acting like douche bogs and proceed with friendly courteous answers. Very Happy

dewdew

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
There are plenty of members here who are worse when it comes to grammar... Dewd I'm talking about you.

I have you to know i have great grammer.....i just have fat fingers or (i type with two keys at a time)...and well, my spelling is a might on the LAX side. Laughing

Ooh, and i almost forgot.....PHUCK UWE...... Twisted Evil Cool Laughing

about the Patch tool: Once you select the patch tool it has options that come up on the top of the page. There are only two. Source and destination i believe??? Select source it will let you do what your looking for....the Destenation is the one you have selected now.

About the Douche bags: Welcome to the jungle BABY. Mr. Green

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:56 pm   Reply with quote         

pyt_typhanie wrote:
rashdog wrote:
drknotter wrote:

Ha! That's great!

Rashdog is a moderator at PSC. Both of us thought Dr.Knotter's response was "humorous." You know, that reaction you get that makes your mouth upturn?
And...it was followed by a winky emoticon, loosely translated, meaning the statement was made in jest & don't get your panties in a knot.

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:18 pm   Reply with quote         

edit for tutor:..... Wink

Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - need major help with my patch tool in cs3 - Reply to topic